•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News!!!
Everybody does not know what u do Lee.The rest of us has to wait and see.I guess this goes further than football.I think some of these kids played other sports?
FBALL Wrote:It's not going to be pretty

There could be a stiff fine involved.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Everybody does not know what u do Lee.The rest of us has to wait and see.I guess this goes further than football.I think some of these kids played other sports?

Like Lee said...its gonna get ugly.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Serious question: Anything like the SMU penalty?

I think ultimately this will be worse. Not just for athletics either.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Everybody does not know what u do Lee.The rest of us has to wait and see.I guess this goes further than football.I think some of these kids played other sports?

I really don't know anything about those kids but I know there are some ruffled feathers up in Huntington.
FBALL Wrote:I think ultimately this will be worse. Not just for athletics either.
Wow. Certainly going to be an interesting time for EKY. Hate to see the kids that are guilty of nothing go through this.
FBALL Wrote:It's not going to be pretty

Worst case scenario: you fire the superintendent and coaches and the football team is suspended from play for a season? The KHSAA is a notorious bunch of limp-noodle wrist-slappers and nothing nearly that bad will happen. Any major repercussions beyond forfeiture of a few games and a nominal fine will come from within Fairview itself if they unearth some outright corruption and decide to get rid of those responsible. Any major penalties will of course be challenged by lawsuit and reversed by a friendly local judge, as the KHSAA well knows.
Sad situation all the way around really.
PRIDE101 Wrote:If true, not so great news for Pikeville. Fairview will be #4 seed.

Don't think it would make any difference to the Panthers either way.
I think everyone needs to understand a couple of things:

1. This will open a big can of worms for the KHSAA to start digging into
2. If you think Fairview hasn't pissed of the governing body with the injunctions and the in you face ignoring of the rules you are crazy.

The are going to absolutely blast them.
It will get worse once they start investigating. People will start spilling the beans about everything once investigators start showing up and asking questions. People will go into self preservation mode and tell everything they know.
Diogenes Wrote:Worst case scenario: you fire the superintendent and coaches and the football team is suspended from play for a season? The KHSAA is a notorious bunch of limp-noodle wrist-slappers and nothing nearly that bad will happen. Any major repercussions beyond forfeiture of a few games and a nominal fine will come from within Fairview itself if they unearth some outright corruption and decide to get rid of those responsible. Any major penalties will of course be challenged by lawsuit and reversed by a friendly local judge, as the KHSAA well knows.

It's not that simple. This is a school system that was on the verge of not existing anymore before Music opened the Huntington sports pipeline and the money started rolling in. There was a very controversial school tax vote last year. Academics at Fairview are very poor. I'm not sure if when all is said and done Ashland Blazer, Boyd. County and Russell don't end up with an increase in enrollment from all of this.
The problem is the KHSAA is toothless and powerless when there's always a friendly judge who needs local votes ready and willing to overturn any KHSAA motion. I personally wish they would've passed the bill requiring all the cases against the KHSAA to be tried in Franklin County instead of locally. THEN we might actually see some enforcement.
Diogenes Wrote:Worst case scenario: you fire the superintendent and coaches and the football team is suspended from play for a season? The KHSAA is a notorious bunch of limp-noodle wrist-slappers and nothing nearly that bad will happen. Any major repercussions beyond forfeiture of a few games and a nominal fine will come from within Fairview itself if they unearth some outright corruption and decide to get rid of those responsible. Any major penalties will of course be challenged by lawsuit and reversed by a friendly local judge, as the KHSAA well knows.

Here's the thing to keep in mind. Fairview didn't have a football program 15 years ago and the school district was close to closing the doors. If they get a post season ban or worse you could see a bunch of kids going to other schools. If that is the case look for the KHSAA to be very liberal in their transfer rulings.
We will have to wait and see,they could use this as an example.For all of those programs flirting with the rules watch out.
Leaping Lee Wrote:Here's the thing to keep in mind. Fairview didn't have a football program 15 years ago and the school district was close to closing the doors. If they get a post season ban or worse you could see a bunch of kids going to other schools. If that is the case look for the KHSAA to be very liberal in their transfer rulings.

How much more liberal can the KHSAA possibly GET in their transfer rulings...?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It will get worse once they start investigating. People will start spilling the beans about everything once investigators start showing up and asking questions. People will go into self preservation mode and tell everything they know.

Just like Watergate
Leaping Lee Wrote:Here's the thing to keep in mind. Fairview didn't have a football program 15 years ago and the school district was close to closing the doors. If they get a post season ban or worse you could see a bunch of kids going to other schools. If that is the case look for the KHSAA to be very liberal in their transfer rulings.

Yep
Diogenes Wrote:How much more liberal can the KHSAA possibly GET in their transfer rulings...?

The will open the door for transfers.
FBALL Wrote:It's not that simple. This is a school system that was on the verge of not existing anymore before Music opened the Huntington sports pipeline and the money started rolling in. There was a very controversial school tax vote last year. Academics at Fairview are very poor. I'm not sure if when all is said and done Ashland Blazer, Boyd. County and Russell don't end up with an increase in enrollment from all of this.

Don't count out The Rams getting a boost in enrollment from this. We benifitted greatly in 96 when they shut their program down.
FBALL Wrote:It's not that simple. This is a school system that was on the verge of not existing anymore before Music opened the Huntington sports pipeline and the money started rolling in. There was a very controversial school tax vote last year. Academics at Fairview are very poor. I'm not sure if when all is said and done Ashland Blazer, Boyd. County and Russell don't end up with an increase in enrollment from all of this.

That's a great point, from what I understand there are some board members very upset about the recent test scores. The amount of money spent on football has come into question.
FBALL Wrote:Yep

Were all the kids from Huntington paying tuition? And even if you lose every kid from the football team over this, still, that's what, 30-40 kids?

If their financial situation is so tenuous they can't withstand the loss of 30-40 kids, their time was short anyhow.
PRIDE101 Wrote:If true, not so great news for Pikeville. Fairview will be #4 seed.

But without coaches!
The mental attitude of the kids with all the distractions won't let them play at the same level.
Game prep from whatever coaching staff left won't be nothing like what's needed. They will have nothing going for them after this is over. The internal fighting and the kids trapped in the middle is a disaster!
You'll see kids heading for the boarder in a short time!!
Look at the bright side. They got a nice stadium out of all this mess!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't count out The Rams getting a boost in enrollment from this. We benifitted greatly in 96 when they shut their program down.

Ashland got Arliss Beach.

I have to admit that I have mixed emotions about this situation. The kids will be fine. I have a soft spot for Fairview for unnamed reasons but I'm ecstatic that certain people are being dealt with.
So what happens tomorrow night? Nicholas County has a bus leaving for Westwood.. Play? forfeit? Who coaches?
Leaping Lee Wrote:That's a great point, from what I understand there are some board members very upset about the recent test scores. The amount of money spent on football has come into question.

Yep again.
Diogenes Wrote:Were all the kids from Huntington paying tuition? And even if you lose every kid from the football team over this, still, that's what, 30-40 kids?

If their financial situation is so tenuous they can't withstand the loss of 30-40 kids, their time was short anyhow.

They are using address in Kentucky. Here's another issue that could come up. If these kids have used false address then Fairview has been receiving state funds for kids that are not residents. They could be asked to pay that back.

I'm telling you there is no limit to what could happen.
Diogenes Wrote:Were all the kids from Huntington paying tuition? And even if you lose every kid from the football team over this, still, that's what, 30-40 kids?

You are still over simplifying the situation. It's not that black and white.
Leaping Lee Wrote:They are using address in Kentucky. Here's another issue that could come up. If these kids have used false address then Fairview has been receiving state funds for kids that are not residents. They could be asked to pay that back.

I'm telling you there is no limit to what could happen.

Again. Yep.
WOW! This is going to get ugly. They had to have known this was going to happen. Everybody and their brother was watching them.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next