•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
and which coach would that be? lol
Dale Mueller?Smile
^
He wanted it, but we turned him down.
I would not be surprised to see a former coach who has been out of coaching a year or two or a young assistant from a winning program. Geographical location mean nothing, except for the fact he will have to get used to Whitley kids who are true County Boys.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I believe pjdoug has won that argument.
Your comeback was something to do with Lynn Camp of all places?

:lame:

You'll get better with time i suppose.
A 100 years wasnt enough. 200 should do the trick.

Gut you have as many posts as anyone and you are still clueless. You have not got better with time. Your mighty Colonels stunk the place up. You switched to the Hounds and they took 3 beatings. Your perception is far off base. Pick your team for next year Hounds or Colonels. Williamsburg will have more wins. As quick as you turned on Jim Black we know you have no character or loyalty.
E's Army Wrote:Gut you have as many posts as anyone and you are still clueless. You have not got better with time. Your mighty Colonels stunk the place up. You switched to the Hounds and they took 3 beatings. Your perception is far off base. Pick your team for next year Hounds or Colonels. Williamsburg will have more wins. As quick as you turned on Jim Black we know you have no character or loyalty.

:biglmao:

I never "switched" to the Hounds.
Corbin was winning, and i was congratualating them on that. Is there something wrong with supporting another team? As far as Corbin itself goes, your looking at the furthest thing from a fan that school has ever had. Just because I pick a team to win a ballgame doesnt mean i care for them. I picked MS to beat Harlan County last week, and it doesnt make me a MS fan. It just meant i made the right pick.

As for Whitley, I expressed my constant dismay for the job being done. It was obvious who the blame relied on when you can barely field enough varsity players to play the game. That issue was resolved, and believe me when i say, if things go the way i hope they do, I will be the new coaches biggest fan.

As for Wburg, nothing personal, but the town itself makes me want to drive off a cliff. And we'll leave it at that. Goodluck with Hazard. I hope you finally win one.
compare your schedule to Whitley's then brag a little more
We are proud Whitley might be able to do well playing a 1A schedule. Whitley played down in class 5 games. Whitley is larger than Letcher Central and Perry Central and maybe Harlan County with their enrollment dropping. They scheduled one non district game where their opponent had a larger enrollment. Williamsburg scheduled up 5 games. They are the smallest school in their district. The only team they scheduled with a smaller enrollment was Pineville who has a very similar enrollment.
Any news on when Dudley Hilton will let them know if he is interested. Word on street is his son may be finished with football due to hand injury and his wanting to become a doctor. So it may be true.
None of this is meant to bash Whitley. Only in response to foolishness from a couple of posters. I hope Whitley is able to hire Dudley. He can take his and beat yours and take yours and beat his. I understand there is ongoing conversations with Dudley. Gut was spot on here. He has mislead since because that is his nature and he enjoys teasing us. Whitley is an electric place on Friday nights when they are playing well and I hope that happens next year. I also hope that Cody Jones is brought in as an assistant under who ever they hire. He will be a big plus with his playing experience.
I wish Gut had been around when Mile Campbell stepped aside because I have a feeling he is the same person who turned on Campbell and was was Pro-Gentry.
E's Army Wrote:None of this is meant to bash Whitley. Only in response to foolishness from a couple of posters. I hope Whitley is able to hire Dudley. He can take his and beat yours and take yours and beat his. I understand there is ongoing conversations with Dudley. Gut was spot on here. He has mislead since because that is his nature and he enjoys teasing us. Whitley is an electric place on Friday nights when they are playing well and I hope that happens next year. I also hope that Cody Jones is brought in as an assistant under who ever they hire. He will be a big plus with his playing experience.

:Thumbs:
E's Army Wrote:We are proud Whitley might be able to do well playing a 1A schedule. Whitley played down in class 5 games. Whitley is larger than Letcher Central and Perry Central and maybe Harlan County with their enrollment dropping. They scheduled one non district game where their opponent had a larger enrollment. Williamsburg scheduled up 5 games. They are the smallest school in their district. The only team they scheduled with a smaller enrollment was Pineville who has a very similar enrollment.

For Whitley to play up in class, they would have to travel, and travel a long way.
You act like Whitley was playing down against lesser competetion, when thats just not the case.
Bell, Boyle, Rock, and Knox are usually very good teams. Three of them a 4A. Thats not a big drop, and if you count Clay, pretty much Whitley plays 4A teams all year, and there nothing wrong with that. Whitley also played Madison Southern and Morristown West, who are of similar size.

All these are very good teams usually. Its like me saying Wburg is playing up, but there playing teams who arent very good versus Whitley playing down against teams that are really good.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:I wish Gut had been around when Mile Campbell stepped aside because I have a feeling he is the same person who turned on Campbell and was was Pro-Gentry.

I was definitely pro-campbell even though the game had passed him up in certain ways.

F Roger Gentry.
Complete failure in life.
Wow a little touchy on the situation huh GUT.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:Wow a little touchy on the situation huh GUT.

As is everyone in Whitley County.

You dont take a job, make a commitment to kids, get spring ball going with them, and then a few weeks before the season, quit on them. The guy should have never taken the job if he was going to leave.

Its fine though, to be honest, im not sure he would have succeeded in any way.
Pretty sure some folks kept him around just for the election purposes. You know what I mean.��
is Dudley in town?
I agree with Gut on Gentry. His leaving was a blessing in the long run. He would have been a disaster off the field.
So for all those that thought he was such a great hire when they hired Gentry now
Look back and call him a POS? C'mon that's not what you guys were singing when it happened. Just like everyone on he going black the grief. I have news for you Whitley fans...the future is not looking so good no matter what overpriced coach you get. Hard to coach no talent. Sure you have some players that can play but there are no in betweeners.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:So for all those that thought he was such a great hire when they hired Gentry now
Look back and call him a POS? C'mon that's not what you guys were singing when it happened. Just like everyone on he going black the grief. I have news for you Whitley fans...the future is not looking so good no matter what overpriced coach you get. Hard to coach no talent. Sure you have some players that can play but there are no in betweeners.

I liked Coach Gentry and his family. I think most people were disappointed that he took job, did spring ball then left. To say he didn't know the game is not true or to say he wouldn't have been successful we will never know.
I would venture to guess you probably have not seen Whitley varsity, jv, fresh or middle school play any or no where enough to judge their up coming talent.
I certainly hope the Jackets pull out a regional championship this year and next and have an opportunity to compete for a state championship. But, you as a Jacket fan should probably think about whats going to happen after next year when you graduate about 19-22 starters.
Talent comes and goes especially in small schools and county schools.
I don't know who will get the Whitley job but at this point I DO know who's job it is if they choose to take it.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:So for all those that thought he was such a great hire when they hired Gentry now

I never liked the choice.
FormerJacket72,I detect a little jealousy. Why do you care who Whitley hires? worried?
Someone mentioned the Jones kid, I think that would be a great hire, as an assistant. He will need a few seasons to learn and grow as a coach. He would need a mentor to show him the finer points of coaching. If he is in the county football plans, then you can eliminate a younger coach, and focus on an older coach with a limited shelf life.
Curly Wrote:Someone mentioned the Jones kid, I think that would be a great hire, as an assistant. He will need a few seasons to learn and grow as a coach. He would need a mentor to show him the finer points of coaching. If he is in the county football plans, then you can eliminate a younger coach, and focus on an older coach with a limited shelf life.

Ill put it this way...

I think a lot of people are grateful for his time spent here, and especially what that team done in 08 but hes not exactly popular once you get out of the press box. Of course, he hasnt been around for 4 or 5 years now, but to say the ego was a little high was an understatement. We want a coach who can get kids out to play the game. That has to happen before anything else can, and we need coaches with good personalities and who can relate to them or show them how hes already won before.
footballfever Wrote:I liked Coach Gentry and his family. I think most people were disappointed that he took job, did spring ball then left. To say he didn't know the game is not true or to say he wouldn't have been successful we will never know.
I would venture to guess you probably have not seen Whitley varsity, jv, fresh or middle school play any or no where enough to judge their up coming talent.
I certainly hope the Jackets pull out a regional championship this year and next and have an opportunity to compete for a state championship. But, you as a Jacket fan should probably think about whats going to happen after next year when you graduate about 19-22 starters.
Talent comes and goes especially in small schools and county schools.
I don't know who will get the Whitley job but at this point I DO know who's job it is if they choose to take it.

I was more mad about losing his daughter on the softball team.
Best pitcher ive ever seen that young.
Had the best softball change up ive ever witnessed.
Im not guaranteeing anything, but had they stayed, I think Whitley would of had one or two region championships while she was in high school. Hell of a fastball too as an 8th grader.
Jones kid is a hard worker and has matured quite a bit since being a high school senior. Very good student of the game. Would be a huge plus. The Gentry girl could bring the softball. My concerns with Gentry were not on the field.
E's Army Wrote:Jones kid is a hard worker and has matured quite a bit since being a high school senior. Very good student of the game. Would be a huge plus. The Gentry girl could bring the softball. My concerns with Gentry were not on the field.

Im not a high school softball guru, but ive never seen a pitcher pitch a softball like that. I bet she done great things in GA. Havent really looked or heard since.

As for off the field, YUP.
Who cares about gentry. I was just stating that no matter who Whitley decides to hire no one will be happy. As for what talent is coming up in the near future...well most of the athletes will only be ALLOWED to play basketball. You know what I mean. I want Whitley to be successful I really do. I don't care who they hire as long as it has the kids interest first and foremost.

I disagree with you. I have seen the middle school and the freshmen play nad they have some athletes. Those kids are only going to get better and with the right person in place, they could be really good. But, everyone can't be 3 time all americans, huh?
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next