Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Covington Catholic 4A playoffs
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why do I need any excuses? I don't plan on suiting up tonight. Aside from Dressman, I understand that Covington Catholic is healthier than they have been in quite awhile. Their starting quarterback even threw 4 or 5 passes with no incompletions against Rowan County last week. Like I said, when players coming off of injuries are inserted into the lineup late in the season, it often causes chemistry and timing issues. I think that you are being a touch over sensitive. If anything, I am making excuses in advance for Covington Catholic. If you want to read some real excuses, go back and review all of the excuses that Highlands fans made after the 'Birds gave up a state record 918 total yards against Warren Central. I can imagine the excuses had Highlands actually lost that game. Confusednicker:

Go back to any game post after a HHS lose and show me HHS fans making excuses. When beat HHS fans acknowledge they got beat by a better team . After Elder game I heard nothing but what a great game it was and no blaming the refs for the loss. HHS fans love and respect good football/teams. Their are a few clowns on here putting down JC program but you know 99% of HHS fans respect them and are very interested to see how they perform tonight. I am not sure how much better CCH will be tonight compared to when HHS played them, I can only say they looked really bad the week I saw them. And we will get a better feel for JC tonight after playing a team HHS played to help compare.
sstack Wrote:Go back to any game post after a HHS lose and show me HHS fans making excuses. When beat HHS fans acknowledge they got beat by a better team . After Elder game I heard nothing but what a great game it was and no blaming the refs for the loss. HHS fans love and respect good football/teams. Their are a few clowns on here putting down JC program but you know 99% of HHS fans respect them and are very interested to see how they perform tonight. I am not sure how much better CCH will be tonight compared to when HHS played them, I can only say they looked really bad the week I saw them. And we will get a better feel for JC tonight after playing a team HHS played to help compare.
I don't know 99% of Highlands fans but I do know that the percentage of Highlands fans who respect Johnson Central's program and who are active in this forum and "that other one" is far below 99%. I remember when Covington Catholic downed Johnson Central 38-14 on the way to a state championship. If you were talking about the Colonels' fans, the 99 percent number would be more plausible. I think that 99 percent of JC fans have a great deal of respect for Covington Catholic's program and most of us wish their team well when they are not pitted against the Golden Eagles.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't know 99% of Highlands fans but I do know that the percentage of Highlands fans who respect Johnson Central's program and who are active in this forum and "that other one" is far below 99%. I remember when Covington Catholic downed Johnson Central 38-14 on the way to a state championship. If you were talking about the Colonels' fans, the 99 percent number would be more plausible. I think that 99 percent of JC fans have a great deal of respect for Covington Catholic's program and most of us wish their team well when they are not pitted against the Golden Eagles.

So, not true of Highlands?
Boonie Wrote:So, not true of Highlands?
I can only speak for myself. If Covington Catholic wins, then I will be pulling for them to win the title. If Highlands wins over either JC or Covington Catholic, then I will be pulling for anybody but Highlands to win the title.

All things considered, I would prefer not to deal with all of the gloating and insults of other programs that follows a Highlands' championship. I have much more confidence in Covington Catholic's fans to keep things in proper perspective. I am sure that some JC fans would prefer that any team that beats JC win all the marbles, but I am definitely not one of them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I can only speak for myself. If Covington Catholic wins, then I will be pulling for them to win the title. If Highlands wins over either JC or Covington Catholic, then I will be pulling for anybody but Highlands to win the title.

All things considered, I would prefer not to deal with all of the gloating and insults of other programs that follows a Highlands' championship. I have much more confidence in Covington Catholic's fans to keep things in proper perspective. I am sure that some JC fans would prefer that any team that beats JC win all the marbles, but I am definitely not one of them.

Do you have that opinion from talking to Highlands fans at the games?
Boonie Wrote:Do you have that opinion from talking to Highlands fans at the games?
I spend more time on computers than I do at football games. I know that there are some great people who are Highlands fans. It's too bad that there are so many obnoxious ones that troll football forums. Highlands has won enough titles for a few years. It's time for a change.
One indisputable fact; when Hoot says something, he owns it!!

Gotta respect that!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Less than 24 hours til game time.

Better break out the thermals....... it's gonna be cold.

Not as cold as last week but better break out the rain gear, looking like it's going to be a damp chill.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I spend more time on computers than I do at football games. I know that there are some great people who are Highlands fans. It's too bad that there are so many obnoxious ones that troll football forums. Highlands has won enough titles for a few years. It's time for a change.

You should go to the games. There are many more people getting along than not. I wouldn't let posts on a high school football discussion board cast in stone my opinions of any team's fans -- "trolls" or not.
Boonie Wrote:You should go to the games. There are many more people getting along than not. I wouldn't let posts on a high school football discussion board cast in stone my opinions of any team's fans -- "trolls" or not.
I never said that I don't go to any games - just that I spend more time interacting with fans on the computer than I do live. If JC wins tonight, I will be at the game next week but I will be in the visitors' section. I don't make many 10 hour drives to watch a football game. :biggrin:
Good luck jc from Lawrence county.show these bums what smash mouth is all about!!rooting for you guys to bring home a title.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I never said that I don't go to any games - just that I spend more time interacting with fans on the computer than I do live. If JC wins tonight, I will be at the game next week but I will be in the visitors' section. I don't make many 10 hour drives to watch a football game. :biggrin:

stands only on one side at Highlands and fans tend to intermingle between the 40's. Do not worry HHS fans are very well behaved despite what you think from a few posters on here.
Cold and damp weather? Bad for fans. Good for the team that doesn't throw the ball and hits people hard...
JC should win this game. Due to key members of Cov Cath being hurt. BUT JC has not played as good as schedule. They only lost to Highlands and Cincinnati power Moeller.
Pick 6.

Colonels up 21.

Should be a lot worse because CCH has made some stupid mistakes.

CCH is sounding like a strong squad.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Pick 6.

Colonels up 21.

Should be a lot worse because CCH has made some stupid mistakes.

CCH is sounding like a strong squad.

Refs are trying to give it to JC.

Just called a ruffing the passer when the QB didn't even go down. Bad call in a long string of phantom calls.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life