Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
Please add poll to this someone lets get it started who wins the big dance? I will take my pirates in a close one :Thumbs:

Go Big Red :devilflam
I went to the Tilman game and this is my thoughts, Tilman had at least 4 turnovers it may have be 5, wayne made them play evertime, wayne is small but we see the last 2 weeks that means nothing, the know what there supposed to do, the read option killed Tilman and that opened up the pass game and then it was over, belfry if they play like they have in the playoffs should win this game by a couple scores, but the better come to play, wayne tackles well and are hungry, they have probably at least 5 players go both ways and there qb is not scared to run it and lower his shoulder on u, this should be the yr they bring back the title but that's why u play the game just ask Bourbon County, GO PIRATRS
Gotta go with my Pirates... Belfry is clicking and have peaked at the right time... Yes they still fumble and have false starts but we fans have gotten used to that, and the BOYS seem to get it done game after game... I think this is the year.. BELFRY 28-20...
Belfry-14
Wayne County-6
This IMO will be the best game at bowling green this year. Both teams play very good defense and our good on offense as well. Not really sure who wins but I'm glad it's not central...
I think in order for a Belfry to win this they need to set the tone with Hatfield in the backfield. Belfry was a different animal once he entered the game last night. Hard nose runner. Congratulations Pirates! This Colonel fan will be rooting you on.

PS If you see some of the tweets between Bourbon/Belfry players it's nothing but mutual respect now...I think we get caught up in the emotion as fans and forget they're just teens being teens. Both teams should be PROUD of the young men and what they've done for their communities!
Wayne county.i think Waynes defense will slow Belfrys running game down enough for Wayne to win after Wayne has beat Central and Tighlman the last two weeks its hard for me to pick against them.
This is awesome. A thread with Wayne and Belfry in the state championship. With that said this will be a defensive war and the team that can execute outside of their comfort zone the best will be state champs. Roll Cards!
Glad to see both these teams make it to state, I like both of them. That being said, I'm pulling for Wayne cause they're in our District. This should be a good one! Good Luck to both teams.
I'll post mine later in the week. I'm still enjoying the win last night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This game could come down to field position. With that being said I put my money on belfry and the leg of devin wellman. When we don't move the chains he will pin them deep.
Wayne Co
64SUR is from eastern Kentucky,born an raise in Leslie county,A big belfry fan and Williamsburg fan,belfry Wayne is tough guffrey is a manchild.

Belfry 42
Wayne co 35
TongueirateSho TongueirateSho TongueirateSho
I expect Wayne County to bring the State Championship trophy back to Monticello.
Can't wait to watch this game.
^ 4 more quarters and someone will have earned that right to wear it.
PaytoPlay Wrote:^ 4 more quarters and someone will have earned that right to wear it.

Looks like Wayne has jumped the gun somewhat though haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That's just a design. Get a pic of one of the two we already have. Ours are the real thing.
skully03 Wrote:That's just a design. Get a pic of one of the two we already have. Ours are the real thing.

Yeah, that got sent to me by someone on Thursday night. I hope we have a third to add to our 2 next week!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i am rooting for the pirates i think they bring home the gold. with a healthy justin johnson this year setting up short run touchdowns can,t lose. so proud of him. over 3000 +yds and if he stayed healthy not missing six games last year and 3 this year he could have been belfry all time leading rusher and we got to remember against teams like sheldon clark he only carried the ball one time when he could have ran for 300 easy but his stats are not padded .it is what it is. over 1200 this year and was out three games.wow and was under a hundred carries wow. and hayden hatfield is the man on def.he got to be the best def lineman i have seen quicker than phillip hickman and tommy runyon at that pos.he is mister def.well keep it real belfry and lets bring home the gold.:biglmao:also glad to see austin hatfield back he sure add to the belfry depth chart.look out wayne here we come and we are taking no prisoners.
Things are lookin good for both programs...Their Middle Schools played in the state championship and now we are here at in in High school......This maybe be the 3A championship for the next few years....Bring it home Pirates
Belfry don't be like Paducah Tilghman and try to start the trash before the game. Nobody from Wayne has said nothing but total respect for Belfry.
I think that ring is a pic of one of ours.
This is on another thread and explained. That is a mayfield ring. That a coach grabbed off the internet as motivation for his players. Kind of like "this is what you are playing for." Easy captain, wayne co don't jump the gun, so no reason to invent lockerrroom material. They prepare for every team and respect every opponent as one who could easily beat them. Belfry is no different. This will be a great matchup.
Cardfan1 Wrote:This is on another thread and explained. That is a mayfield ring. That a coach grabbed off the internet as motivation for his players. Kind of like "this is what you are playing for." Easy captain, wayne co don't jump the gun, so no reason to invent lockerrroom material. They prepare for every team and respect every opponent as one who could easily beat them. Belfry is no different. This will be a great matchup.

Good point.
Cardfan1 Wrote:This is on another thread and explained. That is a mayfield ring. That a coach grabbed off the internet as motivation for his players. Kind of like "this is what you are playing for." Easy captain, wayne co don't jump the gun, so no reason to invent lockerrroom material. They prepare for every team and respect every opponent as one who could easily beat them. Belfry is no different. This will be a great matchup.

Thanks for the explaination. Looking foward to a week without drama (I hope) and some good football on Friday
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Listen we are the fans of our respective teams. I heard about the ring last night and heard it was one of Mayfields. All this is just fun so don't get to worked up like some do on here. Honestly I do not know much about Wayne co. All I know is they are undefeated and have certainly earned the right to be in bowling green next Friday. These seniors at belfry have been there all four years so look for the game to be a battle. They are looking to go out on top and with a bang. Good lick to ya cardinals. Bowling green. A massive SEA OF RED is approaching.
Wayne County 41
Belfry 20
I hope to see a huge Belfry contingent like we had last night...I think it will be much bigger this week. Weather is supposed to be nice with a high of 45, sunny with only 20% chance of rain. I love having the afternoon game for the sun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wayne 20 Belfry 8. Wayne is the better team in my opinion. Wayne was a hell of a team last year that had 2 bad games, one against Bell in which they turned it over in the 1st quarter and won the next 3 quarters but couldn't overcome the deficit. Many, many fans seem to forget, Wayne played Central just as well as Belfry did last year, and really Wayne made some mistakes and still only lost by 3. I think Wayne was the 2nd best team in 3A last year.
  • 1(current)
  • Next