•  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
bear claw Wrote:What do you mean by good luck Mike?

I hope he is wrong Smile
bear claw Wrote:What do you mean by good luck Mike?

Mike Tomlin
No harm intended, but this entire thread is :eyeroll: bizarre. It surely deserves an ESPY Confusedinglepar. The thread includes great one-liners, eye gouges, comebacks,:ChairHit:, and you name it. :igiveup: Will it ever end.
jlow Wrote:No harm intended, but this entire thread is :eyeroll: bizarre. It surely deserves an ESPY Confusedinglepar. The thread includes great one-liners, eye gouges, comebacks,:ChairHit:, and you name it. :igiveup: Will it ever end.

lol Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Mike Tomlin

surely not Smile
Mike campbell done deal this week. Will be a good one
Makes sense. They will keep the current assistants in place b/c it was going to be difficult to bring in new asst. for a new head coach.
Mike Campbell will not be the head coach.

Coach Campbell had a great run in his day but it is time to move on from this rumor.

I hope that the Colonels will have a coach in place by Jan. 15th....if not then it will be dicey to get one from the small pool of decent coaches around.

Gosh amighty, not hearing anything around town, guess the break has everyones mind on other things.
I agree this thread has had it all but I hope it doesn't end anytime soon. I am enjoying GUT having to sweat!!!!
I really do not think they had a backup plan for when Dudley turn them down. Now they are in disarray.
Nothing to hear. Still waiting on Coach Hilton. dododododododo dododododododo, dutdutdutdutdutdutdut.
Good thing Jeopardy doesn't give em this much time. :HitWall:
Curly Wrote:Mike Campbell will not be the head coach.

Coach Campbell had a great run in his day but it is time to move on from this rumor.

I hope that the Colonels will have a coach in place by Jan. 15th....if not then it will be dicey to get one from the small pool of decent coaches around.

Gosh amighty, not hearing anything around town, guess the break has everyones mind on other things.

I hope you're right
William Muney Wrote:Makes sense. They will keep the current assistants in place b/c it was going to be difficult to bring in new asst. for a new head coach.

they need a a whole staff
pjdoug Wrote:they need a a whole staff

The staff they have are very good coaches. But a head coach and 4 assistants isn't enough. The fresh coach was also Assistant Principal so his time was greatly compromised.
There will need to be Head Coach, 5 assistants and 2 Fresh coaches.
footballfever Wrote:The staff they have are very good coaches. But a head coach and 4 assistants isn't enough. The fresh coach was also Assistant Principal so his time was greatly compromised.

I would think that would be a good start, I'm sure they could get some former players at UC who have work study and want to be involved, do some of the grunt work while learning the game.

The most important positions to fill may be the fresh positions, that is the key to keeping kids interested.
Hopefully they can keep Darrell Woods. He has a very good football mind.
Mike Campbell Darrell Woods Gibbs DREAM TEAM
Well now that the NFL has five spots available it's looking like Dudley may go to Washington and either Schwartz, Schiano, Frazier, Chudzinski or Shanahan will be the new coach.
footballfever Wrote:The staff they have are very good coaches. But a head coach and 4 assistants isn't enough. The fresh coach was also Assistant Principal so his time was greatly compromised.

yeah,thats what I meant.they dont have enough coaches
topnotch Wrote:Mike Campbell Darrell Woods Gibbs DREAM TEAM

your dream maybe
pjdoug Wrote:your dream maybe

Campbell was a good coach but hasn't coached since 05. Woods threw the ball around for a few years at Wburg and helped coach Whitley 8th grade in 11 and fresh team in 12 but didn't coach this year 13.
Gibbs is an excellent coach and person. Anyone who knows anything about football would want him on their staff.
footballfever Wrote:Campbell was a good coach but hasn't coached since 05. Woods threw the ball around for a few years at Wburg and helped coach Whitley 8th grade in 11 and fresh team in 12 but didn't coach this year 13.
Gibbs is an excellent coach and person. Anyone who knows anything about football would want him on their staff.

I would take Woods and Gibbs right now, both guys would bring a lot to the table and would ones offensive philosophy would compliment the other very well.

Campbell, in his prime, was one of the best and most motivated coaches around. Not taking anything away from him but his focus is else where these days being the AD, overseeing all sports in the system.

As interesting as this would be, it is still not on topic of who will really be the coach.
Hey GUT how about that guy that coaches the ravens!!! He can't beat the bengals but he might help Whitley win at least 4 games next year!!!! :Cheerlead
Confusedinglepar :HitWall:

:moon:
Weigh room is empty Gut...Somebody step forward. :HitWall:
panther nation Wrote:Hey GUT how about that guy that coaches the ravens!!! He can't beat the bengals but he might help Whitley win at least 4 games next year!!!! :Cheerlead

KC has never won a Regional Championship, don' think a district championship and I'm sure has a losing record against Whitley. Yet you want to try and make fun because you won this year against a team that had a bad year at 1-10!!!:Cheerlead:eyeroll: And I believe that guy from the Ravens won a kinda big game last year....THE SUPER BOWL
And to be honest if WC does not have 5 turnovers, and a few questionable calls the Colonels win that game......
panther nation Wrote:Hey GUT how about that guy that coaches the ravens!!! He can't beat the bengals but he might help Whitley win at least 4 games next year!!!! :Cheerlead

:lame: :gtfo:
pjdoug Wrote:yeah,thats what I meant.they dont have enough coaches

This is just a rumor but, Dave Bryant and Steve Watson have been ask to move up to Freshman coaches and you got to admit it makes sense. Mike Campbell will know all his assistants, and they match up pretty good, Dave Bryant, Steve Watson, Gibbs, Woods. I think that would be an excellent staff.
footballfever Wrote:I believe that guy from the Ravens won a kinda big game last year....THE SUPER BOWL

That's why Whitley might win a few more game if they could get a coach that good....:biglmao: Whitley will never be any better until they get out of the good ole boy program and bring in some new blood.:betterthanexpected:
panther nation Wrote:That's why Whitley might win a few more game if they could get a coach that good....:biglmao: Whitley will never be any better until they get out of the good ole boy program and bring in some new blood.:betterthanexpected:

I agree they need new blood but a panther bashing and giving advice is laughable
  •  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next