Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 2014
Engineers lose some on the line and couple of Receivers. (6 total) but they return their offensive firepower in Trevor Jones and most of the receivers he threw to and all of the running backs from last year.

I can see 7-8 wins.

Aug. 22 @ Morgan County - W
Aug. 29 @ Lexington Christian - L
Sep. 5 @ Jackson County - W
Sep. 12 Magoffin County - W
Sep. 19 Bath County - W
Sep. 26 Powell County - W
Oct. 3 @ Bourbon County - L
Oct. 10 Western Hills - Toss up. Western Hills returns all but 4, including their offensive firepower. I think Estill pulls out the W at home
Oct. 24 @ Garrard County - L
Oct. 31 McCreary Central - W
Estill will have a good season, Jones is a legit dual threat QB, he can pass and run, he extends and makes plays, very hard to stop him and their running game. Defensively the Engineers will be tough as well. I look for them to be very competitive next year.

God speed to them except against Jackson Co. Smile
The Cross Movement Wrote:Estill will have a good season, Jones is a legit dual threat QB, he can pass and run, he extends and makes plays, very hard to stop him and their running game. Defensively the Engineers will be tough as well. I look for them to be very competitive next year.

God speed to them except against Jackson Co. Smile

2 Things:

1. I don't want to call Estill a "dark horse" because there are some good teams that will be very hard to de-throne and a 3 seed is their most likely ceiling.... but with the Jones kid back I do think Estill has a chance to raise some eyebrows and surprise some people. A 2nd Round playoff appearance is definitely within reason and I think they push Garrard and Bourbon considerably harder than 2013.

2. Cross Movement... if you would like to start a thread feel free to..but I am curious to follow your Jackson County team next year and see how you guys grow. Would love to know about how you plan to schedule, what your goals are, and the steps you guys are taking to continue to build this thing (feeder school, community involvement, programs/camps, etc). Seeing what Wayne County did basically building their program from scratch over a long period of time made me think of your guys' positive attitude at Jackson.
Estill is on the rise and if Trevor can stay healthy, it will be very exciting for the Engineers.
The quarterback ,Is he related to the coach? Is that his son?
Paul Crewe Wrote:The quarterback ,Is he related to the coach? Is that his son?

Yes.
this team need a little RESPECTS Confusederiously:
I look for Estill to surprise some people this season. And I don't think they are the only ones. This district is much more wide open than many think. To be the man you have to beat the man and Bourbon is still the man. But I think some does.
Strikeout King Wrote:Engineers lose some on the line and couple of Receivers. (6 total) but they return their offensive firepower in Trevor Jones and most of the receivers he threw to and all of the running backs from last year.

I can see 7-8 wins.

Aug. 22 @ Morgan County - W
Aug. 29 @ Lexington Christian - L
Sep. 5 @ Jackson County - W
Sep. 12 Magoffin County - W
Sep. 19 Bath County - W
Sep. 26 Powell County - W
Oct. 3 @ Bourbon County - L
Oct. 10 Western Hills - Toss up. Western Hills returns all but 4, including their offensive firepower. I think Estill pulls out the W at home
Oct. 24 @ Garrard County - L
Oct. 31 McCreary Central - W

I agree with your pick LCA will better than last year. I look for a air raid from LCA this year. Good luck to Estll Co :rockon:
I like Estill to finish second this season, Jones is easily best QB in the district, and one of top, if not the best all around athletes.
Second place and down is wide open, unless a district team can figure out how to stop Bourbon's Holman and Hill, I don't see many district teams staying within 3-4 TD's of Bourbon.
NoworLater Wrote:I like Estill to finish second this season, Jones is easily best QB in the district, and one of top, if not the best all around athletes.
Second place and down is wide open, unless a district team can figure out how to stop Bourbon's Holman and Hill, I don't see many district teams staying within 3-4 TD's of Bourbon.

Jones is a heck of a athlete and if he stays healthy should carry this team, but Bourbon will be the team to beat.