Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 8th grade teams
I have seen all the teams in Knott and most in Perry and I would say East Perry and Hindman are best teams Ive seen.
Not sure how much you have saw, but some other teams are RW Combs, ( who beat east perry, Letcher, Whitesburg, Jackson City, Carr Creek(beat Hindman), I want to say Wolfe is good, but not saw them, just basing on last yr and what they had returning. (Not sure about teams in 56th district area.
Actually--Rw lost to Letcher by 1.
Those two teams may play again this weekend if they win the first round games.
Actually I wasnt saying RW beat any of those teams except East Perry. I meant to put that game in parethesis. I was just listing other good teams that i have saw. My mistake
There are several good middle school teams this year. The key will be which teams continue to improve and which ones are satisfied where they are now. Should be an exciting dec and jan
Jackson City's 8th grade team is horrible. When I saw them play at the sportsplex they only had one player who had 25 that game against JBS.
Rw combs won the 14th region holiday tournament this weekend at memorial gym. They beat whitesburg, letcher and mtn view.
Seen RW Combs a couple of weeks ago.. Good team, team chemistry is good and their coach is doing a great job with them... Very talented.. May be the best in the mountains..
Many great teams! Gonna be great come state time
carr creek and RW combs were the winners of knott and perry....
I would put Estill co 8th grade up against any 14th reg team. I would love to see how they stack up with other teams in the 14th they won the 56th 8th grade tournament. There like 20 and 2 on the year. There a very good team.
Any update on Whitesburg and Letcher Middle? How are they doing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
They are both pretty solid teams
jackson city is gonna win it all in my opinion
I heard Corbin is good
Congrats to Letcher Middle school on winning the county championship over Whitesburg. Does anyone know when they are going to be a 14th region tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Perry central has good talent coming in RW Combs is very good, but remember this this team didn't lose anyone from last year an they lost twice to Combed an they won the perry county tournoment , so Perry county central has good talent in there freshmen class now an a great group of girls coming in that play good team ball,next year !
The post I sent was referring to the girls teams.
If cordia had been healthy all year no one could touch them they have probably the best 8th grader to ever come out of the mountains in marquis nowell he was injured all year long, had tendons cut in his foot he only played about 3 games this year he was not even 50% and got 46 points in the county championship. The Pryor kid is really good also. They have an 8 th grader they elected not to play he is a 6'11" kid that starts on the high school no one in the state could beat them.
Do they even have a 14th Region Tournament?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

They had a 14th region Holiday tournament.
Who won?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

RW Combs beat mouantain view in the finals