•  Previous
  • 40(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is going to be the new coach at Whitley?
topnotch Wrote:Jim Black in my opinion is and was the best coach they will get at Whitley, You just don't forget how to coach football. What is the problem out there? first, Coach Black was stuck in the back SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS BY SOMEONE WHO WAS WITHIN THE ADMINISTRATION WHO DOES WHAT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW . He looked like a piece of Swiss Cheese. Second ZERO as in o feeder program and what ever it was, was infested with DADDY BALL. Jim Black would be a hell of A coach for any program, Whitley county lost one of the best coaches in the mountains.

Maybe someone in the Administration has an axe to grind and does not really want the football coach to be successful.Confusedhh:
SEKYFAN Wrote:Maybe someone in the Administration has an axe to grind and does not really want the football coach to be successful.Confusedhh:

you my friend hit the nail on the head
topnotch Wrote:you my friend hit the nail on the head
Maybe someone in the Administration has an axe to grind and does not really want the football coach to be successful. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...ost1726731

With this statement alone makes Knox a better job than Whitley.
I am going to make a prediction which, is just a shot in the dark. The coach at somerset remember that.
That would be a great hire! Look at what he has done over the pst 5-6 years.
If Whitley Could get Robbie Lucas to leave Somerset that would be huge for Whitley.
Just waiting for someone to throw out a "done deal". You know where that gets you?
Cellking Wrote:If Whitley Could get Robbie Lucas to leave Somerset that would be huge for Whitley.

I TALKED TO A FRIEND WHO IS AN ADMINISTRATOR AT SOMERSET HE BELEIVES I may have something. He has nothing to do with the athletic end.
Cellking Wrote:If Whitley Could get Robbie Lucas to leave Somerset that would be huge for Whitley.

I agree.
WCHS (Jim Black)----2
SHS (Robbie Lucas)--0

You do realize that in some eyes that would be taking a step back right?

Or at the very least a lateral move.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:WCHS (Jim Black)----2
SHS (Robbie Lucas)--0

I like Black.I think we need more than just a head coach.we need to add a few quality assistants.
SHS (Robbie Lucas)--0

You got to be kidding, a step back. 1 District loss in 4 years, 5 straight Regional Championships, 1 State Final appearance. Come On Man!!!:lame:
Lucas would be a great hire.
Cellking Wrote:You got to be kidding, a step back. 1 District loss in 4 years, 5 straight Regional Championships, 1 State Final appearance. Come On Man!!!:lame:

I can't disagree with him on Black,but I think Lucas would be a good hire.he is a proven winner.
Cellking Wrote:You got to be kidding, a step back. 1 District loss in 4 years, 5 straight Regional Championships, 1 State Final appearance. Come On Man!!!:lame:

Unbelievable ceilking , they are so blind that they really can't even see. These homers think it is alright to going I-10, 3-8,6-6,7-5 and getting beat by 40+ points by two district foes. yes Whitley is very competitive with 2a schools, unfortunately they are a 5a school.
SHS (Robbie Lucas)--0

I have know clue what the 2 stand for :help::help::help:
Right now, the talk on a Boyle County forum thread has Hodge from Bourbon as their number one choice and Robbie Lucas from Somerset as their close number two choice. That is since Larry French has resigned. Somebody had better start coming up with jobs and cashola at Whitley if they want to pull in a good prospect coach because the cupboard is looking a little bare. With the talk going on, it looks like some places are trying to raid other schools and lure coaches that are currently employed.
They are saying Whitley andBlack beat Somerset and Lucas 2 times. I AGREE with Cherokee , do you really want to compare 5a and 2a. Whitley would be lucky to get a hire like Lucas.
Coach Lucas would be a great hire for Whitley. I have heard they have been in contact with a coach from Knoxville.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Coach Lucas would be a great hire for Whitley. I have heard they have been in contact with a coach from Knoxville.

what's his name? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:what's his name? Confusednicker:

Fooseball Devil Wrote:Coach Lucas would be a great hire for Whitley. I have heard they have been in contact with a coach from Knoxville.

Butch something? Hear be didn't have a very good record last year but after the Dud let down they are desperate to get. Big name.
Im with you Somerset fans on this one. I like Lucas. He seems like a no nonsense type of guy that runs a tight ship, and lets be honest here...Somerset came very close to beating Whitley twice, and Whitley has over twice as many kids to choose from.

I think Whitley needs a proven winner. Period.
Coatney
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Coatney

another good one.
Fooseball Devil Wrote:Coatney

has he been out of coaching for the last few years?
I know of at least two, maybe three coaches interviewing this week.
One is a front runner, and if everything goes well, he could be named head coach by Monday.
Fact Robbie Lucas has been talked with, Fact he will interview this week. I don't think he is out the door in Somerset yet, but I know Robbie he would not waste Whitley's time and he would not waste his time. He's not crazy like some about the hype of his name being thrown around. His record will stand alone. Good Luck to both Whitley and Robbie.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know of at least two, maybe three coaches interviewing this week.
One is a front runner, and if everything goes well, he could be named head coach by Monday.

hopefully they hire a good one from the outside. Whitley could be a powerhouse with the right hire.
Cellking Wrote:Fact Robbie Lucas has been talked with, Fact he will interview this week. I don't think he is out the door in Somerset yet, but I know Robbie he would not waste Whitley's time and he would not waste his time. He's not crazy like some about the hype of his name being thrown around. His record will stand alone. Good Luck to both Whitley and Robbie.

Robbie Lucas has been on my list of coaches that I would like to see at Whitley. I just hope they dont waste the hire on a current assistant.
You absolutely despise all of the Whitley assistant coaches. Why exactly?
  •  Previous
  • 40(current)
  • Next