Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former UK Coach Mumme Sued; Ex-Players Claim Religious Discrimination
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) - Three former New Mexico State University football players - all Muslims - sued the university and coach Hal Mumme on Monday, saying they were dismissed from the team because of their religious beliefs.

The American Civil Liberties Union filed the federal lawsuit on behalf of Mu'Ammar Ali and brothers Anthony and Vincent Thompson. "Universities are supposed to be places of evolved thinking and reason, not of base intolerance and bigotry" said Peter Simonson, executive director of ACLU New Mexico. "In this case, the university failed its purpose, and a coach indulged in those prejudices to assert his own religious preferences over the players and the team."

and you can read the full story here: http://www.wkyt.com/Global/story.asp?S=5337080
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
So they have proof that was the real reason?
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Man I hate to hear this. I hope everything gets worked out on both sides.
wow mumme just can't stay out of trouble...
no thats crap...this is your typical band of crybaby muslims at work, and then getting the ACLU involved is another band of terrorists at work...I know many UK fans dont like Mumme, and for good reason, but this is absolute crap. You didnt get cut because you are a crybaby muslim, you got cut because your not good enough to be on a winless NMSU team. Way to go, Hal!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:no thats crap...this is your typical band of crybaby muslims at work, and then getting the ACLU involved is another band of terrorists at work...I know many UK fans dont like Mumme, and for good reason, but this is absolute crap. You didnt get cut because you are a crybaby muslim, you got cut because your not good enough to be on a winless NMSU team. Way to go, Hal!

:Clap::notworthy I agree with you completely!!!!!
AS I DO ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They run this shit in the ground..so sick of hearing about it!
I think it's total crap. All they are wanting is money and publicity because they couldn't make it in football. Now a days it seems like evryone is getting offended of everything and they are saying that is religious and I'm sick of it.