Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6th grade FBU team
It was 13, or I meant 13, not 14 (it's this year in 7th we see some 14 year olds). I thought kids were ineligible their senior year if they were turning 19 before August 1. However I wasn't clear if they could play up until their senior year with a birthdate like that. For example I thought they were eigible to play as an 18 year old junior if they turned 18 on say July 5th or any day before August 1st. I guess that's the reason I asked the question. Although hopefully there are not many, or no 14 year old 6th graders out there. I'm glad you explained this though. I like the rule.

I'm thinking of a player this year that turned 14. I keep forgetting we are not in 6th grade anymore...But yeah, a team full of 13 year old 6th graders hitting their first real burst of testosterone via puberty is tough to beat. That I know of the August 1st date makes a kid ineligible their senior year of high-school, so if a kid was 13
All players are eligible if they are I'm 6th grade and didn't turn 13 till after August 1, 2013.

As of right now we have had only 20 kids submitted for team.
Good luck. I had asked our little league 5th and 6th grade coach (also defensive coordinator on our middle school) if he had any he might want to submit. As I've been busy with middle, filming, game film, and with HUDL I couldn't record for him so he had no video footage to submit. His receivers are very short, quick but very small so I don't think he has anyone to submit. I know they have probably a top 10 fastest 6th grade true (over 200 pounds) lineman in the state (or I'd be surprised if he wasn't) on our 6th grade team. Hopefully you guys narrow it down and get some more players so we have a good showing in state.
Congratulations to all teams that advanced in the playoffs this weekend, and congrats on all teams on a great season. As we get down to the championship weekend it's important that you submit you players/sons/athletes for consideration to TEAM KY....

We are still looking for BIG linemen and sure handed receivers.

Please pm me with questions and go to link (above) to submit players.

P.S.

Players with video go to top of list for consideration. It doesn't have to be high production 5-10 clips against good competition.
I heard our own Coach Hoskins' son Dylan made this team. He is a BIG boy that can run. He is bigger than some of his daddy's starting lineman on the varsity OL/DL. Coach Hoskins has been a HUGE part of Bell's success the last 15 years or so. He maybe the best dline coach in the state and 1 of the better d coordinator's too.

Congrats to big Dylan!! He has a younger brother that is a hoss too!
He is a great addition and a big part of our line. Can't wait to see him work on the field. Wish FBU allowed more than 5 coaches on a staff or we could of added him...

Heard any of more big boys that i may not have talked to yet?
What I am looking for is big lineman to run behind and linemen who can pull (run the counter trap)

We plan to run both a pro set and wishbone offense. We know some teams we will be able to power over with the line and backs (we want) and some we will have to spread out.
Would you allow 5th graders or does it have to be a 6th grade student?
Has to be current year 6th grade and eligible by age rules. We have scouted some stud players only to find out they are only in 5th....
If your planning on pumping to the tryouts on Sunday. The registration opens at 830 and the tryout will start shortly after 9.

Please bring all equipment, current year physical and $20 for insurance/tryout fee.

Can't wait to see everyone !!!
We were able to pick up 8 players from today's tryouts in Lexington but are still in need of tall wide receivers. If you think you have the player that I need please send me a video of the athlete.
It's been a great weekend for football in the state. We crowned 4 champions (some repeat ones) and had a great tryout.

As everyone winds down, hopefully coaches from the championship teams and runner ups submit there players for FBU, especially for 6th grade. This is the. Hardest grade to find the best players for. We have found a bunch of great kids but are still in need of a few positions.

Biggest needs are for :
DB
WR
TE

Would like more:

OL/DL (big mean kids, already have 6 but would like 4 more to have a complete 2nd group)
LB

If you have any of these please submit them or PM a contact so I can try to locate them.

http://www.formstack.com/forms/KYMSFA-ke...tion__2013
Coaches/parents,

We have had a great response to the 6th grade FBU team. We have only 10 available slots. So if you think you have a player that we may not have seen or you haven't submitted please contact me (either on here or at [email]coachlockwood1@gmail.com[/email]) and please have video (doesn't need to be high quality, cell phone video works) it makes it much easier to evaluate the players with being able to see them.

Needs:

Wide receivers, tight ends, linemen(both sides) and corners.

We already have some of these hut would like more.

Have a grat day and hope to hear from some of you pretty soon.
Fool me once ... My eighth grade son hated the Kentucky's FBU team. He played last year and had a starting position until the week before the etown tournament and three kids from the sticks with the same number of teeth as my jackolaterns were brought in. He never saw the field. He begged and begged to tryout again in Lexington and now there are 50 other kids trying for the same spot, yes, he got cut. Now he wants to play for the team in louisville but Greg Mitchell is telling us no. Kentucky FBU crushed one of my childs dreams I wont let it do it to another.
Cats pride, sorry for what happened to your son I didn't coach him last year or have anything to do with that. FBU is a great organization that gets kids out there and let's the see things and have experiences they normally don't see.

For you to. Come on this message board and knock a great experience for these kids shows NO pride in yourself or anything. We are trying to create (on the SIXTH (6th) regrade team) a positive and learning environment for all the players that are selected. Please do not comment on this post as it is unessasary and rude.

Again I am sorry YOUR son didn't get a great experience with FBU but I can show you 50 other kids from last year who wouldn't have traded that experience for anything (and that's why they all pretty much made the team this year, they had heart and desire to get better at their craft)

Have a grat day, parents if you want to talk or have any questions about this team or how it is rankle are PM me and I will either answer your questions or get you intouch with someone you can.

P.S.

We are still looking for a few kids to be on the 6th grade...need receivers and DBs. Thanks
Parents/coaches, we sent out confirmation FBU packet in email today please let me know if you have any questions
Edited my comment due to reading Coach Lockwood's response. I totally agree.

And good luck to all the great kids that made the 6th grade team!
Catspride
Why would Greg Mitchell care if your son tried out for team louisville, especially if he was not selected to team ky.
That should be up to you if you live in louisville
Shoulderpads Wrote:Catspride
Why would Greg Mitchell care if your son tried out for team louisville, especially if he was not selected to team ky.
That should be up to you if you live in louisville

I know 2 kids that walked on at the tryout and made the starting roster last year. They are from a small town, but 2 of the wealthiest kids in that county, dads own businesses and both kids have the best looking clothes, etc.. I mean this was just a bitter dad trying to take a shot at KIDS for God's sake from very rural areas. It was just a matter of talent being seen firsthand by the coaches. I think those 2 kids put our little town on the map as a possible place to find a few gems every now and again. We had 2 more kids make it this year, one on 7th, one on 8th. I had the pleasure of helping coach them for around 6 years now.
6th grade roster will be posted soon...still waiting on a couple kids to get ducks in row....great group so far.....
6th grade roster is posted in new forum along with the coaching staff, can't wait to see what team ky can do....
When does the team play and where
We play Sunday in Nashville vs Louisville or Nashville.