•  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
I forgot under that bubble in Williamsburg it is much warmer due to all the hot air being trapped.
OldJacket Wrote:I think it's warmer in Williamsburg, WCHS and Corbin are cold miserable places to go to school...:flame:
This thread has run its course...

can you blow a tater sack up?
pjdoug Wrote:can you blow a tater sack up?

No but I am pretty sure this thread is starting to contribute to global warming...
OldJacket Wrote:No but I am pretty sure this thread is starting to contribute to global warming...

is Dudley reading this?
pjdoug Wrote:is Dudley reading this?

He's in Florida right now so I'd say he's not to worried about how great Williamsburg program is now because they won their 1st regional title in school history.
Its a FEW fans at every school that leave bad feeling in people.
Corbin played in a state champ game in 02. Haven't since but have won a few regionals. They have 70ish players on their team now but Coach Jewell can't coach.
Whitley won a regional in 08, They lost some very good players to graduation is 12 and had several key players go down with injuries this year go 1-10and Coach black loses his job because he can't coach. He was successful at Wburg, realized at Whitley he had to change to a new system and did. How many other coaches refuse to change?
Now a FEW Wburg fans think since they had a group of kids hold back a year add several players to that group and make it to BG that no one else can play, coach or have clue about whats going on. Even the funniest thing is the FEW act as though the past, present and future is all about you.
I can assure you 1 thing, the time for honoring yourself will come to an end!!!!

Whitley has an excellent feeder system and school system as does Wburg and Corbin. Whitley will be fine no matter who is hired.
It's just always a FEW fans.:rockon:
Dudley does not worry about other teams.....Dudley does not worry about other schools....Dudley worries about what his staff and his team are doing to get better.

IF he is truly considering taking the Whitley job, and I have no reason to think that he is not considering it, you would have to think that HE sees something worth coming to a team that was 1-10 last season. The interesting thing about this coach is that he can turn around even the most lowly program (see Bourban County). I am not saying he will win a state championship but I bet if you ask him HE will think that HE can win.
Well I guess I'm gonna have to get it fired up a little. Make no mistake....Williamsburg would have beat Whitley easily most of the last few years. Probably tough to swallow for such an extremely great place to coach (obviously much better than Harlan County) but it is what it is. I just have one question...where does the Whitley crew go eat after each ass whooping they take...lolConfusednicker:
Bear_Paw Wrote:Well I guess I'm gonna have to get it fired up a little. Make no mistake....Williamsburg would have beat Whitley easily most of the last few years. Probably tough to swallow for such an extremely great place to coach (obviously much better than Harlan County) but it is what it is. I just have one question...where does the Whitley crew go eat after each ass whooping they take...lolConfusednicker:

wishful thinking. maybe I'll argue with you later when I thaw out Confusednicker:
Ain't no thawing out from the cold truth...lol :popcorn:
Bear_Paw Wrote:Ain't no thawing out from the cold truth...lol :popcorn:

truth ain't in ye
Bear_Paw Wrote:Well I guess I'm gonna have to get it fired up a little. Make no mistake....Williamsburg would have beat Whitley easily most of the last few years. Probably tough to swallow for such an extremely great place to coach (obviously much better than Harlan County) but it is what it is. I just have one question...where does the Whitley crew go eat after each ass whooping they take...lolConfusednicker:

I may agree about this year especially after all the Whitley injuries but in a 4 quarter scrimmage Whitely beat Hazard by 2 TD's this year.. That's not a very very very very very anorexic amount to go on. But it's better that your opinion.
As I said earlier always a few fans. The time for honoring yourself will also come to an end. Mark it down, next year, 2 years, 5 years.
If I'm lying...y'all starving. We both know you takin the beatings...lol.
Bear_Paw Wrote:If I'm lying...y'all starving. We both know you takin the beatings...lol.

You got me Paw...:igiveup:
footballfever Wrote:I may agree about this year especially after all the Whitley injuries but in a 4 quarter scrimmage Whitely beat Hazard by 2 TD's this year.. That's not a very very very very very anorexic amount to go on. But it's better that your opinion.
As I said earlier always a few fans. The time for honoring yourself will also come to an end. Mark it down, next year, 2 years, 5 years.

1) You talking scrimmages....come on man!
2) Always a few fans...you're acting like I post in an oblivious state of mind. Go back and check my post, I did get a little punch drunk about HC 2013, and I admit that. For the most part I keep it real.
3) 2, 5, 8 years...maybe. But you gonna have to get us 2-3 times before you start talking that stuff...
footballfever Wrote:I may agree about this year especially after all the Whitley injuries but in a 4 quarter scrimmage Whitely beat Hazard by 2 TD's this year.. That's not a very very very very very anorexic amount to go on. But it's better that your opinion.

1A hazard got better after the scrimmage.The time for honor is to play this season 2014....not next year.2 years.5 years this year.GO WILLIAMSBURG. :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Gosh-A-Mighty what a thin skin....what was said to fire you up? Did I say something nagative about HC?? I was speaking about Whitley and why a coach might be interested. Why should Whitley even be concerned with Williamsburg, they don't play in the same district or region or even class for that matter. Whitley needs to be concerned (puff out your chest here) Harlan County, only because they won the district not because they made it to the region or anything like that, Pulaski Co, and Madision Southern, and as far as that goes Harlan County should be concerned that they got beat by a team they thought they would cruise over, where did you eat your crow at by the way, I know there are only like three places to eat in Harlan. Whitley has some work to do, and it appears that you are like Chicken Little whistling by the cemetery afraid that the big bad Colonels might hire a good coach and upset your apple cart. Settle down, friend, it's along way till football season and if you are fired up now, how will you handle the stress of a football season?
64SUR Wrote:1A hazard got better after the scrimmage.The time for honor is to play this season 2014....not next year.2 years.5 years this year.GO WILLIAMSBURG. :Cheerlead :Cheerlead :Cheerlead

Then play..............I don't schedule the games. You run your pie hole like we have some say in who plays and when.
I know Whitley schedule is full AGAIN this year. I here Johnson Central or North Laurel have open dates.
I guarantee if Williamsburg would play Mike Campbell would jump at the chance.He may have to pay a forfeit fee but the gate would make up for it.
So' just go tell Coach Herron to give him a call. I'm sure he's a good friend of yours and listens to all you have to say.
^ dudes got 21 post and 6 likes and thinks I'm talking to him...lol. Partner you not even posted enough for me to consider your position. Keep whacking Jr., you'll get noticed sooner or later...lol.
footballfever Wrote:Then play..............I don't schedule the games. You run your pie hole like we have some say in who plays and when.
I know Whitley schedule is full AGAIN this year. I here Johnson Central or North Laurel have open dates.
I guarantee if Williamsburg would play Mike Campbell would jump at the chance.He may have to pay a forfeit fee but the gate would make up for it.
So' just go tell Coach Herron to give him a call. I'm sure he's a good friend of yours and listens to all you have to say.

Dude...take a chill pill...just having a little fun. :biglmao: pie hole
64SUR Wrote:Dude...take a chill pill...just having a little fun. :biglmao: pie hole

Me too:biglmao:
I say 64sur will be the next head coach at Whitley Co.
footballfever Wrote:Then play..............I don't schedule the games. You run your pie hole like we have some say in who plays and when.

If there's one thing Campbell will do, its schedule a game with anybody.
He tried to get the Corbin/Whitley game going repeatedly to no avail.

I think he finally gave up around 03 or 04 when I heard the phrase, "if they want to play, tell them to call us. Im up for whipping some puppy dog ..."

Confusednicker:
What up??

You lose ANOTHER avatar bet???

Confusednicker:
This has been a long hiring process. We were informed Coach Black was being forced out in October. Someone needs to be hired to give the kids something to be excited about. They have good people working with the players but they need the excitement of having the new boss in place.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If there's one thing Campbell will do, its schedule a game with anybody.
He tried to get the Corbin/Whitley game going repeatedly to no avail.

I think he finally gave up around 03 or 04 when I heard the phrase, "if they want to play, tell them to call us. Im up for whipping some puppy dog ..."

Confusednicker:

What Campbell stated at the WC football banquet back in approximately 2005, right after he had the "run in" with the law on the Corbin Bypass, is also major factor in the game not being scheduled. Either Campbell or Jewell will have to be gone for this series to start, that is unless someone higher up at Corbin forces it, which is not really a priority of his at this time.
Classes start Monday at UPike so I would have to think Coach Hilton would have to inform all involved of his decision next week. However, I have said that before! :insane:
SEKYFAN Wrote:What Campbell stated at the WC football banquet back in approximately 2005, right after he had the "run in" with the law on the Corbin Bypass, is also major factor in the game not being scheduled. Either Campbell or Jewell will have to be gone for this series to start, that is unless someone higher up at Corbin forces it, which is not really a priority of his at this time.

Just Jewell.
Campbell himself was the one that gave you all the opportunity for Whitley to come to Corbin to play 3 games (2 against Corbin/1 against another) for ONE game at Whitley and Jewell wouldn't do it.
I think its safe to say, Campbell is not the problem.

A Whitley/Corbin game wont happen until Jewell is gone. Fact.
Granny Bear Wrote:What up??

You lose ANOTHER avatar bet???

Confusednicker:

No, I love Tom Brady. :yum:
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?Smile
pjdoug Wrote:Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?Smile

That'd be a good topic for someone to start a thread on.... :eyeroll:
  •  Previous
  • 29(current)
  • Next