•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/25/13 Johnson Central @ ASHLAND
FBfan4life Wrote:Well your assumpsion SUCKS sir. It's not what I meant.

Not buying one word of that..I've seen you in action before.
Bob Seger Wrote:Not buying one word of that..I've seen you in action before.

OK
FBfan4life Wrote:Meaning saying something negative and sure enough, looks what it is doing. Getting you and Ripkin all wild up. never heard of that term before sir? meaning get you all upset. So my comment to Harry was to please stop and me hitting him with the chair so he would stop.

I've heard of all wired up, or all wound up....But that was sure a nice attempt at some damage control though. :lame:
Bob Seger Wrote:I've heard of all wired up, or all wound up....But that was sure a nice attempt at some damage control though. :lame:

Again, Ok.. sure if you say so sir
FBALL Wrote:Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Translation - Tomkittens aren't nearly as good as they were the past 4 years so we will just make excuses for why all of the games are close. We know it's because they aren't very good and one player carries them but we prefer to blow smoke and puff out our chest like we are relevant.

Fball, care to tell everyone again how many games Ashland will win this year?

Back on topic I think JC wins and most likely they will win handily. From all accounts this is a special JC team and they should enjoy the ride. Either way both teams will fall to someone from Northern Kentucky. I personally would love to see JC beat Highlands even if it meant that ass Bob Segar is happy. I know several folks from Paintsville and the vast majority are not ignorant unlike those who populate this message board. I personally enjoy the Matney swagger.
JC with a running clock.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Fball, care to tell everyone again how many games Ashland will win this year?

Back on topic I think JC wins and most likely they will win handily. From all accounts this is a special JC team and they should enjoy the ride. Either way both teams will fall to someone from Northern Kentucky. I personally would love to see JC beat Highlands even if it meant that ass Bob Segar is happy. I know several folks from Paintsville and the vast majority are not ignorant unlike those who populate this message board. I personally enjoy the Matney swagger.

5 or 6 was my earlier prediction. I figured they would lose to Raceland and maybe Ironton.

Does that make them any better because they squeaked by those two games?
JC should win big in this one. They have enough "red shirt college freshman", oh excuse me I mean hold backs 18 / 19 yr. olds to win this one. Bet they win the 8th grade state with all the should be 9th graders too. LOL Amazing how holding back KIDS makes you into a power house huh. Guess after the new KHSAA rule goes into effect, coach will have to start talking to those 5th graders to stay back a year so that they can continue the um.............TRADITION. LOL Simply amazing......LOL
Leaping Lee Wrote:Fball, care to tell everyone again how many games Ashland will win this year?

ah, come on now Notso....er, I mean Leper Lee, that was not very nice wording there....you've left me shocked and appalled.
LOVE this thread!!!!
fb fan Wrote:JC should win big in this one. They have enough "red shirt college freshman", oh excuse me I mean hold backs 18 / 19 yr. olds to win this one. Bet they win the 8th grade state with all the should be 9th graders too. LOL Amazing how holding back KIDS makes you into a power house huh. Guess after the new KHSAA rule goes into effect, coach will have to start talking to those 5th graders to stay back a year so that they can continue the um.............TRADITION. LOL Simply amazing......LOL

This is all you got? Hold backs? There is no school in the state where some parents don't hold back kids for athletic purposes. Not one. Of all the routes you could choose to attack the program, this one is absolutely incomprehensible and irrelevant. If the kid is under 19 at a certain point in the year, he is eligible. No player here has ever been legally too old to play. This is just...dumb.
Diogenes Wrote:This is all you got? Hold backs? There is no school in the state where some parents don't hold back kids for athletic purposes. Not one. Of all the routes you could choose to attack the program, this one is absolutely incomprehensible and irrelevant. If the kid is under 19 at a certain point in the year, he is eligible. No player here has ever been legally too old to play. This is just...dumb.

Somewhere along the way Coach Matney must have reamed him and his team a gooden....

And you are right Diogenes, a kid is either legal to play or he is not legal to play, and I agree, this is one of the sorriest and dumbest excuses of sour grapes that I have ever seen posted on this board......

I guess old sore loser here is not smart enough to figure out that all a parent has to do is not start there kid in school the very first year they are eligible to enroll in kindergarten to avoid the "holdback" label he wants to apply...

Anyways by the time all these kids are juniors and seniors every thing has leveled out as far as physical maturity......It's in middle school that you can see a difference, as a upperclassman in high school,it's negligible.
Boy, old Harry got the juices flowing in a few of you.

First, let me say that the question about JC beating CovCath away from Paintsville was obviously a trick question. Fort Thomas always wins its district with CovCath second. Therefore, the number two team always goes on the road. With the way the brackets are set up, I doubt that JC, or Ashland for that matter, have played CovCath at Covington in the playoffs.

On the other hand, it is possible that Fort Thomas has played one of these two on the road for the regional championship. That could happen if Fort Thomas is playing against one of them who was also a district champion. And, of course, Fort Thomas wins.

As for the meth lab remark, I actually thought it was pretty much on target so no explanation is needed.

My Question Two was apparently misinterpreted by Bob Seger. I was actually asking if Ashland had ever beaten CovCath in the playoffs at any location other than Putnam Stadium. I should have been clearer and I doubt it has ever happened.

Johnson Central has developed a good football program. I usually root for them. I will certainly root for them a week from Friday. However, if JC fans really want others to pay much attention to them they need to win a region and move on. As for Ashland, they are still wrapped in their long ago past.

I was unaware that, in order to be knowledgeable and credible, one must praise, but not be a realist, in regard to JC and/or Ashland. I missed that rule of life somewhere along the way. I wish no harm to either of them. However, I don't believe they are on a par with CovCath in most years and certainly no where near Fort Thomas. But, in reality, only Trinity sits on the top shelf with the Bluebirds.

And, in answer to FBfan4life, I don't think the fans of these two teams can be stirred up too much more. In the end, this is, most likely, the "championship final" for both of them.
Bob Seger Wrote:Somewhere along the way Coach Matney must have reamed him and his team a gooden....

And you are right Diogenes, a kid is either legal to play or he is not legal to play, and I agree, this is one of the sorriest and dumbest excuses of sour grapes that I have ever seen posted on this board......

I guess old sore loser here is not smart enough to figure out that all a parent has to do is not start there kid in school the very first year they are eligible to enroll in kindergarten to avoid the "holdback" label he wants to apply...

Anyways by the time all these kids are juniors and seniors every thing has leveled out as far as physical maturity......It's in middle school that you can see a difference, as a upperclassman in high school,it's negligible.
100 percent correct.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Boy, old Harry got the juices flowing in a few of you.

First, let me say that the question about JC beating CovCath away from Paintsville was obviously a trick question. Fort Thomas always wins its district with CovCath second. Therefore, the number two team always goes on the road. With the way the brackets are set up, I doubt that JC, or Ashland for that matter, have played CovCath at Covington in the playoffs.

On the other hand, it is possible that Fort Thomas has played one of these two on the road for the regional championship. That could happen if Fort Thomas is playing against one of them who was also a district champion. And, of course, Fort Thomas wins.

As for the meth lab remark, I actually thought it was pretty much on target so no explanation is needed.

My Question Two was apparently misinterpreted by Bob Seger. I was actually asking if Ashland had ever beaten CovCath in the playoffs at any location other than Putnam Stadium. I should have been clearer and I doubt it has ever happened.

Johnson Central has developed a good football program. I usually root for them. I will certainly root for them a week from Friday. However, if JC fans really want others to pay much attention to them they need to win a region and move on. As for Ashland, they are still wrapped in their long ago past.

I was unaware that, in order to be knowledgeable and credible, one must praise, but not be a realist, in regard to JC and/or Ashland. I missed that rule of life somewhere along the way. I wish no harm to either of them. However, I don't believe they are on a par with CovCath in most years and certainly no where near Fort Thomas. But, in reality, only Trinity sits on the top shelf with the Bluebirds.

And, in answer to FBfan4life, I don't think the fans of these two teams can be stirred up too much more. In the end, this is, most likely, the "championship final" for both of them.

I may be mistaken, and I can't research it right now, but I think they did win Class 3A, Region 4 in 2006 when they defeated Rockcastle County. They lost to Cov Cath in the semifinals. JCHS was 13-1 that season.
khsgamenight Wrote:I may be mistaken, and I can't research it right now, but I think they did win Class 3A, Region 4 in 2006 when they defeated Rockcastle County. They lost to Cov Cath in the semifinals. JCHS was 13-1 that season.

You are likely correct. However, I don't believe that either JC or Ashland has won a regional title since the northern Kentucky schools became a part of their region.
Wow someone from Ashland agreeing with bob segar. Obviously miracles do happen. I owe you an apology bob, you are not the biggest douche bag on BGR
tomcat4life Wrote:Wow someone from Ashland agreeing with bob segar. Obviously miracles do happen. I owe you an apology bob, you are not the biggest douche bag on BGR

Me and bob have agreed and disagreed in the past. But what he said about JC was correct. They just have an outstanding program and there isn't a maturity difference between 18 year olds and 19 year olds. They just have an outstanding program and anyone who uses an excuse as hold backs is looking for a built in excuse before the game to explain why they lost. I do think his beef with badcat went a little to far when he started calling out the sophomore class but to his credit he has backed off them over the past month. So if agreeing with the truth makes me the biggest deuche on bgr then give me the trophy.
I'm clearly giving all of my support to the young Tomcats in this game, but I also have nothing but respect and support for Coach Matney, he was just getting his start in coaching at Belfry when my Dad played there. And I have never heard anything but what a great Coach he was then from Dad.

So good luck to the Tomcats and the Eagles in two weeks, I'll be there in my maroon.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Me and bob have agreed and disagreed in the past. But what he said about JC was correct. They just have an outstanding program and there isn't a maturity difference between 18 year olds and 19 year olds. They just have an outstanding program and anyone who uses an excuse as hold backs is looking for a built in excuse before the game to explain why they lost. I do think his beef with badcat went a little to far when he started calling out the sophomore class but to his credit he has backed off them over the past month. So if agreeing with the truth makes me the biggest deuche on bgr then give me the trophy.

Sorry to offend 722000. I was not referring to you. After reading my post I see the confusion. I should have been specific. I was referring to arrogant Rex and the other goober that's arguing with himself under two screen names.
tomcat4life Wrote:Sorry to offend 722000. I was not referring to you. After reading my post I see the confusion. I should have been specific. I was referring to arrogant Rex and the other goober that's arguing with himself under two screen names.

Ok. No problem then.
fb fan Wrote:JC should win big in this one. They have enough "red shirt college freshman", oh excuse me I mean hold backs 18 / 19 yr. olds to win this one. Bet they win the 8th grade state with all the should be 9th graders too. LOL Amazing how holding back KIDS makes you into a power house huh. Guess after the new KHSAA rule goes into effect, coach will have to start talking to those 5th graders to stay back a year so that they can continue the um.............TRADITION. LOL Simply amazing......LOL

Hey genius. 17 kids on the 8th grade teams should be in the 7th grade based on their age (4 start on offense and 4 start on defense). Guess you really know what you are talking about.
FBALL Wrote:7

5 or 6 was my earlier prediction. I figured they would lose to Raceland and maybe Ironton.

Does that make them any better because they squeaked by those two games?

You never said maybe.

Not really I think this is a very mediocre Ashland team and I agree with you that they simple are not that much better than the teams on their schedule. It's been a stroke of good luck that nobody else in the area is any good either. How's that for an honest evaluation? However, I must add that beating someone 42-20 is hardly squeaking by.

Good luck to your Dirt Devils the rest of the year.
Bob Seger Wrote:ah, come on now Notso....er, I mean Leper Lee, that was not very nice wording there....you've left me shocked and appalled.

Not intended to be nice. I sincerely hope JC does well come playoff time even if it gives you a woody. I also believe that they will manhandle Ashland and should be embarrassed if they don't.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Not intended to be nice. I sincerely hope JC does well come playoff time even if it gives you a woody. I also believe that they will manhandle Ashland and should be embarrassed if they don't.

Gee Wally, when mom and dad get home they're gonna be really sore when they find out you've been talking all that nasty stuff again ...TongueirateSho

Hey Leper man, it's nice to know I've touched a special place in your heart...Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts....I'm truly humbled..:thanks:
Best place I could find to ask this question to a JC fan but what movie is that quote from that boughs at your home game about not coming into your house?
^^
Rudy
"You all know what you have to do....... No one, and I mean no one comes in to our house and pushes us around."
Leaping Lee Wrote:You never said maybe.

Not really I think this is a very mediocre Ashland team and I agree with you that they simple are not that much better than the teams on their schedule. It's been a stroke of good luck that nobody else in the area is any good either. How's that for an honest evaluation? However, I must add that beating someone 42-20 is hardly squeaking by.

Good luck to your Dirt Devils the rest of the year.
I agree with all of it. Very honest evaluation.

Ok they squeaked by Raceland and Russell more so than Ironton. But they hardly blew Ironton out either. If Ironton doesn't drop a couple of wide open passes and plays a little but of gap control on defense that game may have turned out very differently.

Good luck to the putty tats too.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:"You all know what you have to do....... No one, and I mean no one comes in to our house and pushes us around."

Thanks thought so but wasn't sure
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next