Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
Yep, I'm just glad he wasn't up there when the tornado came through.
How do you not update a banner that simple?

Heck, if Whitley won, we would probably have a billboard on the side of the interstate with the entire team picture on it.
I guess it's just taking for granted. Kind of like everyone in Mayfield scheduling a vacation day from work on the Championship weekend.
Tell me about it.. we all complained but the right person never heard us
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:How do you not update a banner that simple?

Heck, if Whitley won, we would probably have a billboard on the side of the interstate with the entire team picture on it.
We need a bigger scoreboard. Smile
It's different here. It always gets me. This is the way it is. I had to leave here for a job after high school in 86. I came back in 95. I came back from state with the team that year. There was a line of cars 1 mile long waiting on us at Marshall Co line that followed us all the way back to town for a parade through town. I went in 98, when we lost to Middlesboro. When we came back, nothing. It's that way every time. If we win, big fanfare. If we lose, nothing.

Before you say anything 64, there will be a line of cars waiting on us Friday night.
Now we get a new score board and they srunk the banner down to a 4' x 4' sponsor square at the bottom that u cant hardly resd from twenty feet... but now we have the state champion years in huge numbers across the back of statium... some one with a pic please..? Gonna look nice with A 2013 up there
Yeah, I was hopeful that they would have put all the state runner up years and semis years up on the stadium. That's just the cost of paint.
I had to bother the mayor to get our street signs updated after the 2010 season and those aren't right, they just have 2 years on there, you know, the ones by huddle house? I was told the person in charge of those signs is a Graves County fan, lol.
mayfield_9 Wrote:Like in 1978, we were 13-0, undefeated season
1979 we were 10-2
1980 & 1981 show nothing

mayfield_9 Wrote:1978 13-0 2-A Jack Morris
1979 10-2 2-A Jack Morris
1980 2-A Jack Morris
1981 2-A Jack Morris
1982 10-3 2-A Jack Morris

Yes, playoff info page

Thanks, I will get that info updated.
Lol, oh wait, you didn't give me anything, lol.
gobigredMHS Wrote:Lol, oh wait, you didn't give me anything, lol.
1980 record was 9-2
1981 record was 9-3
Yeah, I've always wondered why that sign only has 2 years on it when we've won 9.
mayfield_9 Wrote:1980 record was 9-2
1981 record was 9-3

Got it, thanks, I had to update that page anyways with our past 2 years of playoff runs, its tough sometimes to remember all the pages that need updating.
gobigredMHS Wrote:Got it, thanks, I had to update that page anyways with our past 2 years of playoff runs, its tough sometimes to remember all the pages that need updating.
You are fast!
What has happened to all the Williamsburg folk. It's like they are mia.
Fort Campbell won 1A in 1978. They moved up to 2A in 1979. They were in our district, and back then, only the district champion went to the state playoffs. They beat us in 1979 and won the 2A title. They beat us in 1980 and were runner-up to Corbin.
mayfield_9 Wrote:You are fast!

Thanks, I am still about halfway thru updating the all time stats up to 2011, lol, I am sure coach lancaster is gonna put out a new book after this season. He might as well put one out each season.
I wish he would put 1 out. I would like to see more defensive stats as well. Something else interesting to put into it would be all the explayers we have had that played in pros and at different levels of college.
mysonis55 Wrote:What has happened to all the Williamsburg folk. It's like they are mia.
They are at Wally World buying milk and bread. There's a winter storm coming!
I bet we couldn't find a single loaf or a gallon of milk here either. I can't wait for this game. It does surprise me that they have left this epic thread though.
Went earlier to get stuff for salad..bigistake.. ya they were outta everthing from tolit paper to eggs too milk soups bread isle was completly clean... crazy.. 45 min to check out.. I was to bull headed to leave and go to subway..
mysonis55 Wrote:I bet we couldn't find a single loaf or a gallon of milk here either. I can't wait for this game. It does surprise me that they have left this epic thread though.

they have to have their milk sandwiches if it rains
We are coming i promise,I am leaving around 12.00 today :Cheerlead:Cheerlead :Cheerlead
Westbound and down, Go Jackets...
Had a daughter that attended WKU in 2000 and I know a lot has changed so I am assuming the improvements to the stadium have been significant...
This will be a 11 o'clock kickoff central time, correct?
Yes 11:00. MHs will be up by 7 by 11:10
mysonis55 Wrote:What has happened to all the Williamsburg folk. It's like they are mia.

55 You Mayfield people remind me of a big old hound dog that I owned in high school He ran cars one day he caught one and guess what he DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH IT. HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK TO MAYFIELD WITH 6FOR4 SURE SIGN FLYING FROM YOUR CRACK. YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED
topnotch Wrote:Skylor is A junior.

Great to hear his high school career will not end with an injury.
  •  Previous
  • 23(current)
  • Next