Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Hines (Cordia) ruled ineligible
Hines ruled ineligible yesterday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm sure they will appeal.
That's not right where will he play college ball next year anybody know shame on the KHSAA :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:That's not right where will he play college ball next year anybody know shame on the KHSAA :HitWall:
It doesn't matter if he don't play this year. He will still be going to ohio state next year.
Don't most players who are ruled ineligible end up playing anyway with a court injunction? After the ineligible ruling with a northern Kentucky high school football player a few years ago ,who played with an injunction, the KHSAA has since made these rulings and not said much after being overruled with injunctions. Correct me if I'm wrong because I very well could be. I'm just going on a few posts I've read on other sites discussing the Cordia issue. Commissioner Tackett has gone on record as saying that the court rulings have overruled eligibility decisions by the KHSAA.
The only thing that the khsaa could do is still rule him ineligible after they got the injunction but they hardly ever do that. That being said I think Hines should be eligible. The only player I have a problem with is Cunningham from Henry clay. He has played at 3 different high schools so tell me how he gets eligible every time.
I don't know how they house these players and get away with it. Even if they have a legal guardian here it is still against the khsaa law to pay a students bills
hitter Wrote:The only thing that the khsaa could do is still rule him ineligible after they got the injunction but they hardly ever do that. That being said I think Hines should be eligible. The only player I have a problem with is Cunningham from Henry clay. He has played at 3 different high schools so tell me how he gets eligible every time.
I don't know how they house these players and get away with it. Even if they have a legal guardian here it is still against the khsaa law to pay a students bills

It is rumored that Cordia is providing housing for the whole family.
Oh no.
I think the kid should get to play. He moved all the way up here from Mississippi. This KHSAA stuff makes me sick. They act like they are gods or something. I hope Malik gets to play. If I was him, I'd move back to Mississippi and play with my old team. Screw sitting out and waiting. Oowootah wasted half a season last year. Just wasnt right. Its pretty plain and simple that Coach Rhodes is wanting to build a Prep School over there. Maybe he should just play a prep schedule so all those kids can play ball. Its a sad situation especially just over a GAME. I feel for the kid not getting to play and having go through all this political hoopla. Stupid.
[Image: http://i.imgflip.com/4p9r5.gif]

Does this really surprise anyone? If KHSAA can't stop it (transfers, recruiting, etc.) from happening, they can sure make it more difficult. Has Cordia appealed this decision yet? What is the time frame now for him possibly seeing the floor? I would say mid January at the earliest. If so, how will this team do without Hines? Thoughts.....
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Don't most players who are ruled ineligible end up playing anyway with a court injunction? After the ineligible ruling with a northern Kentucky high school football player a few years ago ,who played with an injunction, the KHSAA has since made these rulings and not said much after being overruled with injunctions. Correct me if I'm wrong because I very well could be. I'm just going on a few posts I've read on other sites discussing the Cordia issue. Commissioner Tackett has gone on record as saying that the court rulings have overruled eligibility decisions by the KHSAA.

They do, and in a year or so the end up like Fairview!!! And the only one's hurt are our local kids that have to live here the rest of their lives knowing they were cheated out of getting to play in the State Tournament or the All A State Tournament, or the State Football Championship or even the regional tournament!!!
The KHSAA, in my opinion, shouldn't deny a kid eligibility if they are from out of state. In-sate kids should have to go through the process (Cunningham), but kids out of state shouldn't have to sit out. Hope Hines gets eligible just because a kid going to Ohio State will be fun to watch.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:They do, and in a year or so the end up like Fairview!!! And the only one's hurt are our local kids that have to live here the rest of their lives knowing they were cheated out of getting to play in the State Tournament or the All A State Tournament, or the State Football Championship or even the regional tournament!!!

Didn't have anything to do with that had to do with a error of transcripts of a kid that had been there since 2010 from Ashland. Get your facts right!
russellpride Wrote:Didn't have anything to do with that had to do with a error of transcripts of a kid that had been there since 2010 from Ashland. Get your facts right!

They played an inelgible player (players) and got caught not much difference!!!
BBN30 Wrote:The KHSAA, in my opinion, shouldn't deny a kid eligibility if they are from out of state. In-sate kids should have to go through the process (Cunningham), but kids out of state shouldn't have to sit out. Hope Hines gets eligible just because a kid going to Ohio State will be fun to watch.

Yea let all out of state kids play!!! Just drive over to Hunington and get a car load, or Northern Ky teams can go over into Cincinnati, or Western Ky schools can go to Nashville, yea let'em all play!!! Just Stupid!!!
[Image: http://i.imgflip.com/4uz0x.gif]

KYFan, this one is for you....
The Weatherman Wrote:[Image: http://i.imgflip.com/4uz0x.gif]

KYFan, this one is for you....

You know I'm right weatherman that's why you only have a little picture to add to the conversation!!!
He moved all the way from Mississippi to Cordia High School Confusednicker:

Yup, thats why he should be able to play.
They will appeal it and about Dec 26th he get to play he moved from Mississippi I dont see how they can keep him from it, They let kids at Knott and Perry play so thats no different and they live in state.
I have ZERO problem with all these BS transfers being ruled ineligible.

HOWEVER... let's be realistic here. It isn't going to stop in this day and age and will only get worse - probably time to find a new way of doing things.

In my personal opinion, if you wanna be a prep school - that is your choice - but go be a prep school and stop pretending you will just play with the regular schools out there and just play in the same state tournament as those teams. Not saying that Cordia is the only school in the state doing it.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:You know I'm right weatherman that's why you only have a little picture to add to the conversation!!!

[Image: http://i.imgflip.com/1ixvo.gif]
This is the same as what happened with jaysean Paige. Go ahead ill put my avatar up for a year against anyone on it. He's going to play.
Im not sure the ruling can be appealed. He was ruled ineligible due to academics, not basketball. He was ineligible to play in Mississippi when he came here so is automatically ineligible here. Any average high school coach should know that. Good job Rod!!! Hate this for the kid. Beware parents of good players, sometimes coaches AINT in the kids best interest.
Dont bet the farm Ballers. Its tuff to make up a few credit recovery classes in 2 days. KHSAA knows this as well. Only PCC can do that and get away with it! lol
ballstar Wrote:Im not sure the ruling can be appealed. He was ruled ineligible due to academics, not basketball. He was ineligible to play in Mississippi when he came here so is automatically ineligible here. Any average high school coach should know that. Good job Rod!!! Hate this for the kid. Beware parents of good players, sometimes coaches AINT in the kids best interest.

If it was due to academics how did he play last year?
[quote=Ballers]If it was due to academics how did he play last year?[/QUOTE

Because bball season ends in March and school doesnt end till last of May or early June........
trust me, I dont want the kid to sit out. I hate that more than anything.
If he was ruled inelgible acadmics wise, he may only have to sit out until after christmas.
Once the first of the year comes and this semester is over, Cordias finest will have him with the grades that could make him eligible.

In other words, if it was academics, then he has a better chance of getting reinstated than just because hes a transfer.

Lets be realistic here though. If he cant play, where does he go? I doubt he'll want to stay here.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:It is rumored that Cordia is providing housing for the whole family.
That is a strong rumor dude. His mother is employed at HCTS. Bonafide change of residence. Careful about hear say.
Jaysean Paige was ruled ineligible due to academics as well.