Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
America, Land of the Gay
Last night while working in the garage I heard Bill O'Reilly make what I thought was a very telling statement. According to him (paraphrased), all Republicans will have to morph into the Chris Christie political model to have any chance of being elected. Therefore one must be accepting of amnesty for illegals, gay rights ad nauseam and of course to endorse the continued slaughter of the unborn innocents. But, here's what caused my jaw to drop. He referred to conservatives who believe the rash of Godlessness evidenced in recent legislation in such matters as "ZEALOTS."

Now folks, zealots are what the Osama Bin Laden's of the world are. Not folks who take God at His Word. I find that I am now compelled to agree with PIG, "it's over." If he's right, that is to say, when Bill O'Reilly, who is the author of the current number one bestseller "Killing Jesus", comes out on national TV and declares that any who would espouse conservative Christian values will automatically by denied office by the voting public, it is over.

SKINNYPIG Wrote:I hate to be so pessimistic guys but, it's over! I'm not one to pay much attention to polls but, if even the most skewed poll on earth still has Obama and democrats approval rating anywhere above 18% after the first of the year, the proverbial snowball is definitely at the gates of hell. If in a mere three months, the media has not turned on these clowns (we know they won't), the majority of voters in this country will continue to follow as if they are deaf, dumb and blind. Just as a fly can't resist the sweet nectar of the Venus Fly Trap, most voters can't resist the urge of a vote to "Get What's Mine".

I hate watching it all unfold and I gotta say, it's fascinatingly mind blowing.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Moments after the Senate passed a historic measure to outlaw workplace discrimination against gays, activists turned their attention toward President Barack Obama and a long-sought executive order that would have the same effect, though on a much smaller scale.

"We call on President Obama to send a clear message in support of workplace fairness by signing this executive order," said Chad Griffin, president of the gay advocacy group Human Rights Campaign."

http://www.windstream.net/news/read/cate...t_focus-ap

2 Timothy 3:1-5 (KJV)
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is the reason im all for state by state voting on issues like gay marriage.

If California wants to homos to marry, fine, if we dont here in KY, fine.
Lets not make it a human right issue though.
2 Chronicles ch. 7 ver.14 (KV)
14 - If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=164714
Jesus said "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's."

There are many rules and laws that I do not support as a Christian, but, when it comes right down to it, this is a law of man! I know and work with gay people. I don't support their lifestyle because I do not personally believe it is the way of Christ! BUT - I have nothing but confusion going through my head when I see them go to a Christian Church, thus, I pray that God helps those individuals by his means. As a Christian, I judge my own life. I control what I have control of! I vote for those who will vote similar to my beliefs! I support bills, measures and petitions that are personal beliefs of my own! But, in this democratic Country that I call home, I must prescribe to the verse of Jesus above.

So, all that rambling above is just for this point. Gay marriage, it is not a legal issue to me, it is 100% moral! But until the day that Jesus (or whoever you believe in) comes back and takes over this world, moral issues will remain separate from legal issues. Do I support gay marriage? Well, no I don't because I believe it is a moral issue and it is my belief that a Man and a Woman constitutes the definition of a marriage in a bible! Do I support couples having the right to live legally as such, share legal rights, insurance, tax and everything else that Caesar owns? Yes I do!

I pray every day that God steps in, and when I do, I realize that it is not his plan! He let the world flood because it was his plan! He will allow this world to end by Caesar's hand, just as he planned!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2 Chronicles ch. 7 ver.14 (KV)
14 - If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=164714

The verse you offer up for consideration is truly profound and 100% applicable to the United States in our time. Our lawmakers have lost their way and have substituted the dubious wisdom of man for the infinite wisdom of God. And yet, it is not the lost that God is speaking to here. Rather, it is HIS people. In other words, it is God's own people, the saved, who are to humble themselves, pray, seek His face and turn from their wicked ways.

If that happens, He being faithful and true, will heal our land. We can gripe all we want but, to no small degree the fault lies within the church. We are to call out sin for what it is!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This is a human rights issue. People have a right to spend money as they see fit and that includes people who hire workers and pay their wages. I personally would not necessarily refuse to hire anybody because they were gay, but I would refuse to hire a gay person who wanted to trumpet their sexual choices and activity at work. The workplace is not the place to promote one's sexual agenda, regardless of what their particular preferences are.

However, I support the right of anybody to hire employees on whatever basis they choose. Nobody has a human right to demand that anybody else pay them money unless both parties have agreed to exchange money for goods or services.

If we had a Supreme Court consisting of judges who had an interest in following the U.S. Constitution, they would find in favor of individuals and businesses who refuse to hire gay people based on their First Amendment rights. If the gay activists in this country want a ban on discrimination against gays in hiring practices, then they need to work to get a Constitutional amendment passed.
^All good points and all can be substantiated. However, I would argue from a different perspective. The following article demonstrates perfectly my logic defining the meaning of human rights;
[SIZE="3"] "the concept of "certain unalienable rights" is evidence that the Founding Fathers of the United States believed in God and for the most part we're strongly religious men with strong beliefs in entitlements bestowed by God upon men, and that these entitlements were so important that no earthly power can rightfully deny them. Therefore, no Government can deny these rights.

The whole of the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence sheds more light on this phrasing:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

Definition
The definition of "unalienable rights," is those rights that cannot be surrendered, sold or transferred to someone else - the government, for example, or another person. Some people refer to these as "natural" or "God-given" rights (life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness). Certain unalienable rights, such as a Social Security number, however, are "unalienable" only because the law prohibits reassigning your number to someone else.

In contrast, "inalienable rights" are those rights that can only be transferred with the consent of the person possessing those rights."
[/SIZE]

Man doesn't have the right to defy God rather, he has leave temporarily while alive and on this earth to do so. Albeit not without penalty, and as is the case with all men, the penalty is death if men choose to die in that defiance. That is the whole point. God put men on this planet earth to live out their lives and He gave all men something we call free will. With that free will, we have tremendous power, that being the power of choice. Which is magnified many times over for us who are blessed enough to have lived completely free lives in the United States. It is the choices men make that distinguish them in the eyes of God. He has charged every man to make a choice, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, and that is to choose for or against God. In other words, if we choose to repent and believe that His Son died a substitutionary death on the cross, thereby trusting Him fully with our soul, He is faithful and just to forgive us. But, if we choose to do things our way, and insist that a loving God would never send one of His creation to Hell for living in a fashion that seems perfectly fine to us, we forfeit any claim to the protection afforded to those who accept the unspeakable gift of His Son's death on the cross. The secret, if there is one, is that we are to compare our lives against the Lord Jesus Christ's life, not a flawed and fallible neighbor or church member. All of us have a viable argument if we want to use the life of any man to compare our own to. At any rate, God would not have allowed His only Son to die for men if there were any other way.

So, do men have the right to get married to other men when God has made it so abundantly clear in Romans Chapter 1, that homosexuality is an abomination to Him? Nope. Does God allow men to do that anyway, in defiance of His Word until His coming and the subsequent judgment of all men? Yep.

Even though I believe the scriptures state clearly that no man is better than any other man as they compare to one another, we err greatly when legislating for the purpose of expedience for sin. Dusty says that marriage is a totally moral issue and he is 100% right about that, in my humble opinion. Men ought not legislate in matters contrary to God's law. Legislation therefore, that contradicts or seeks to overturn God's law is foolhardy by any definition. Jesus said this about changing or altering God's law; Matthew 5:17-18 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

And yet, men have dared to tread on His authority by passing legislation to circumvent the Word of the one and only, Omnipotent God. And, when they do, we ought to speak out against such legislation as wrong even though we are bound to uphold those laws by not mounting any sort of insurrection. As our only recourse and as Dusty said, we should seek to vote them out of office. Therefore, if the Democrats insist on a platform incorporating abortion, gay rights, and other such madness which, are so clearly in violation of the law of the God of this universe, how can any man who honors Him ever justify a vote for a Democrat? The same would hold true for any Republican who opposes the authority of God.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
And now Hawaii becomes the 15th state along with D.C. to legalize gay marriage.

It's sickening how this is a top priority in these down economic times for America, or any time for that matter. It's almost as if it's being used as a distraction...
^
Obamas constituents.
WideRight05 Wrote:And now Hawaii becomes the 15th state along with D.C. to legalize gay marriage.

It's sickening how this is a top priority in these down economic times for America, or any time for that matter. It's almost as if it's being used as a distraction...

Very astute observation Wide, you get it for sure. Frankly, we are watching the fulfillment of prophesy unfolding right before our eyes. Not only is it sickening, to me it is frightening. Humanity is a boiling cauldron of unrest.

Lawmakers are doing what they think is right, given that they are operating for the most part, devoid of true wisdom. Understanding is part of the package only God Himself can deliver. That along with salvation, being at peace with one's self, and mental health. Hence the growing percentage of Americans among us who require psychoactive drugs. Man may have declared the precepts of Godly living to be outdated but, his own conscience remains, none the less, one of the most powerful forces with which he must contend. Apart from the healing and comfort that only the Master can provide, man has little recourse. As I have mentioned in the past, we here in America have left the path. Redefining truth, even to the point of altering what we consider moral behavior. No longer is God's Word final, rather It is considered to be a passé relic of history. Man in his folly has decided to update his ideas of morality and the more we revise, the more things will get out of hand.

America, is still the best hope for doing good in this world and yet, she has started to falter. I believe we have lost the vision of greatness we once enjoyed because the path we walked was lit by "The Light of the World", and by all appearances, it would seem we have outgrown our need for God's guidance. Such are the manifestations of living in the last days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
its nothing to do with Human rights,its this country got away from beening a CHRISTIAN NATION,IF your a CHRISTIAN,then the bible tells us u are not of your own anymore,you are GOD, and you have HIS thoughts and you act like HIM,HISword,DONT CHANGE,people try to change it,and i dont care how many people say there CHRISTIANS,the bible says u know them by there fruit,it says u hate what he hates and thats ANY SIN,but LOVE the sinner,and if any way anyone thinks its ok as long as it dont bother them,something is wrong,theres alot of so called CHRISTIANS,and then there GODLY CHRISTIANS and there is a BIG diffrence,this GAY thing will sweep this country make it down,it has to b4 judgement comes,LORD HAVE MERCRY is all i can say...
cuppett777 Wrote:its nothing to do with Human rights,its this country got away from beening a CHRISTIAN NATION,IF your a CHRISTIAN,then the bible tells us u are not of your own anymore,you are GOD, and you have HIS thoughts and you act like HIM,HISword,DONT CHANGE,people try to change it,and i dont care how many people say there CHRISTIANS,the bible says u know them by there fruit,it says u hate what he hates and thats ANY SIN,but LOVE the sinner,and if any way anyone thinks its ok as long as it dont bother them,something is wrong,theres alot of so called CHRISTIANS,and then there GODLY CHRISTIANS and there is a BIG diffrence,this GAY thing will sweep this country make it down,it has to b4 judgement comes,LORD HAVE MERCRY is all i can say...

I tend to lean on the conversation between God and Abraham for some insight in this matter, in Genesis 18:32 (KJV)
32 "And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake."

God is ready to destroy Sodom (ironically for the sin of homosexuality) and Abraham is understandably concerned. Not only are there many residents but, among them are his own brother and his family. Here is the point, God said He would not destroy the city for the sake of as few as 10 righteous if they are found there. There were in fact fewer than that but, God delivered righteous Lot and his whole family before judgment fell on Sodom. In other words, God was not willing to harm even one righteous man. So, He sent in angels to get Lot and his family out of the city before it was destroyed.

Now, if we extrapolate that same logic out to our own day, one could reasonably make the argument that there are far more righteous in America than 10 per city. Still, I believe judgment will fall on America because IMO, she has turned her back on Him. And, I believe that judgment will entail severe consequence and no small amount of suffering. We will have brought it upon ourselves. Case in point, remember how people thronged local churches soon after the calamity of 9/11? Admittedly, most of them stopped going at some point not so long after and yet, though men act big and independent right now they will bow before Him as fast as they did after 9/11. In just the same way and for the very same reason, you can bet churches will be full again one day in the not so distant future. Americans will be on their knees again and I believe that God will hear their pleas, if only for the sakes of the many righteous among us that serve Him by choice as we speak.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]