Poll: Who makes the trip to Bowling Green?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
68.24%
Bourbon County
31.76%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Bourbon County (State Semi Finals)11/29/13
well time to get this one started,a rematch of last yr where Belfry went on to cruise to a 35-10 victory,but this year the talk of how BC is just rolling everyone and seen some post of BC winning this one by as much as 21points,if that happens I say they win state, but Belfry be rolling in the playoffs as well and since some changes on defense this 1 may come down to have the ball last, who u got and why,this is Belfry 9 trip in the last 10 yrs to atleast the state semis....GO PIRATES
Belfry same score!!! As last year. Bourbon Co. Is not on that level yet. Must play a better schedule to get ready.

HSFootball make you feel better, I Hope.
The BIG RED MACHINE is firing on all cylinders and they are hungry!! Pirates by 2 TD's!
i feel as long as Belfry keeps playing the way they are they will come away with a win...The Pirates seem to have found the right defensive scheme and the Offense is playing really well... Looking forward to a good game.... GO PIRATES!!!!! 28-20
Go Pirates! TongueirateSho
Belfry 35-14
I think this game will be eerily similar to the Belfry/Garrard match up a few years ago. I'll call it a push
Belfry firing on all cylinders right now. Belfry's defense has been renovated and seems to be fine tuned. Belfrys best defense is when the offense is clicking and keeping opposing offense's sidelined. There coaching staff has so much experience in these big game situations it makes the bucs very hard to beat. Haywood will be business as usual, setting up short yardage situations on 2nd and 3rd down situations. Death by a thousand cuts!

Belfry 28
BC 20
Poll added
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
According to Massey Matchups Bourbon is a 34 - 21 favorite in this game. I don't like that one bit.

Belfry 28
Bourbon 20
^ One thing for sure Belfry better bring there A game. Revenge is sweet!
If we fumble the ball, Bourbon wins going away easily 35-17.

If we protect the ball it's gonna be a battle.
This is gonna be a fun game, hopefully, in Paris. Hoping our guys can punch their ticket to Bowling Green. If we keep clicking like the last few weeks, I'll take my Pirates. Cannot overlook Bourbon, though. Talented group.
This will be a battle between to good teams! I just think Belfrys experience will push them over the top to the 3a title game.

Plus Belfrys got the best damn highschool coach in the nation!!
#3 is one explosive runner, Wow!
I'm going with Bourbon in this one. It should be a great game.
I think Belfry rolls in this one!!! Pirate fans, if you've an idea of staying over night close to the game, better get your reservations NOW. UK plays UT on Saturday. I'd say it's already filling up!!

Taking my Pirates by 2 scores!! And that's conservative, too.
Bourbon rolls in this one . To much speed and to many weapons .
If Belfry doesn't really attack and bottle plays up at the LOS, 3 and 4 for Bourbon will house some plays. Bourbons fastest guys are faster than Belfry's fastest guys, so Belfry needs to win up front on both sides. Belfry isn't going to out athlete bourbon.

Did Pope play versus Mason? If so, how did he look?
Big Game in Paris the day after Thanksgiving!
Some numbers to ponder over

Bourbon Co avg 50.5 PPG gives up 9.8 PPG
Belfry avg 39.7 PPG gives up 18.1 PPG

Bourbon has scored 40+ points in every game this season
Belfry 40+ points 7 times this season

Bourbon has shutout 4 opp. this season
Belfry 0

Combined record of opponents
Bourbon Co. 68-78 Mason Co. only team with 8 or more wins (12)
Belfry 85-67 5 Teams on schedule with 8 or more wins six if you count Lawrence Co. twice. 2 with 11+ wins!

I'll let you decide, should be an entertaining game in six day someone will punch a ticket to Bowling Green, but who??????????????
^
Belfry!
Wink
I'm gonna take the colonels in this one. They have the talent to do it. Now thaey just have to go out and play the best they can
Belfry0304 Wrote:#3 is one explosive runner, Wow!
#1,#2,#3,#,4,#15,#24 are all very good
Bourbon has not been tested at all this season. Their weak schedule has given them a 13-0 record on paper. Their lack of competition will hurt them. Am I saying they will roll over and hand it to us? No, but I don't think they are ready for Belfry. They will be tested early and if Bourbon gets down by 14-21pts to the Pirates...its time to roll out the Basketballs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am going to go with Coach Hodge and his Colonels! Good luck boys!
BelfryPride Wrote:Bourbon has not been tested at all this season. Their weak schedule has given them a 13-0 record on paper. Their lack of competition will hurt them. Am I saying they will roll over and hand it to us? No, but I don't think they are ready for Belfry. They will be tested early and if Bourbon gets down by 14-21pts to the Pirates...its time to roll out the Basketballs.
Mason co was a very good team. Good QB, 2 tough RB, fast, big lines, & #31 for Mason was one of the biggest & strongest Def ends in high school I had ever seen
Football Junky Wrote:Mason co was a very good team. Good QB, 2 tough RB, fast, big lines, & #31 for Mason was one of the biggest & strongest Def ends in high school I had ever seen

Never denied that. Mason is another team that played a weak schedule and it showed last night. 12-0, 13-0 is all and good on paper...unfortunately if it's against weaker competition it doesn't benefit you one bit. I'm very glad that Belfry has been tested numerous times, taken a loss and even spotted one team 21 points because it's going to payoff. It makes you find ways to win and Belfry has proven they can do that. That's a big edge to the Pirates.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Most of the Belfry fans haven't even seen film on bourbon, much less see them play. No one has even slowed them down. Keep in mind Bourbon bet Clark Co. 41-0. The same GRC team that Scott Co. Gave up 34 points to.

Belfry comes into this game a decided underdog IMO. Cantrell isn't dumb.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Most of the Belfry fans haven't even seen film on bourbon, much less see them play. No one has even slowed them down. Keep in mind Bourbon bet Clark Co. 41-0. The same GRC team that Scott Co. Gave up 34 points to.

Belfry comes into this game a decided underdog IMO. Cantrell isn't dumb.

Drink the Kool-Aid and believe the hype....hope the Colonels do as well. You're going to come back with GRC??? They're a has been. Bourbon County hangs their hat on beating teams with losing records then so be it. We'll see how that works out for them on Friday night.:biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[QUOTE=PaytoPlay;1697908

Belfry comes into this game a decided underdog IMO. Cantrell isn't dumb.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's right.....underdogs NEVER win...my bad! I'm glad we're a decided underdog by an opinion of a person who probably never played a down of football in their life. Last time I checked, opinions, rankings and records don't win ball games. But hey, it will do well to blow up the heads of the colonels and their fans.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 1(current)
  • Next