•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
well said jw4914
Full deck Wrote:Yeah Belfry will never win or go to a state title game running the ball in todays game.

I didnt know Belfry had moved up to 5A football in the last 24 hours?!?!?
FormerJacket72 Wrote:At this point I don't think Whitley fans should be so cemented what offense the new coach will bring to the team, if you don't have the numbers out to play it doesn't matter.

Finally, I agree. They hould hire whoever puts this as priority number one.
ballboy Wrote:Jason Chappell former Perry Central and South Laurel coach and Offensive Cordinator at Middlesboro.

:hilarious:

Nope
TopCat Wrote:How many Freshman and Soph's did Whitley have on the team this year? Winning cures part of the numbers problem.

The KHSAA website shows 13 freshman, 10 sophomores and 13 juniors.

Here are some numbers to compare on the freshman through junior classes:

Williamsburg (1A) - 32 returning next year
Corbin (3A) - 58 returning
Knox Central (4A) - 51 returning
Harlan Co. (5A) - 53 returning
Whitley Co. (5A) - 36 returning
They wish they had 36 returning.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The KHSAA website shows 13 freshman, 10 sophomores and 13 juniors.

I understand rosters are what they are but Harlan co only dressed 48 at Whitley and it was their entire team. KC only dressed 44 at the Whitley game.
These rosters are turned in July or early August.
SEKYFAN Wrote:The KHSAA website shows 13 freshman, 10 sophomores and 13 juniors.

Sometimes you have to discern between players and bodies!!. I would think Whitley should have around 65 PLAYERS.
footballfever Wrote:I understand rosters are what they are but Harlan co only dressed 48 at Whitley and it was their entire team. KC only dressed 44 at the Whitley game.
These rosters are turned in July or early August.

Very true. Coaches vary on that. Some coaches will keep kids on team they know will never get on the field, while others preffer to streamline numbers so they can focus on the PLAYERS. Numbers can be misleading.

I can remember seeing Highlands play in the old Louisville fairgrounds with only about 25-30 kids. But those few where tough as nails and very well coached. They got tons of reps in practice and very little time wasted. Now that is extreme but numbers don't necessarily mean PLAYERS!
Whitley should just try and get 65 BODIES first.
William Muney Wrote:Sometimes you have to discern between players and bodies!!. I would think Whitley should have around 65 PLAYERS.

I have seen some of those freshman & sophomore "bodies" turn into players by their sr. year.
William Muney Wrote:Very true. Coaches vary on that. Some coaches will keep kids on team they know will never get on the field, while others preffer to streamline numbers so they can focus on the PLAYERS. Numbers can be misleading.

I can remember seeing Highlands play in the old Louisville fairgrounds with only about 25-30 kids. But those few where tough as nails and very well coached. They got tons of reps in practice and very little time wasted. Now that is extreme but numbers don't necessarily mean PLAYERS!

Highlands has 90+ on their roster now.
That's my point. The more numbers you have the more likely you can develop players. Cannot develop what you don't have. I am not sure Whitley will ever have 75+ every year but they could be successful with around 55-60.
the worst player on Highlands team can probably start for any mountain school
Full deck Wrote:the worst player on Highlands team can probably start for any mountain school

Would be on the bench in williamsburg Full deck Confusednicker:
Full deck Wrote:the worst player on Highlands team can probably start for any mountain school

If you really believe that you need to change your name to "Not Playing With A Full Deck".

So the worst player on Highlands team could take say.........

Chase Hall - Pikeville
Justin Johnson or any RB - Belfry
Mac Justice - Pike Central
Jarred Jarrell - Prestonsburg
Dylan Hamilton - Betsy Layne
Carson Whitehead - Harlan County
Chris Hudson - Hazard
Dalton Sizemore - Williamsburg
A J Cyrus - Lawrence County
Any RB - Johnson Central

I am getting tired naming players.

Your comment was :lame:
^^
I liked 64SUR's comment better than your's!!
Wink
Coach Herron from williamsburg?
I never said he would be the best player on the team, but be able to start somewhere. you all listed a all star team, I never said he would be the star, but only a starter somewhere.
No my deck isnt full sometimes either.
Full deck Wrote:I never said he would be the best player on the team, but be able to start somewhere. you all listed a all star team, I never said he would be the star, but only a starter somewhere.
No my deck isnt full sometimes either.

Hazard could use this none starter come nexts friday night in williamsburg Confusederiously:
^64sur you crack me up.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:^64sur you crack me up.

1# Blackcat Fan if williamsburg don't win nexts week i will be accussed being on crack :truestory:
^^
:lmao::lmao:
64SUR Wrote:1# Blackcat Fan if williamsburg don't win nexts week i will be accussed being on crack :truestory:

You mean your not on it now? :goofy:

Confusednicker:
Gut is keeping this so secret; I'm betting it's someone we all know and love....

Whitley County's new football coach - 64SUR!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:
I "shor" hope notSmile
64SUR Wrote:I want to take this time an turn the job down.I will keep my Monday morning coaching job :thanks:

Need to remind everybody keeping my Monday morning QB JOB :Sad04:
The more I read the more I believe Gut is just running a game on all of us. He wants you to believe he is not connected to the decision makers, but he is actually part of the process. He gets satisfaction by feeling important as people grovel at his feet begging for the tiniest scraps of his inside wisdom.
I would like to see them go after Justin PriceSmile
FormerJacket72 Wrote:The more I read the more I believe Gut is just running a game on all of us. He wants you to believe he is not connected to the decision makers, but he is actually part of the process. He gets satisfaction by feeling important as people grovel at his feet begging for the tiniest scraps of his inside wisdom.

Your dead on. You dont understand the joy i get out of it.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next