•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAA Championship: Belfry 3 Wayne Co 0
Congrats Pirates!!!!! I am so glad and proud of you all bringing home another Championship to the mountains. The word before the season was Belfry will be young and take their lumps but bygolly coach Haywood and the Pond Creek Nation rose to the occasion and stepped up to the plate and won the State Title. Belfry will be back next year and many more after that.
Matt Dillon Wrote:Great Football game . Congrats Belfry.

glad u made it out of hiding my friend,lolTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Congrats to Belfry on the win and bringing a title back to the east. The seniors leave a good legacy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
NKY has Highlands.
WKY has Mayfield.
EKY has Belfry.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:NKY has Highlands.
WKY has Mayfield.
EKY has Belfry.

South central has Wayne county we up and coming!!
We'll be :truestory:
cuppett777 Wrote:that's good coming from u,since all week Belfry couldn't stop Guffey, this is the best quote u made about Belfry getting embrassed.

Go ahead and start getting Guffey's ring sized!! Belfry has no chance!! The belfry boys will get embarrassed!! He runs over corners and d-backs like speed bumps!! If the lineman don't hit him high they can forget about it
He's a true mr football candidate!! Nothing against Belfry they have a awesome football program just think Wayne is having on of those once in lifetime seasons. Good luck to both teams!!

You can bet your sweet rump he's a mr football canadate!! I think the weather played a rather large factor in this game and I think belfry benefited from the crappy playing conditions. That's football tho!! I never said I didn't think belfry was a good team just that they couldn't stop Wayne and IMO they couldn't have without the bad conditions. That doesn't mean a hill of beans now. Belfry deserved this win the seniors put their work in over the last three years after loosing to Central. One thing is for sure belfry will be hell on wheels the next few years!! That was probably the last chance Wayne will have for a while especially if the get moved up to 5a. Hats off to both teams that was a heck of a game!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:NKY has Highlands.
WKY has Mayfield.
EKY has Belfry.

I really hope JC gets to claim a title in the near future.

Thanks for the kind words.
Go Big Red! Wrote:You can bet your sweet rump he's a mr football canadate!! I think the weather played a rather large factor in this game and I think belfry benefited from the crappy playing conditions. That's football tho!! I never said I didn't think belfry was a good team just that they couldn't stop Wayne and IMO they couldn't have without the bad conditions. That doesn't mean a hill of beans now. Belfry deserved this win the seniors put their work in over the last three years after loosing to Central. One thing is for sure belfry will be hell on wheels the next few years!! That was probably the last chance Wayne will have for a while especially if the get moved up to 5a. Hats off to both teams that was a heck of a game!!

It's called crow...it has a bitter taste to it...doesn't it? :eyeroll:

As for Guffey, he is a heck of a football player. Mr. Football he is not. I don't mean that as a slight to the kid. No way he would win it. The weather hurt Belfry just as bad as wayne. Belfry also left 14 points on the field. The first touchdown was just that. Several ifs and buts. But they are not just one sided, it goes both ways. Belfry was the better team.
Congrats Pirates.

I am sick typing those words.
Go Big Red! Wrote:You can bet your sweet rump he's a mr football canadate!! I think the weather played a rather large factor in this game and I think belfry benefited from the crappy playing conditions. That's football tho!! I never said I didn't think belfry was a good team just that they couldn't stop Wayne and IMO they couldn't have without the bad conditions. That doesn't mean a hill of beans now. Belfry deserved this win the seniors put their work in over the last three years after loosing to Central. One thing is for sure belfry will be hell on wheels the next few years!! That was probably the last chance Wayne will have for a while especially if the get moved up to 5a. Hats off to both teams that was a heck of a game!!

Don't blame it all on the weather.....Belfry played in it as much as Wayne Co. did..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GO BIG RED must not like eating crow. Guffey was stopped. No matter good weather or bad weather. Good weather it could have went either way just like it did tonight. There is no ifs, ands or buts about it. Belfry won, wayne Co. lost and it was a heck of a game. Now let's get this PIRATES SIZED FOR THEIR RINGS!!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:Congrats Pirates.

I am sick typing those words.

I hope u type for atleast a few more yrs,lol
Congrads to Belfry on bringing home a title.. Tough Loss for Wayne but I must ask do they not have a kicker or not. Because I think you kick the field goal there or atleast just run the ball..
Matt Dillion came in just long enough to post 1 post and then hes out, guess we wont hear from him again until next yr...
Great game! Heavy weight match up, this game lived up to its billing! Pirate Nation congratulations on your long awaited and much deserved state championship! Cardinal nation congratulations on your outstanding season!

Belfry and Wayne County residents you should be proud of how your coaching staffs and young men represented your communities, truly amazing teams and amazing game!

I salute both teams, both sides held nothing back and left everything on the field!
Congrats Belfry. 1 quick question, "Where's the offense"?
Go Big Red! Wrote:You can bet your sweet rump he's a mr football canadate!! I think the weather played a rather large factor in this game and I think belfry benefited from the crappy playing conditions. That's football tho!! I never said I didn't think belfry was a good team just that they couldn't stop Wayne and IMO they couldn't have without the bad conditions. That doesn't mean a hill of beans now.
!!

The weather didnt determine the outcome of this game...Belfry's defense did.
Both teams played in the same conditions....Belfry was just the better team. Wayne hasn't seen a team as stout defensively as Belfry. Heck...Pirate fans have questioned Belfry's defense all year.....but kudos to the Belfry staff for showing the willingness to make adjustments late in the season.

Guffey is a very nice ballplayer. But I don't think he's a Mr. Football candidate....regardless where he would have played.

Congratulations Wayne on a great year.
cuppett777 Wrote:Matt Dillion came in just long enough to post 1 post and then hes out, guess we wont hear from him again until next yr...

I said great win....I didn't pick two different teams in two weeks. I said in the prediction thread if it was dry Wayne would win by 2 TD if it was raining then it was a toss up. I would still stick with that if the game was played again tomorrow. Check that, 3 TD.
TongueirateSho:1:CONGRATS TO THE BELFRY PIRATES!!!:1:TongueirateSho

I don't think that I would have ever dreamt of the all out defensive battle that this game turned out to be! Glad to see the East well represented and I am glad to see at least one State Title coming back to this side of the state! I am going to make an early New Years resolution and that is to see a game at The CAM next season! Gonna have to meet up with Granny Bear and take a field trip over there! :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:TongueirateSho:1:CONGRATS TO THE BELFRY PIRATES!!!:1:TongueirateSho

I don't think that I would have ever dreamt of the all out defensive battle that this game turned out to be! Glad to see the East well represented and I am glad to see at least one State Title coming back to this side of the state! I am going to make an early New Years resolution and that is to see a game at The CAM next season! Gonna have to meet up with Granny Bear and take a field trip over there! :biggrin:
We will welcome you with open arms and who knows. We may adopt you like we did grannybear this season.
Both defenses played great, in my opinion, but everyone that has ever watched football and knows a thing about it, knows that most "rain games", most anyway, equals low scoring. At least this was on turf so mud wasn't too much of a factor. Wayne just couldn't catch passes today for some reason, and they came into this game with a wide receiver reputation of "these kids don't drop balls, they catch everything". Today they couldn't catch. I will say, Wayne has an 8th grade QB coming up that can throw it better than Guffey could at that age. He's not the big hoss cat runner, but he's got an arm. But if they do go to 5A, gonna be tough. I'll be happy not to play them. I wish there was a way to make the class system more fair.

Belfry is probably right back in this championship game, next season. If not they won't be out longer than a year. When their freshman are seniors I think they'll be heavily favored as state champs unless Central loads up with NFL prospects.
Matt Dillon Wrote:I said great win....I didn't pick two different teams in two weeks. I said in the prediction thread if it was dry Wayne would win by 2 TD if it was raining then it was a toss up. I would still stick with that if the game was played again tomorrow. Check that, 3 TD.

lets don't go with the weather deal, or I can say if Justin holds on the ball it could would have been the couple scores I told u ....anyway just giving u hard time like u was doing last week,all in fun and both teams deserved to be there
Congrats to belfry!! This was by far the best football game I've ever seen. Both teams laid it all on the field.
panther nation Wrote:Congrats to belfry!! This was by far the best football game I've ever seen. Both teams laid it all on the field.

The other couple of teams have their work cut out for them, or Belfry Wayne have stolen the show! Most "experts" picked Belfry vs Wayne as the best game this weekend. I just hope Wayne can stay 3A so this can become a rivalry. Belfry has been matching up with Wayne in middle school as well. Belfry defeating Wayne's 8th grade this year in the championship, and could have matched up with Wayne the year before if Casey county hadn't had a very good squad that knocked Wayne off before Wayne got the chance to get to the final. Just a great, potential, rivalry. Of course I doubt Louisville Central is "down" for very long.
I enjoyed watching this game(from my living room).

Good game. Both teams played well.

Wayne - Very nice season, good work. :Clap:

Belfry - Congratulations on your State Championship! :Clap: :Clap: :Clap:
This was Belfrys rebuilding year with all the young kids playing, so that's what was said at the beginning of the year. They only lose 4 starters off the defense and 4-5 on offense, I feel a repeat. Can't wait to see X back in the backfield next year with Hatfield. Thunder and lightning.
Congrats to both teams on a hell of a game and season. Both teams worked hard, achieved goals, and earned respect from each other and their communities. Wayne Co. is a great team and has nothing to hang their heads over. They played a great game and they deserve the respect for it.

Now this is not meant toward Wayne Co or any of their respectable fans but toward the FEW FANS who are on here talking about the weather conditions and the "bad coaching calls"...you are selling your team short. You are basically saying that they are the better team but not in the rain. You do understand that the majority of the hs football season is played in the cold, rainy, snow season. Right? If the passing game is your strong point but you cant do it in these situations, then it sounds like its actually your weakness. Or should we schedule more than one championship game for each class? One in the rain, one in the snow, and one in the warm sunshine and go with best out of three. The best teams and coaches get it done in any situation wheather its weather or injuries or whatever. Give your team the respect they deserve and stop selling them short and taking away from the Pirates. Like it or not there was only one chance for either team to win a cahmpionship today and the Pirates did it...and they deserve it!!
This rain excuse is funny coming from the same people who all week who lauded Wayne's balance and a QB who will "run over" Belfry defenders. In a wet game where they blame the conditions on stopping Wayne's passing game then why in the blue blazes did they completely abandon their run game?

I can argue the conditions favored Wayne on the two plays that was roughly half their offense. Belfry had double coverage but the wind forced the ball to come up short and Perkins made a great play to come back and make an acrobatic catch. The drop TD pass had nothing but a very minute amount to do with the weather... it was basically the equivalent of a soft toss... no one should drop that... IMO that drop had 10X more to do with the lack of experience in big games than it does the weather... also does Wayne even have to drop a TD there and come away empty if they simply convert a 3rd and Half a Yard the previous play? The only reason they come away empty was Belfry's run defense.

What is greater? Dropped passes where Guffey was forced to throw between two defenders and the receivers had to brace for the big hit because Belfry had been laying the wood to them all day... or two redzone fumbles including one that appeared to be a blatant missed call at the goal line? If you want to blame the conditions for dropped passes (which could be attributed just as much to the pressur eof the big game and Wayne never being there) then you have to also blame the conditions for both of Belfry's redzone fumbles.

Finally this game was played on 12/6/2013.... not 9/3/2013... when you get to the Finals you are playing in December football in Kentucky (I know people in Corbin have forgot about what December football is). The vast majority of the time it is going to be cold, windy, with some sort of precipitation. It's not like this was a freak weather event... people knew it was going to be wet since last Friday... that's on Wayne for not game planning or preparing. Once again..if these conditions favor the run then why did Wayne abandon their run against a team who was essentially only rushing 3 guys?

It really is a shame I even had to post this..I overlooked the comments last night hoping it was just one person being bent out of shape..but obviously it is sticking around. These were two pretty even teams but one executed better and played a little better defense and thus won. Leave it at that...a great game with two teams who gave it their all and made their communities proud.
I was just about to type out a long post breaking down the game and then I thought of a great discussion ending phrase from an all time favorite movie -- "who gives a shit, it's gone"

Well, Belfry is the champ!
Great job Belfry..
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next