•  Previous
  • 49(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Defense Wins Wrote:Well since the AD has been in jail in Maryland since JAN 22 on rape charges no wonder they haven't hired a new coach looks like there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that needs to be fixed before a new coach Is even thought of.

Whoa! Da-Da-Daaaaaa. You could make a movie out of this stuff.
Defense Wins Wrote:Well since the AD has been in jail in Maryland since JAN 22 on rape charges no wonder they haven't hired a new coach looks like there is a lot more going on behind the scenes that needs to be fixed before a new coach Is even thought of.

looks like replacing the athletic director is a good place to start.
jw4914 Wrote:You're in my days and that was Coach Schaeffer and Coach Ferrell. Coach
Ferrell left in 82 and went to a high school in West Virginia and Coach Schaeffer retired in 82 or 83.... Not sure who took over in the mid 80's ...

Schafer was head coach in 88
Does this mean that applicants have to fly to Maryland to interview? The nerve. I guess he's not going to take the job himself either.
johnnyd Wrote:Does this mean that applicants have to fly to Maryland to interview? The nerve. I guess he's not going to take the job himself either.

Why would applicants fly to Maryland? Whitley County doesn't have employees in Maryland.
So I'm guessing the AD has been relieved of his duties? Would WC consider throwing the AD position into the mix as a package deal for a new head coach? That may make it more appealing to a big name coach.
Wildcat18 Wrote:So I'm guessing the AD has been relieved of his duties? Would WC consider throwing the AD position into the mix as a package deal for a new head coach? That may make it more appealing to a big name coach.

he is on unpaid leave and John Siler is serving as the acting athletic director. I agree that Coach/Athletic Director should make it much more attractive.
This has turned into a soap opera!
So everyone assumes he is already guilty. No one ever gets set up lied about.
Full deck Wrote:So everyone assumes he is already guilty. No one ever gets set up lied about.

Did somebody say he is guilty?
pjdoug Wrote:he is on unpaid leave and John Siler is serving as the acting athletic director. I agree that Coach/Athletic Director should make it much more attractive.

They may not have known the situation with the AD during the Hilton pursuit, but they did with Lucas. I wonder if that was in the deal they threw at him? If not, maybe they should have added that if they were really interested. With all this just now coming out, it's making the WC job look a lot more unattractive. They really didn't need that black eye with the AD at the moment.
Wildcat18 Wrote:They may not have known the situation with the AD during the Hilton pursuit, but they did with Lucas. I wonder if that was in the deal they threw at him? If not, maybe they should have added that if they were really interested. With all this just now coming out, it's making the WC job look a lot more unattractive. They really didn't need that black eye with the AD at the moment.

I agree. I really have no idea what they are doing.
pjdoug Wrote:Did somebody say he is guilty?

You don't always have to be guilty for a situation like this. Sometime it's about baggage you don't need. An example of "baggage" I can think of recently is the Fairview situation. I've heard different things about the coach there during that issue. Whether he knew or didn't know what went down. How it was his problem or it wasn't his problem. The bottom line is he now has that baggage. If I were an AD, I would frown upon a situation like that, associated directly or not. Much like in this situation, if I'm a principal, it's baggage. That's why he's on "unpaid" leave.

http://thenewsjournal.net/details.cfm?id=7926#comments
Wildcat18 Wrote:You don't always have to be guilty for a situation like this. Sometime it's about baggage you don't need. An example of "baggage" I can think of recently is the Fairview situation. I've heard different things about the coach there during that issue. Whether he knew or didn't know what went down. How it was his problem or it wasn't his problem. The bottom line is he now has that baggage. If I were an AD, I would frown upon a situation like that, associated directly or not. Much like in this situation, if I'm a principal, it's baggage. That's why he's on "unpaid" leave.

http://thenewsjournal.net/details.cfm?id=7926#comments

:Thumbs:
I hate this for my cousin and the rest of the team.... These boys want to know who will be
their coach for next season. And, this AD issue just adds to the drama.....
pjdoug Wrote:I agree. I really have no idea what they are doing.

I am shocked that Scott Paul has not included you on every decision
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I am shocked that Scott Paul has not included you on every decision

:lame:
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I am shocked that Scott Paul has not included you on every decision

I am shocked that Whitley has Not hire a coach. :why: I guess because my snitch has been telling me all along that it's and inside job.hire a coach inside or outside spring football just around the corner.:rockon:
64SUR haven't you learned that "niches" can't be trusted unless scratched every now and then.............
We are approaching 1,500 replies and 50,000 views.:popcorn:
walterwhite Wrote:This has turned into a soap opera!

This has been a soap opera since day one!!!!
Oh my. I haven't really been following this thread for the 1400+ posts, but it is obvious that things are a mess down in Whitley County. Hopefully all of this will be over soon so the Whitley County players can focus on playing football and not drama.
Looks like we might make 60 Minutes, again!
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Looks like we might make 60 Minutes, again!

we??
Ray Graham, still out there. Did a Great Job at Rowan Co. and Harrison Co. Good Coach and a Better Man.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Looks like we might make 60 Minutes, again!

I might need to stay off this thread....Confusederiously:
Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag.
The AD is in jail, but please keep this civil. The "victim" is 23 years old, and from what ive heard has some problems mentally. Im not saying Mike is innocent, but lets hold our breaths until something comes out of the situation.
Coach is many things, but as many of you know, even you Wburg faithful, Coach is a really good guy, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this isn't a fairy tale story. Ive known Coach for 20 years and played for him under 4 and a rapist is something I don't see coach being. I know almost all family and friends of rapist probably say the same thing, but this is a good man. If he admits fault, ill be the first to eat crow and admit I was wrong, but lets see how it all plays out.
As for the coaching search, its the same thing they said when Black resigned. "We hope to have a coach by spring practice."
Its still not spring practice yet.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag.<br />
The AD is in jail, but please keep this civil. The "victim" is 23 years old, and from what ive heard has some problems mentally. Im not saying Mike is innocent, but lets hold our breaths until something comes out of the situation.<br />
Coach is many things, but as many of you know, even you Wburg faithful, Coach is a really good guy, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this isn't a fairy tale story. Ive known Coach for 20 years and played for him under 4 and a rapist is something I don't see coach being. I know almost all family and friends of rapist probably say the same thing, but this is a good man. If he admits fault, ill be the first to eat crow and admit I was wrong, but lets see how it all plays out.<br />
As for the coaching search, its the same thing they said when Black resigned. "We hope to have a coach by spring practice."<br />
<br />
<br />

There is really no point in it being a part of this discussion since he is not going to be a part of the hiring process now anyway. We don't know what really happened, so hopefully the truth comes out, whatever it may be.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well, I guess the cat is out of the bag.
The AD is in jail, but please keep this civil. The "victim" is 23 years old, and from what ive heard has some problems mentally. Im not saying Mike is innocent, but lets hold our breaths until something comes out of the situation.
Coach is many things, but as many of you know, even you Wburg faithful, Coach is a really good guy, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this isn't a fairy tale story. Ive known Coach for 20 years and played for him under 4 and a rapist is something I don't see coach being. I know almost all family and friends of rapist probably say the same thing, but this is a good man. If he admits fault, ill be the first to eat crow and admit I was wrong, but lets see how it all plays out.
As for the coaching search, its the same thing they said when Black resigned. "We hope to have a coach by spring practice."

I've known Coach for 30 years, Worked Camps and Coached against him. We have kept in contact for a long time and no way will I believe he is a rapist. He is a Good Man. Hope and Pray things work out for him.:Thumbs:
I still say hire Bobby Gibbs and get him some help. Coach Gibbs is a fine coach and a better man. :Shaking:
  •  Previous
  • 49(current)
  • Next