Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013-14 top boys 8th grade basketball teams
A new thread for a new season. Who are some of the better teams you have seen or played?
southern pulaski, meece, knox, pikeville comes to mind.
north laurel will be at the top also
It will be interesting to see what Southern does this year. I'm thinking a couple of the 8th graders will be getting time on varsity. We will soon see.
wayne co will also be very good
ky playmaker Wrote:wayne co will also be very good
Wayne will definately be good!
I beleave Belfry will be right there with all the rest we have a good team jus need to knock the football rust off.
North Laurel, won the tournament in Laurel County, beating Knox last night, they will be at the TOP of the 8th grade basketball teams to watch this year. They are a strong team, that does a LOT of things really well!:Clap:
Elkhorn Middle is loaded!
Meece beats N. Laurel by 13 last night. Also I heard Knox got beat to Northern last night.
Block Down Kick Out Wrote:Elkhorn Middle is loaded!
Elkhorn has a nice 8th grade team. They were put out by Meece last year at state 42-38. I'm sure they will be in the hunt this year.
Elkhorn has also added another player that should really help this team.
Scott County beat Elkhorn by 10 last night. Elkhorn led by three at the half then Scott Co. came out and played the inside out game with Davis and Sutton and took over and pulled away in the 4th Quarter. Elkhorn is good especially like their point guard and the Bailey kid. Should be battles all year between these two. on a side note the 7th grade game went into overtime with Scott Co. winning.
Magoffin has a very good 8th grade team this year. they have a record of 10-1 and play a tough schedule. better watch out for them..
who all have you played there at Magoffin co.? nice record.. there are some good teams down this way south an southeastern area. you have southern,meece,wayne,knox,n laurel,mccreary, whitley
Magoffin has played Westley Christian, Wolfe, Morgan, Menifee, Powell, Paintsville, Martin, and are playing Dorton tonight. The only team they have suffered a loss to is Johnson County. They have a very solid team as well.
There are some kids in Jefferson County that should not be overlooked. Ahmad Price is probably the top prospect in the nation in Kentucky Middle School basketball. He attends Farnsley Middle and plays AAU for the 4th ranked(nationally) Spiece Gators
JCTMS won the Jr. King of The Bluegrass last month. A very strong team with depth.
Some of the best teams in the Lexington Metro area:

Scott County Middle
Elkhorn Middle
Bryan Station Middle
Shelby West Middle
Clark Middle
McNabb Middle