•  Previous
  • 50(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
Fooseball Devil Wrote:I still say hire Bobby Gibbs and get him some help. Coach Gibbs is a fine coach and a better man. :Shaking:

Should have been done weeks ago.
Yogibear Wrote:Should have been done weeks ago.

Why haven't they just hired Gibbs? Does he want the job?

Maybe they think they can bring in a big name for the job. That may have been the case back in December, but I think their chances at a home run hire are dwindling with each day that passes.

Of course, there are people out there who are home run hires, but haven't been given their shot yet. Gibbs may be just that. These guys who are legends - Dudley Hilton, Phillip Haywood, Tom Larkey - all started somewhere.
TriCountySports Wrote:Why haven't they just hired Gibbs? Does he want the job?

Maybe they think they can bring in a big name for the job. That may have been the case back in December, but I think their chances at a home run hire are dwindling with each day that passes.

Of course, there are people out there who are home run hires, but haven't been given their shot yet. Gibbs may be just that. These guys who are legends - Dudley Hilton, Phillip Haywood, Tom Larkey - all started somewhere.

getting hot TriCountySports...Confusedhh:
I know Ray Graham was in Williamsburg today, and talked with Super.
The hiring of a coach in Whitley Co. has been long overdue. I have read a lot of posts, probably too many in this thread, but a solid hire needs to be made. I can recall some schools that end up hiring and firing the same guy within a year. That only sets a program back further, but in order to try and turn the corner the Colonels need to hire someone that will be there for the long haul.
Cellking Wrote:I know Ray Graham was in Williamsburg today, and talked with Super.

Ray Graham is 60 years old and had a losing record at LCA including going 1-10 last season?
pjdoug Wrote:Ray Graham is 60 years old and had a losing record at LCA including going 1-10 last season?

No offense to Graham, but he seems past his prime. I would say he's applied for a few jobs across the state and know he's interviewed for at least one that he was passed on. On another note, if the administration keeps up with this fiasco, the job will not appeal to anyone worthy of it.
I just think Whitley should offer Frazier what ever it takes to get him and be finished with it.
Spoke with a buddy that said Coach Graham was interviewed. Also heard they are interviewing the next three days.
Graham is a good coach and has seemed to know what he is doing in the past with some pretty good success. He would be an excellent hire in collusion with some young upcoming coach who could benefit from his experience while learning his system. If he becomes available, it would be smart to take a good look at him while also trying to get the next generation of coaches developed to make sure that a plan is in place for when he retires...or moves on. The man has developed a reputation for not letting the paint dry before he moves on to his next job. I don't know what happened at LCA with him this past year, but, from what I've seen of him, he is pretty knowledgable about the game and he knows how to motivate kids.
If your going to hire Graham, it's really no better hire than Black. Everyone overestimated how good of a job this was. Firing Jim Black will haunt Whitley for years. Write it down.
Will hire this week!
Announcement Friday
papagrit Wrote:Graham is a good coach and has seemed to know what he is doing in the past with some pretty good success. He would be an excellent hire in collusion with some young upcoming coach who could benefit from his experience while learning his system. If he becomes available, it would be smart to take a good look at him while also trying to get the next generation of coaches developed to make sure that a plan is in place for when he retires...or moves on. The man has developed a reputation for not letting the paint dry before he moves on to his next job. I don't know what happened at LCA with him this past year, but, from what I've seen of him, he is pretty knowledgable about the game and he knows how to motivate kids.

doesn't seem like he has been doing too much motivating over the past several years.
redstorm Wrote:Will hire this week!
Announcement Friday

hire who?Smile
johnnyd Wrote:If your going to hire Graham, it's really no better hire than Black. Everyone overestimated how good of a job this was. Firing Jim Black will haunt Whitley for years. Write it down.

I would choose Black over him.it could be a very good job. I doubt it will haunt them for years.
redstorm Wrote:Will hire this week!
Announcement Friday

I doubt that to early....:poker face:
Redstorm is probably right.
I think Whitley will make there choice after this set of interviews.
The difference in this set of interviews is its guy who WANT the job. These aren't guys that Whitley has went out and suited. I think out of the interviews this week, they will make there selection. I also think it will be a good one.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Redstorm is probably right.
The difference in this set of interviews is its guy who WANT the job. These aren't guys that Whitley has went out and suited. I think out of the interviews this week, they will make there selection. I also think it will be a good one.

what is your definition of good one? Smile
pjdoug Wrote:what is your definition of good one? Smile

Somebody that wins ball games :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Somebody that wins ball games :biggrin:

Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Redstorm is probably right.

Of course these guys want a job. This late in the year they are just as desperate to have a job for next year as Whitley is to hire. So as far as them wanting to be here you are right. So there was a done deal, a no deal and then a posting on craigslistt?

I hope bobby Gibbs was one of those interviews.
David Mitchell should get an interview!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Somebody that wins ball games :biggrin:

Good coaches win ball games. Great coaches win championships. Some people are satisfied with good coaches.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Of course these guys want a job. This late in the year they are just as desperate to have a job for next year as Whitley is to hire. So as far as them wanting to be here you are right. So there was a done deal, a no deal and then a posting on craigslistt?

I hope bobby Gibbs was one of those interviews.

Whitley County said by spring to begin with.they are not desperate. You are desperate for them to hire a mediocre coach.
King Leonidas Wrote:David Mitchell should get an interview!

no he shouldn't
David Mitchell won more with Less talent than anyone around!
What are some names out there?
Does Whitley have good feeder program
Does bingo support all sports or jsut football
Im # 1500
  •  Previous
  • 50(current)
  • Next