•  Previous
  • 37(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
I would not worry about a time period in this process. I like to see a school like Whitley swing for the fences with their coaching hire. I know fans and kids probably want to know, but I am sure they will make a hire by spring ball time. If they do get a established coach like Dudley, it would be worth it.
pjdoug Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/x8.../Black-out

According to a statement in a press release from the Whitley County School District, Whitley County High School Principal Alan Sweet said Alan Ysidro will serve as interim head coach until the position is filled.

“We will begin our search immediately with the goal of hiring the best possible individual available,” Sweet said. “If at all possible, we would like to have someone on board in time for spring practice.”

Thanks friend. Im not sure why people thought I was lying about that.
I guess that pretty much confirmed what I said.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Thanks friend. Im not sure why people thought I was lying about that.
I guess that pretty much confirmed what I said.

I think they are worried that Whitley is going to hire a great coach :biglmao:
Playfast Wrote:I would not worry about a time period in this process. I like to see a school like Whitley swing for the fences with their coaching hire. I know fans and kids probably want to know, but I am sure they will make a hire by spring ball time. If they do get a established coach like Dudley, it would be worth it.

they are rounding third and headed for home :popcorn:
sportscritic Wrote:Can schools wait like this over and over? It can't help the weight program. I've seen it happen.

If anyone is capable of handling the weight room its Coach Al.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I said it was all BUT a done deal!!

My mistake. That is a big difference when you throw the BUT in there.
At this point it will take 80,000 views or 80,000 dollars before Dudley will come to whitley :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
Dudley is not coming to Whitley, it was offered and he has not said no, typical Dudley. Likes to keep people in Dark. Whitley better try to hire a Larry French or a Ray Graham while they are still on Market!! JMO!!!
We should know something very soon....be patient
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:I think in this situation it will pay to be patient and wait, of course I could be wrong. As far as the weight room goes, Al Ysidro is a solid guy and the other coaches are there every day with the exception of McKiddy and Bozeman who are doing wrestling and there are several football players on that team. As far as Upike goes, I am not in the business of worrying about them, but i do see your point.

It looks as though they have everything covered, so I believe you may be right in them being patient. Although if it does not work out for the best, everyone will be saying how they messed the hire up. Sometimes you have to take a risk though.:argue:
^
I think a lot is riding on this hire. More than just football.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I think a lot is riding on this hire. More than just football.

This will be an inside hire and that's not a bad thing...Give it to a young coach,,,,Just saying :argue:
Cellking Wrote:Dudley is not coming to Whitley, it was offered and he has not said no, typical Dudley. Likes to keep people in Dark. Whitley better try to hire a Larry French or a Ray Graham while they are still on Market!! JMO!!!

I would settle for Larry FrenchSmile
64SUR Wrote:This will be an inside hire and that's not a bad thing...Give it to a young coach,,,,Just saying :argue:

that would be a very bad thing :ChairHit:
You would settle for a Larry French??? He is an elite level coach right up there with Hilton but I can see you are infatuated with Dudley Hilton. Maybe you should move to pikeville and start following the bears.
FormerJacket72 Wrote:You would settle for a Larry French??? He is an elite level coach right up there with Hilton but I can see you are infatuated with Dudley Hilton. Maybe you should move to pikeville and start following the bears.

Iknow very well who Larry French is.maybe you should worry more about your bees
pjdoug Wrote:Iknow very well who Larry French is.maybe you should worry more about your bees

:yawn: :zzz: :yawn: :zzz: come on man everybody wants to help.....:popcorn:
After all of this time and anticipation, nothing but a "home run" hire will do.
Um so why did Whitley Co just post out 15 minutes ago on the list serve that they are looking for a Head Coach?
plantmanky Wrote:Um so why did Whitley Co just post out 15 minutes ago on the list serve that they are looking for a Head Coach?

Cause they got Dudleyed.
Posted it on the list serve today. So all the people who said be patient its under control, its not.
Dudley will be named new coach.
Wow!!! A lot of good coaches have been snagged up this off-season so far. Really hoped Whitley would get Dudley considering all the time they have invested after they let the previous coach go. They need to make someone, a proven coach with a great track record, an offer they can't refuse. Try to save some face.
I would think it is because Dudley said no. I don't look for this to be a home run hire now.
This just keeps getting better. Kind of like a bad accident, you know you shouldn't look but you can't help it! For the Whitley fans, good luck and hope it turns out well. It's entertaining for the rest of us, not as much for you guys.
News Bullet: UM--False Alarm Its just the Whitley needs a coach thing---Pass the Dud I mean--Roll Tide
Larry French will be announced as HC at SWHS on Monday. Whitley will put things off and lose out on all the good ones. Ray Graham did call and inquire about the job, he was told they were waiting on someone else.
You don't have to have a big name to be successful. 100 years ago when Dudley got his chance as a young coach what if every program said no? Then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Get a young energetic coach that is not from the area to come in and breathe new life into this program. It's all about the kids not about the coach.
If getting a young energetic coach was the priority, Whitley would have announced months ago. It doesn't take too long to reel in a small catch, but you got to work to land the big 'uns.
walterwhite Wrote:If getting a young energetic coach was the priority, Whitley would have announced months ago. It doesn't take too long to reel in a small catch, but you got to work to land the big 'uns.

More small fish...less big fish..:HitWall:
  •  Previous
  • 37(current)
  • Next