•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2014
I didn't say cheated, just nuddged in a certain way. Mr. Bates would tell you that himself, I heard them going off the field. His crew made him look horrible. Those guys maybe the laziest bunch of zebras ever. But that is all over now. I heard no excuse's from anyone at Bell, they got beat, bottomline.
2014 will be much different for the Bobcats, in many ways. I expect a better record and much better team. Many of us on Log Mountain are.
Muney, if you can get that done about Bates' crew not doing the Mboro game let me know so I can do the same with Harris' crew every time we play Bell.
bear claw Wrote:Muney, if you can get that done about Bates' crew not doing the Mboro game let me know so I can do the same with Harris' crew every time we play Bell.

Not sure but I thought Kelly had the Harlan Co. @ Bell game this year??? Not Harris. :eyeroll:
TopCat Wrote:Not sure but I thought Kelly had the Harlan Co. @ Bell game this year??? Not Harris. :eyeroll:

Kelly with 1/2 Harris's crew.
Yogibear Wrote:Kelly with 1/2 Harris's crew.

Not sure if you are aware of this or not, maybe not. But the officials are chose based upon the importance and magnitude of the game. Not because who is playing the game. The Middlesboro/Bell game was not as important as some of the other games that day so they were given the BATES crew. IMO the absolute worst crew in the area, possibly the state. On the other hand the night of the Harlan Co./ Bell game that was a highly touted and probably the best game that night so they were given the best crew (based on rankings) Kelly/Harris crew. Just throwing that out there
I disagree, all three of those schools are in different classes, one of those games are no more important than the other. If anything Bell , Middlesboro would be more of a heated game, to where they needed there best crew. I am not saying Bates is the best. I think they assign every crew a good game and then go from there. If I am a crew and never get one of those rivalry games or what you call important games, I am done.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I disagree, all three of those schools are in different classes, one of those games are no more important than the other. If anything Bell , Middlesboro would be more of a heated game, to where they needed there best crew. I am not saying Bates is the best. I think they assign every crew a good game and then go from there. If I am a crew and never get one of those rivalry games or what you call important games, I am done.

Just telling you what I have been told for the 27 years that I have been doing this now. But I guess you are free to agree or disagree. I am just telling you how it is determined. And nobody cares if you are the crew that never gets a game because you are terrible anyway and need to hang it up or split up and join a decent crew.
Thanks for the advice.
Pride I sure hope you ain't a zebra??? That would change my opinion of you. I would not recommend any offical to visit this place.
I Can promise you that I am not a Ref. Just don't want to argue over idenity. PM is the place for that.
The way I see it so they did call some calls bad but the refs don't win game the players should be able to over come those calls if you are a better team. Cause bell had more opportunities to change the game but couldn't. That is the way it goes some time when you have a young team.
Better find refs from another region when going to Log Mountain. I can't believe that any Bell fans would complain about refs on the Mountain.
Is Coach Mills going to Whitley? Has he applied?
Nope he is here to stay
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:Nope he is here to stay

Until all the Cat claws start again. IMO he is in a bad situation. :Sad04:
He is in a better situation at Bell. His kids are in better schools and that was a big part of the decision for him. Plus the football program is better. That didn't hurt none.
Not with the expectations that Hilton put with that program. Unless he maintains that 10 win a year. THe bad situation is , all those Bell fans will blame him, when in fact the talent is running out. Recruiting not up to par.

Boyle Co. would be a step up for Mills, better schools and better football program.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Not with the expectations that Hilton put with that program. Unless he maintains that 10 win a year. THe bad situation is , all those Bell fans will blame him, when in fact the talent is running out. Recruiting not up to par.

Boyle Co. would be a step up for Mills, better schools and better football program.

Bell will continue to beat Knox so good luck to you and your team. You might win district in a few years.
We may. But, yours are over. Bell will not win one anytime soon. That is why Mills really needs to evaluate and take a long look .
PRIDE101 Wrote:We may. But, yours are over. Bell will not win one anytime soon. That is why Mills really needs to evaluate and take a long look .

Haters gonna hate I understand. Knox will never get close to the level as Bell they only times they were they had a different coach. Why do you think he left? Hmmmmm
Still very sore it seems over Mills leaving. Broken heart is hard to recover from.
William Muney Wrote:Still very sore it seems over Mills leaving. Broken heart is hard to recover from.

Just can't get over it. Enjoy that 1975 district title. I am sure you had nothing to do with. You will see how good Bell will be this season. We beat you all with 7 sophomores and 4 freshmen last year basically our JV team.
^^
Right back atcha!

Flicka Wrote:Better find refs from another region when going to Log Mountain. I can't believe that any Bell fans would complain about refs on the Mountain.

Even horrible officials should know the rules, whether or not they apply them. Even after our game last year, Bell fans kept trying to convince me that the rules allowed a team to throw 2 forward passes in one down, as long as one of those was completed behind the LOS. That was allowed twice in our game, clearly. After a while they just get to be a joke.
Bell will be about the same.. Corbin does win that district.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Is Coach Mills going to Whitley? Has he applied?

I hope not.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Is Coach Mills going to Whitley? Has he applied?

pjdoug Wrote:I hope not.

Don't worry your program is not that enticing.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Don't worry your program is not that enticing.

he likes the program and knows a lot of the coaches personally.I hope he stays where he is at.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Not with the expectations that Hilton put with that program. Unless he maintains that 10 win a year. THe bad situation is , all those Bell fans will blame him, when in fact the talent is running out. Recruiting not up to par.

So much for that. The clock is ticking to get out now while you are still somewhat ahead. Fact, he will catch all the blame.
He could not get that job. This is a must win season for the Bobcats, at least 10 wins, regular season and playoffs. If not things, will go south.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next