Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12th, 13th and 14th Region scrimmages
HDE, do you know times for Harlan @ Knox and HC @ Pineville?
Girls varsity around 6 tonight at KC followed by boys varsity.
Boys varsity at 6 at Pineville on Monday followed by girls varsity.
HDE how down did Knox look? The more I think about Harlan County the more I think they may end up being in the hunt by the end of the season. I really like the Noe girl if she can get a little more aggressive and she is hardly ever talked about.
I did get to hear about the North Laurel scrimmage. They beat Owsley County by 20 or 23 and the Bruner girl had 32 points. I don't know if Owlsey is any good though? Is anyone hearing about any unknown players stepping up and surprising in scrimmages?
Scott County High School 1080 Cardinal Drive Georgetown, KY 40324 (502)863-4131

Preseason
Lady Cardinals Hoopfest
Sponsored by:
November 22nd & 23rd

Friday: November 22nd
5:00 Sayre vs Harrison County
6:10 Madison Central vs Collins
7:20 Lexington Catholic vs Shelby County
8:30 Henry Clay vs Montgomery County
*First Team Listed Will Be Designated As HOME Team - should wear HOME colors*

Saturday: November 23rd
11:00 Powell County vs Bryan Station
12:10 Assumption vs Larue County
1:20 Casey County vs Beechwood
2:30 South Laurel vs Fairdale
3:40 St. Henry vs East Jessamine
4:50 Tates Creek vs Trimble County
6:00 Spencer County vs Berea
7:10 Jeffersontown vs Frankfort
8:20 Scott County vs Corbin
*First Team Listed Will Be Designated As HOME Team - should wear HOME colo
Matt Dillon Wrote:No way Lincoln should be preseason 1. Southwestern has the best player in the region and the most returnees. This is the group that was widely heralded to bring home the gold after a huge success at the middle school level. Southwestern has three bigs that are as good as any in the region. Guard play will be what gets them. Boyle, Wayne, Mercer and don't count out Casey will also be hard to handle. Lincoln is average at best.

Lincoln average at best? This Lincoln group was widely heralded as well coming through middle school. After making sure and checking through the KBA State tourneys from back then, the last two years these groups were in middle school, Lincoln won a State Championship beating Southwestern in route while the last year both groups played middle school, Southwestern won the State Championship while beating Lincoln along the way. And just because Southwestern has the best player in the region doesn't make you a region champ. Wayne County had the best player (Hardin) in the region last year and was last in their district and didn't even make it to the region. Southwestern has 3 bigs but only one of them that can give you good quality minutes with the potential to be really good. Guard play will get them? That best player in the region you referred to (Corder) is a guard and they also have another guard/forward (Fitzgerald) in the top 5 in the region. I agree Casey, Boyle, Mercer will all be really good but Lincoln is better, at least to start the season. Not sure Wayne should be in that class. McCreary might slip up on some of these teams also.
Im not talking about the younger groups of Lincoln, I am talking about the group that's with SW now. SW big three inside all have potential to be good. If SW don't win region these next two years this group will be termed as underachievers. Parents got what they wanted a coaching change so now that excuse will be gone. How do you know I am talking about Corder being best player? Catspause rankings? Better not believe everything you read.
Matt Dillon Wrote:Im not talking about the younger groups of Lincoln, I am talking about the group that's with SW now. SW big three inside all have potential to be good. If SW don't win region these next two years this group will be termed as underachievers. Parents got what they wanted a coaching change so now that excuse will be gone. How do you know I am talking about Corder being best player? Catspause rankings? Better not believe everything you read.

I agree with you on not believing everything you read. Corder may not be the best player on team, much less the region. I also agree if they don't win region next 2 years and maybe 3 it will be huge disappointment. A few of the parents got what they wanted, but some did not want coaching change. The former coach and staff gave a lot of these girls opportunities at a very young age, that they may not have gotton at another school. A lot of the parents forgot about that. Southwestern should and IMO will be a very good team and is the team to beat in the 12th. If the parent/players jealously can be held in check then great things will happen for SWHS , but from what I have heard there is trouble already brewing at the wigwam. Hope they can overcome it, but from past history of this set of parents and players I doubt it.
Hey guru there is no trouble brewing over here at the wigwam. They have a great coach now who is working very hard implementing his system which will take some time. The old coach was a offensively minded coach and the new coach is a defensely minded coach.I think using the parent/player jealously as a reason for not doing well is a lame excuse to use for any coach. Any good mature coach would not let that even be an issue. I do agree with you that southwestern should win the region the next couple of years but by no means are they an overwhelming favorite. They definitely have the size and there experience at the guards to win the region. I really hope they have a great season and I believe they will and I also wish their former coach good luck over in the 15th region.
I agree Lincoln Co. Looked very good however its gonna take awhile to overcome the bad defensive habits that some of these girls have developed over the past few years when they realize they have to play both ends of the court they will improve.
I have not seen everyone in the region play but from what I have seen I would have to say the Corder girl is as good as any player I have seen in the 12 perhaps you have seen more teams than I . What players in the 12 region would you list above her and what players on the team would you list above her as a player thanks for your insight .
How did the scrimmage games at Scott Co go? Anyone have any info?
South laurel lost first half 16-15 lost 2nd half 28-21 to shelby co. 20 min running clock. Played better than I expected though
Did Scott Co. play Corbin?
BLT FAN Wrote:Did Scott Co. play Corbin?

This is an interesting math up due to the fact that the coaches from both teams played for Billy Hicks at Corbin.
How did the scrimmages at southwestern turn out saturday? Anyone know any scores or details?
Watched Bell co vs Lynn Camp tonight...Lynn Camp varsity played only 2 quarters and won both quarters vs Bell ...was very impressed with Lynn Camp... They could surprise some teams!,,,
Owsley County will be good this year as long as they keep there heads in the game. They have a strong starting group with an 8th grader and 1 senior they will end up surprising the region in my opinion. They played well against North Laurel the second half they slowed down plus one of the players broke her arm.
Basketball Guru Wrote:Lincoln beat Southwestern by 19 points today. Was not ever close. SW looked very unorganized and defense was horrible. Lincoln looked very good.

Two months later; Southwestern 65 Lincoln 58... Some coaches show everything in preseason/early season and try to win championships then. Some coaches build their team during the season. Confusedhh: Either of these teams could win the 12th region this year, there is no clear favorite. But for the first time in SWHS Lady Warrior history, they are a well-coached serious contender.