Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Football Point Shaving?
Last week late in the Florida game Max Smith completed a few pass in row, seemed to be finding his rhythm, the score is 24 to 7 in Florida's favor the point spread is Florida -13 suddenly the UK left tackle fails to even touch the Florida DE who proceeds to crush Max Smith. Two plays later we saw the same UK left tackle do the exact same thing and allow the Florida DE to crush Max Smith again! It was pretty obvious that the UK linemen did it on purpose! The "Air Raid" is known or simplicity and it's pretty common practice for the LT to block the DE lined up right in front of him! If UK scores again the score is 24 to 14 and Florida more than likely runs the clock out and fails to cover the (-13). My question is,,, was the UK tackle trying shave points or trying to influence the starting QB job? Here is some interesting facts, if you combine the 2012 and 2013 season UK is 1-7-1 against the spread in SEC games, they are also 0-4 ATS in rivalry games with UL and WKU. That's a total of 1-11-1 ATS. Maybe some of those drops passes we saw last season were not a accident??? Comments please!
I don't mean to be rude but I feel like I lost IQ points simply for reading that.
FBALL Wrote:I don't mean to be rude but I feel like I lost IQ points simply for reading that.

Did you watch the game last week? Did you see the Florida DE KILL MAX SMITH? The UK tackle didn't even touch the DE let alone try to block!
I was at the game last week. And yes I did watch it.
Maybe he just thought it was a different play/pass protection?
Real Badman Wrote:Maybe he just thought it was a different play/pass protection?

It looked bad on TV, he didn't do just once he did it two times. Point shaving happens in College sports all the time! When throw in how bad UK has been against the Point spread it looks really bad to lots of people!
FBALL Wrote:I don't mean to be rude but I feel like I lost IQ points simply for reading that.

LOL...just reading some of your posts you don't have many "IQ" points to lose. But really...I think the point shaving thing is absurd. Even if UK has a past history of it.
^Confusednicker: The concept behind shaving is that you have to have them to begin with. And with this anemic offense, they don't have a lot to work with right now.

Not to say it's impossible, but I'm not buying it. Film will show the lineman you're referring to is having issues, and he'll be replaced if it continues.

Provide a # and we'll keep an eye out. Since we all know what's best for the program :eyeroll:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Spirit100 Wrote:^Confusednicker: The concept behind shaving is that you have to have them to begin with. And with this anemic offense, they don't have a lot to work with right now.

Not to say it's impossible, but I'm not buying it. Film will show the lineman you're referring to is having issues, and he'll be replaced if it continues.

Provide a # and we'll keep an eye out. Since we all know what's best for the program :eyeroll:.

#77 Darrian Miller is the linemen I am referring too. I don't think you saw the 2 plays I am talking about! The second sack had the TV play-by-play guys stunned. I can't believe more UK fan are not wondering what the H*** was going on!! Plus history doesn't lie , since the start of the 2012 season UK is 1-11-1 ATS in the UL,WKU and SEC games!
honestjchsfan Wrote:#77 Darrian Miller is the linemen I am referring too. I don't think you saw the 2 plays I am talking about! The second sack had the TV play-by-play guys stunned. I can't believe more UK fan are not wondering what the H*** was going on!! Plus history doesn't lie , since the start of the 2012 season UK is 1-11-1 ATS in the UL,WKU and SEC games!

Did it ever occur to you that they are not very good. And I guarantee they are not using a left Tackle to shave points.
insideinfo Wrote:Did it ever occur to you that they are not very good. And I guarantee they are not using a left Tackle to shave points.

Did you read the post I made to explain my point? I never said the UK staff was shaving points! This UK staff wants to win and win badly. Some you guys on here have no clue what point shaving is!! Perhaps I should have used a different term other than "Point shaving"! Any position player or kicker on the football can easily influence the out come of a football game! A missed block here and Missed tackle there is all it takes!! Back a few years ago there were rumors of Steven Garcia shaving points, after the Gamecocks started 1-4 ATS, The "Old Ball Coach" put Garcia's butt on the bench!!!!
Could it be a lack of talent? LOL!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fromthebleachers Wrote:LOL...just reading some of your posts you don't have many "IQ" points to lose. But really...I think the point shaving thing is absurd. Even if UK has a past history of it.

Oh I have plenty. But as a Loserville fan I know you can't relate.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Did you read the post I made to explain my point? I never said the UK staff was shaving points! This UK staff wants to win and win badly. Some you guys on here have no clue what point shaving is!! Perhaps I should have used a different term other than "Point shaving"! Any position player or kicker on the football can easily influence the out come of a football game! A missed block here and Missed tackle there is all it takes!! Back a few years ago there were rumors of Steven Garcia shaving points, after the Gamecocks started 1-4 ATS, The "Old Ball Coach" put Garcia's butt on the bench!!!!

Why don't you just keep all this detective work to yourself and just start betting against them every week. You are bound to get rich.
insideinfo Wrote:Why don't you just keep all this detective work to yourself and just start betting against them every week. You are bound to get rich.

Sports betting in against the law so only a fool would admit to doing so on a public website! Dude even some really bad UK teams during Rich Brooks' first few years as coach were going 6-6 or better ATS!
Petrino!
Contact the FBI. I'm sure they will be interested in your theory.
E's Army Wrote:Contact the FBI. I'm sure they will be interested in your theory.

UK won AST spread and I look for them to play much better the rest of the season now that the coaching staff has decided that Whitlow is the QB. I will bet my bottom DOLLAR that Miller doesn't let his man go unblocked as long as Whitlow is QB! I got a good solid tip about Whitlow and Miller be real tight buddies! If you read my post I stated either point shaving or trying to effect who the starting QB would be! Watch the video, he let his man go untouched and Kill Max Smith!
I thought I heard somewhere that the LT did not block because he prefers Whitlow at QB to Smith? Anybody else hear this?
^
I dont think it matter.
He, along with both QB's suck.
This just seems to me that someone is trying to fine something else to complain about. If UK isn't winning then they must be shaving points. I've hear it all.. Get a live dude!!
panther nation Wrote:This just seems to me that someone is trying to fine something else to complain about. If UK isn't winning then they must be shaving points. I've hear it all.. Get a live dude!!

First of all I am not your dude! Secondly, UK was a 13 point dog, Max Smith was heating up and if UK scores Florida runs the clock out to win by 10 points failing to win ATS. When a LT fails to even touch the DE lined up right in front of him and that DE CRUSHS the QB,,, not one time but TWO times, sports bettors are going to notice!! Like I said before it looked really BAD! Sports betting forums were lighting up after those 2 plays! Take a long look at game film from last season! If any team in the USA drops that many passes that hit the WR in Both hands, sports bettors start to wonder!! If you think point shaving doesn't happen, and refs never try to effect the ATS outcome of football and basketball games and coaches don't cheat, you are the one that needs to get a life!! If you took the time to read the title of this thread, you would of noticed that I used a question mark at the end of the title. I realize now that very few people on BRG watch UK football! I notice you never made any comment about these 2 plays in question and I doubt that you saw them! That's the problems with this BRG site its about bragging, talking trash or putting someone down, it's no longer about serious discussions about sports! WHEN A SEC TEAM LOSES TO WKU 2 YEARS in ROW and is 1-11-1 AST, PEOPLE START TO WONDER IF THEY ARE LAYING DOWN!!!!!!
2-12-1 ATS now
Stop betting on them.
FBALL Wrote:Stop betting on them.

I've been betting against them.
Then you should be happy.