Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
47.76%
Williamsburg
52.24%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Williamsburg 11/29(Class 1A semifinal)
KYHSFBFan Wrote:This is an easy one to pick. Wburg beats Hazard by 14, who lost to Pikeville by 3, so, WBurg would beat Pikeville by 11. Then Raceland beats Pikeville by 11. Okay, maybe not. Therefore, it'll be a tie and go into overtime, and, we all know who has the advantage if it goes into o/t, right? Uhhh, me either.

:HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: nice to hear from these mayfield fans Wburg's beats Hazard by 14, Who lost to pikeville by 12. Then Raceland beats Pikeville by 11 Okay I don't see no overtime with my number.Williamsburg Wins going away KYHSFBFan :biglmao:
Slic Ric Wrote:Pikeville thought the same thing...seeing is believing. We'll see Friday. That's why they play the game...:1:
Whoa nelly. No one from Pikeville thought Raceland was not in the same class. There was a ton of mutual respect and really the only smack talking came from the dude who kept saying "Rams by eleventy billion". But we knew he was being funny
64sur good game hope the Burg wins it for eastern Kentucky
blueman44 Wrote:64sur good game hope the Burg wins it for eastern Kentucky

:betterthanexpected: Thanks Blue :rockon:
PHSForever Wrote:Whoa nelly. No one from Pikeville thought Raceland was not in the same class. There was a ton of mutual respect and really the only smack talking came from the dude who kept saying "Rams by eleventy billion". But we knew he was being funny

I wasn't referring to the majority of the good Pikeville fans and people; I agree with you whole heartedly. I was just referring to a few people who where making brash & ridiculous remarks.

I should have stated what I said differently and said "some Pikeville people thought" instead of referencing Pikeville people in general. My mistake. Pikeville and their coaches, team, & 99% of their fan base are all class.
blueman44 Wrote:64sur good game hope the Burg wins it for eastern Kentucky

Raceland is about as fr East in Kentucky as you get.
excyter21 Wrote:From this Pikeville fan (#21's Dad)... GO RAMS!!!!

Your son is a heck of an athlete, and has an awesome number (my old HS jersey).
Slic Ric Wrote:Seriously? I think there's a little bit of difference between middle school and varsity.

Not saying one game has anything to do with the other. Saying the talk from Raceland sounds familiar.
OCB89 Wrote:Could you tell me is Beech a senior ????? This could very well be a rematch of the middle school championship however, the kids are juniors now . How many Seniors is Raceland have this yr. ???

Beach & QB Elkins are seniors. On the line, Risner, Manis, Boggs, & Johnson are all seniors. LBers Brady Harris & Timmy McCommas are seniors too.
I think that they both have good defense players and it will be a great game to get to watch.
Newjacket Wrote:Not saying one game has anything to do with the other. Saying the talk from Raceland sounds familiar.

Well, I'm not one of the "talkers"...but I guess we will see on Friday when the game is played. I expect a good game.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The way Raceland played tonight in the first half, they should have been down 10-14 to nothin at the half. But that Raceland defense is tough. Outside of a 65 yd run by Hall and a 45 yd run by Charles, thy didnt do a whole lot running the ball. Raceland DBs played GREAT. Makes me very confident about going up against Williamsburg's attack. Pikeville's only success throwing the ball came twoards the end of the game when Raceland was in a prevent Nickel. Young shut down Estep. Raceland has a very good secondary. If Williamsburg wants to win, they will have to do it theough special teams. Whih is the Rams weakest link. They will have to take advantage of field position. Raceland has mastered contoling the clock and that oline gets stronger as the game goes on. They had Charles under pressure all night tonight. I expect much of the same. Though it is on the road, I think Raceland will do much of what they did tonight. They will slowdown/neutralize Wburg's passing attack and control the clock. This Raceland defense is getting to be scary good right now

Raceland 34
Williamsburg 21
Young was burnt but the qb. over threw him which could of been piviotal at the time, but that is water under the bridge, but will Ram's have big head an a letdown on the road, that is the big question.
A difference at 8th grade championship game is that on that Saturday before, Raceland played POWERHOUSE Frankfort and took a beating physically. Frankfort was ranked number one going into that game. Yes they were big and powerful and skilled and could play ball. They are also still in the hunt this year. Raceland, Frankfort and Williamsburg were 3 of the 4 finalist in 8th grade and this coming week also. Once again, the championship game COULD have been different IF the following would not have happened:
Our starting QB broke his leg the week before the championship game so that moved our WR to QB. 7-7th graders started the championship game due to injuries on Saturdays game. So if you think this game is gonna be like last time. I dare say, NOT TO MUCH. Now add the Seniors we have with that Junior class. Beach and Elkins in the backfield. The 4 Horsemen- Risner, Manis, Johnson, Boggs.. Pennington our cenior kicker, McComas and Harris at linebackers and throw in the freshman class who also played in the championship game last year and I say that this team is nothing like you have seen before if you attended that KYMSFA Championship game. Williamsburg had a great team and things lined up for you that day. We congratulated you on your victory and it was well deserved. You guys had he best team that day. Not making excuses about middle school football, shoulda, coulda woulda... we did the best we could with what we had that day. This FRIDAY is a new day and a new game. Who knows how it will end. Good luck to both teams and stay safe this week, HAPPY TURKEY GENOCIDE day to everyone who celebrates with a meat on the table. For the vegetarians out there,,,,,,, well, Happy THANKSGIVING.
Whoever wins this game, they go to Bowlng Green and play a previous state champion, ask Fairview whats waiting for them
Already 3 pages and its not even sunday.

Gonna be a fun week...
Rams by eleventy billion
Williamsburg is in for a rude awakening!
old warrior Wrote:Young was burnt but the qb. over threw him which could of been piviotal at the time, but that is water under the bridge, but will Ram's have big head an a letdown on the road, that is the big question.

Not that it matters, but Josh plays on the right side and he was step for step with Cody all night. That was Maverick Dixon, and he got caught in that mud and fell. 3 strides later, the same thing happened to the WR. That was a huge play, that could have put Pikeville in the driver's seat. But, its part of the game. I will say this though, Idk how either team managed to walk, let alone run on that field. I went out to congratulate my cousin, (a frosh) and one of my best friends from hs, who is the QB coach and i could hardly walk. The fact that Beech, Snyder, Hall, Charles, and Estep could run like they did is a testimate to their work in the weight room.
Jarons Wrote:This game is what high school sports is all about. Two schools representing their actual hometown who are loved by the community. With consolidation, games like this are becoming fewer and further between. I miss that. I remember visiting my parents in Worthington, my son asked me why so many buildings are orange. I told them the people really love the Rams. I am sure that pride is the same in Williamsburg. Living in bigger towns like I do now, I do not see that kind of excitement about the local schools. Best of luck to both teams. I will be rooting for the Rams of course from NC.
Love this post!
RamPride Wrote:A difference at 8th grade championship game is that on that Saturday before, Raceland played POWERHOUSE Frankfort and took a beating physically. Frankfort was ranked number one going into that game. Yes they were big and powerful and skilled and could play ball. They are also still in the hunt this year. Raceland, Frankfort and Williamsburg were 3 of the 4 finalist in 8th grade and this coming week also. Once again, the championship game COULD have been different IF the following would not have happened:
Our starting QB broke his leg the week before the championship game so that moved our WR to QB. 7-7th graders started the championship game due to injuries on Saturdays game. So if you think this game is gonna be like last time. I dare say, NOT TO MUCH. Now add the Seniors we have with that Junior class. Beach and Elkins in the backfield. The 4 Horsemen- Risner, Manis, Johnson, Boggs.. Pennington our cenior kicker, McComas and Harris at linebackers and throw in the freshman class who also played in the championship game last year and I say that this team is nothing like you have seen before if you attended that KYMSFA Championship game. Williamsburg had a great team and things lined up for you that day. We congratulated you on your victory and it was well deserved. You guys had he best team that day. Not making excuses about middle school football, shoulda, coulda woulda... we did the best we could with what we had that day. This FRIDAY is a new day and a new game. Who knows how it will end. Good luck to both teams and stay safe this week, HAPPY TURKEY GENOCIDE day to everyone who celebrates with a meat on the table. For the vegetarians out there,,,,,,, well, Happy THANKSGIVING.

The ace in the hole here is Williamsburg got 6 starters off the Corbin middle school state championship team from the same year, Just one classificato above the jackets, to add to the williamsburg state championship team.... J patrick, ( leads team in tackles and RB who led state in rushing in MS and now plays LB ) B patrick (kicker), A. Kissenger (linebacker), Z.sanders (corner), C. Lamoree (ol/dl) E. Wilson (ol/dl) ... all start. The point is the williamsburg is a different team and is much more powerful than what you all saw in MS, despite the injury bug you all from Raceland had in 8th grade, Williamsburg is a totally different team..... Either way, this will be one spectator game since both teams will be coming off of their first ever region title. I expect a close hard fought game until the final horn sounds.

Williamsburg- 28
Racelans- 14
the A team Wrote:The ace in the hole here is Williamsburg got 6 starters off the Corbin middle school state championship team from the same year, Just one classificato above the jackets, to add to the williamsburg state championship team.... J patrick, ( leads team in tackles and RB who led state in rushing in MS and now plays LB ) B patrick (kicker), A. Kissenger (linebacker), Z.sanders (corner), C. Lamoree (ol/dl) E. Wilson (ol/dl) ... all start. The point is the williamsburg is a different team and is much more powerful than what you all saw in MS, despite the injury bug you all from Raceland had in 8th grade, Williamsburg is a totally different team..... Either way, this will be one spectator game since both teams will be coming off of their first ever region title. I expect a close hard fought game until the final horn sounds.

Williamsburg- 28
Racelans- 14

Representing those recruiting skills Confusednicker:
Playfast Wrote:Why would they not wear black?

You GOT IT
Slic Ric Wrote:Seriously? I think there's a little bit of difference between middle school and varsity.

Same athletes'.
Williamsburg 21 Raceland 0
Raceland 26 Williamsburg 20. I knowed Hazard was not as strong as in the past, But who ever wins this game is playing for second place but good luck to both teams.
FBALL Wrote:Raceland is about as fr East in Kentucky as you get.

I agree with you. I am a Williamsburg fan all the way first then I pull for good old Eastern Ky. If Hazard had beaten the Burg then I would have been Hazard All the way.
topnotch Wrote:Williamsburg 21 Raceland 0

Please tell me this is sarcasm...no way they'll shut out Raceland.
Slic Ric Wrote:Please tell me this is sarcasm...no way they'll shut out Raceland.

Sure hope so,we wanted to shut out hazard Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Representing those recruiting skills Confusednicker:

We don't have to recruit. Coach Jewell does it for us
Daylin Beach.. Enjoy Williamsburg, better bring your big boy pants to tackle this kid. He's proving every week that he is the top RB in Class A.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next