Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ky Elite Shootout at PCC
The radio said UK commit Karl Towns Jr will be playing but he plays for St Joseph's in New Jersey and they arent playing in the tournament. Lawd, lawd radio man. Lawd, lawd.
Are they charging for each of the games?
No the $10 will get you in to all three games. We tried to make the event affordable for everyone. We feel that price is more than reasonable to see three games with teams of the caliber of these!!
Friday at Hazard High School

6pm - RW Combs vs 22 ft Academy (Middle School Team)
7pm - Hazard vs RW Combs
8pm - Hazard vs 22 ft Academy

Saturday at Hazard High School

10am - East Perry vs 22 ft Academy

ONLY $5......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Isn't East Perry a middle school?
the 1 the only Wrote:Isn't East Perry a middle school?

It is and so is RW Combs. Does 22 ft Academy have a middle school team?

Edit... I just saw on the middle school basketball thread that this is 22 ft Academy's 8th grade team.
So what time does the first game start tomorrow
Hazard trying to match Perry's elite high school games with grade school and middle school games?!?!?! HAHA Classic
Think they are just having some games for grade school kids and a high school game in there. A lot of Hazards football players wont be playing.
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Hazard trying to match Perry's elite high school games with grade school and middle school games?!?!?! HAHA Classic

All those games tonight are middle school games,,, Hazard Varsity is not playing.
Coach Maxey Wrote:Tickets are gonna be $10 each. I will be releasing the ticket info this week on here. Check back daily for updates. That is my goal to help get these kids in our part of the state some better recognition because I feel like right now the talent in the mountains as well as all over the state is not recognized enough nationally. Maybe this event will help bring to attention just how good our players are and hopefully that it will give some of the kids a chance to be seen when they would'nt have without the event. In the future I hope there are more local coaches that will step up and wanna be apart of what we are doing. It was tough to organize this year but hopefully with a big turn out others will see its a huge stepping stone for the betterment of our kids!!

The betterment of our kids? The betterment of our kids? Did you say the betterment of our kids? How many of our kids will be playing? Other than the few on Perry Central's team.
insideinfo Wrote:Rhodes is the best thing that ever happened to the 14th region, I have never seen so many people so jealous.

:thatsfunn

Only a passenger on the Cordia bandwagon would make a comment like this. Rhodes will be out of Lotts Creek as fast as he came in if something better comes along. I wonder how many of you will jump off the wagon when Cordia takes back their place at the bottom of the 14 region.
^Your hoping that aren't you? You must really not understand the connection with Rhodes, Mrs.Whitaker, and Cordia. Cordia school will always be taken care of from here on out and trust me bigger jobs have already been offered to Rhodes and he's still right here in good ole lotts creek.
Rhodes came and tried to get the perry central job when they fired spurlock. So I doubt that anybody big has made Rhodes an offer
I didn't get to go to the games tonight. Can anyone provide any details and summaries of both the Perry and Cordia teams?
Perry central lost by 4 mainly Justin Johnson didn't seem to play until the 2nd half…Cordia game they started over each quarter was close not sure who won.Cordia had at least 7 players in street clothes not sure why?
Watched all the games tonight. Huntington Prep is loaded with Lyles, Perkins and Lindsey. Saw coaches form Kentucky, West Virginia, Oregon. Marshall, Northern Kentucky, Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Purdue to name a few. This was a great event and huge crowd. Got to talk with UK assistant Antiguia and he is a great guy. The Beverly and Johnson kids from Perry Central looked great. Cordia had 8 kids not dressed for their game.
I don't even know why Cordia played in this event if they weren't going to play
their varsity. They do have a good JV team though.

Perry plays right with 22Ft when Johnson decided to stop being Mr. Nice Guy. Justin is
a man amoung boys when he wants to be. He can be about unstoppable when he
uses his strength and size to his advantage. Braxton Beverly looked as good
as any point guard in the gym last night. I'm surprised Huntington Preps coach isn't already after Brax. Perry looked awesome the second half.
How did the transfers at Perry look?
The only transfer that played for Perry was the Freshman Damon Tobler. Tobler had
A nice break away jam and made a few shots around the basket. The kid is
a brute. Didn't back down any.
I wanna thank each and every one of you guy who came out to the event. I really think the people of eastern Kentucky appreciate basketball like nobody else in america. The coaches from the teams participating as well as the college coaches in attendance were very impressed with the crowd and event in general. But things like this can never happen without you guys and the staff at PCC both was amazing! I promise to have a much bigger and better event next year as we will have more time for organization and to add more local flavor for the event! I felt for the first year without a lot of advertisement the people showed up and it gave a struggling region something to get there mind off the real world only if it were for a day. I really look forward to next year and I hope you guys do the same! Again thanks!!!
Perry looked very good to be early they will only get better when Toomer and Pray come back in Janurary but Tobler will be a force a monster jam and he should be playing football he will not back down and will be a great player by the time hes a senior, Beverly seemed to be one of the best players in the gym as a guard hes D1 material and my pick to be the best player in the region. Johnson needs to be more agressive when he gets agressive hes an animal cant stop him. Cordia I dont think has all there player elgiable yet but when they get them elgiable they will be a tough team to beat by anyone. Perry and Cordia should be ranked high this year. Perry looks like a top 10 team.