Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 56 Russell 28
Congrats Pikeville:Thumbs:
That was one poorly played game. I don't see how either team can be happy except its a W for Pikeville.
Congratulations Pikeville!
Estep is very impressive.
Like I said in the Update thread I like my Crow well done:Thumbs:
FBALL Wrote:That was one poorly played game. I don't see how either team can be happy except its a W for Pikeville.
I am not sure about that. Sounds like the Pikeville D really stepped up except for the 97 yard drive they gave up there in the 4th qtr I think it was? Right after Charles got intercepted on the 3? And it amazes me how little credit people give to the D for the turnovers they force. Yes, some are not forced, I understand, but the fumble recoveries, interceptions, stripping the Russel player of a ball, etc. The D is a home run D, I mean, they go big. Ys, they also give up big plays and drives sometimes, but they absolutely have the ability to just shatter the other team's morale.
That was not good defense by either team. I'm sorry.
Wow! Bigger point spread than what i thought. Congrats to the Pikeville Panthers on this win. Great job by these players, and great coaching job By Coach Mac and staff.
PHSForever Wrote:I am not sure about that. Sounds like the Pikeville D really stepped up except for the 97 yard drive they gave up there in the 4th qtr I think it was? Right after Charles got intercepted on the 3? And it amazes me how little credit people give to the D for the turnovers they force. Yes, some are not forced, I understand, but the fumble recoveries, interceptions, stripping the Russel player of a ball, etc. The D is a home run D, I mean, they go big. Ys, they also give up big plays and drives sometimes, but they absolutely have the ability to just shatter the other team's morale.

And that is exactly what happened mid way through the 3rd qtr. you could see some steam going out of Russell's momentum. Best of luck in the playoffs to Russell.
Defence on both sides was bad..russell dwn 21-14 and going in for the tying score fumbles returned for a td then fumbles the kickoff 1 play later another td..35-14 game over...congrats to pikeville very good offence but just an average defence..will be interesting against raceland
The strip of Conley by Estep was a huge momentum shift.
Cody Estep. That's bout it.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Cody Estep. That's bout it.

Kid is a player.
Raceland would have been a little easier on the evils.Manynard would have called the rams off and not put 50 on his old team but hay u all picked this butt whopping.
1 or 28 a loss is a loss.

I still can't believe the decision to punt right before the half that got blocked and resulted in a Pikeville score.

There was a ton of yardage in this game.
Knew Pikeville would score. Not only does Russell not throw the. All or spread people out, but thy struggle defending it as well.
This game was all about turnovers and special teams.
Congrats to Pikeville. Good tune up for the playoffs.
Congrats to Pikeville. Should be a titanic struggle in Raceland in three weeks. Just need to take care business and stay healthy.
FBALL Wrote:The strip of Conley by Estep was a huge momentum shift.

Yeah. He's got a habit of doing that.
RamsFan Wrote:Congrats to Pikeville. Should be a titanic struggle in Raceland in three weeks. Just need to take care business and stay healthy.

I'll be at that one. I think the Ams take it though.
Watching Estep play, he seems to get better every game. The kids a momentum maker. As stated in another thread, Chase Hall, pound for pound is one of the strongest backs in the East-Single A.
Congrats to my Panthers on the win! While our defense still isn't where they need to be. They have improved a little since the first of the year. Russell is young and they will have a tough team next year. They may even get some transfers from Fairview....Wink
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Congrats to my Panthers on the win! While our defense still isn't where they need to be. They have improved a little since the first of the year. Russell is young and they will have a tough team next year. They may even get some transfers from Fairview....Wink

With Conley being just a freshman and McKee just a soph in the backfield, also Korzep a junior and what is a very promising group of young lineman Russell will be fine.

We all knew this would be the most challenging year.
FBALL Wrote:With Conley being just a freshman and McKee just a soph in the backfield, also Korzep a junior and what is a very promising group of young lineman Russell will be fine.

We all knew this would be the most challenging year.

Yeah plus you've got some good athletes coming up as well. I got to hang out w/ your brother in law during the game....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yeah plus you've got some good athletes coming up as well. I got to hang out w/ your brother in law during the game....

Mark is a good guy. I only got to talk to him for a couple of minutes before the game. I meant to come over there after the senior night stuff was finished but with the constriction on the track I just didn't walk all the way back around.
FBALL Wrote:Mark is a good guy. I only got to talk to him for a couple of minutes before the game. I meant to come over there after the senior night stuff was finished but with the constriction on the track I just didn't walk all the way back around.
I love Mark to death! Always have and always will. I wish you'd came over Id have liked to have met you.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I love Mark to death! Always have and always will. I wish you'd came over Id have liked to have met you.

Me too. But I had to leave early to go to work. I snuck out after Estep stripped the ball away from Conley. I definitely would have come over if not for that.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.
FBALL Wrote:Me too. But I had to leave early to go to work. I snuck out after Estep stripped the ball away from Conley. I definitely would have come over if not for that.

Good luck to you guys in the playoffs.

Same to you guys.
FBALL Wrote:This game was all about turnovers and special teams.

And Pikeville's very good running and passing games.