•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2014
I am guessing then, that there is a long list of eagles in D1
BlueCrew34 Wrote:I am guessing then, that there is a long list of eagles in D1

I didn't say that and I don't know why you would guess that. JJ Jude is playing D-1 FCS but that is not a long list. I do know that there is a list of players in the 80's that came up in the Johnson Co grade school system and had great careers at Paintsville. Joey Coach and James Davis are two that come to mind Matt Williams is another and Craig Ratliff is another, all are great guys and were great players! IMO if Paintsville wants to get to were they were in the late 70's and 80's they need to stick with one coach and put good solid coaches in place at the lower levels. To say kids at JC kids need to come to Paintsville to dodge Highlands is a JOKE! It's just a example of how pitiful Paintsville sports programs have become.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I didn't say that and I don't know why you would guess that. JJ Jude is playing D-1 FCS but that is not a long list. I do know that there is a list of players in the 80's that came up in the Johnson Co grade school system and had great careers at Paintsville. Joey Coach and James Davis are two that come to mind Matt Williams is another and Craig Ratliff is another, all are great guys and were great players! IMO if Paintsville wants to get to were they were in the late 70's and 80's they need to stick with one coach and put good solid coaches in place at the lower levels. To say kids at JC kids need to come to Paintsville to dodge Highlands is a JOKE! It's just a example of how pitiful Paintsville sports programs have become.

Exactly

That's one letter/invite that wasn't just left quietly on the coach's desk.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Talked to some friends lastnight. This transfer goes way beyond football!:poker face:
honestjchsfan Wrote:Great players want to play against the best! They only players that JC is going to lose to Paintsville are the players who already have Paintsville ties or the players that can't crack the starting lineup at JC. When a kid gets to play against Highlands he is getting to play in front of Football people that MATTER! When JC plays Highlands the stands are loaded with College scouts! Before JC's last game VS CCHS I talked to a D-1 Scout that had been to the JC VS Belfry game too. Paintsville had its first decent year in a coon's age, good for them! Beat the crap out of Jenkins next year Tigers show the state who great you are!

I will check if Jenkins is on the schedule and get back to ya' TongueirateSho
This will make Paintsville a huge factor in the region.
dns Wrote:Talked to some friends lastnight. This transfer goes way beyond football!:poker face:

It goes no farther than a good cold drink on 4th street.And playing a little poker with his dad and BMR.He just wants back on the bench and back in good graces with his Paintsville drinking buddies.Good luck to the kid but his dad has alienated everyone toward him.
[quote=honestjchsfan]I didn't say that and I don't know why you would guess that. JJ Jude is playing D-1 FCS but that is not a long list. I do know that there is a list of players in the 80's that came up in the Johnson Co grade school system and had great careers at Paintsville. Joey Coach and James Davis are two that come to mind Matt Williams is another and Craig Ratliff is another, all are great guys and were great players!

JJ Jude was from Martin county
If you built it they will come...Good luck to paintsville...I pull for them lastyear and I will this year unless they play Williamsburg :Cheerlead
If he's dodging FTH he's going to have the same problem in Class A. If he is lucky enough to get by Raceland and Fairview (possible but not probable) he won't get by Pikeville at Pikeville in 2014. He won't be running behind anything close to the lines he had at JC either. Paintsville's year may be 2015. 2014 is not out of the question, but unlikely IMO...:popcorn:
We got the backs, but do we have a line?
TomTebow Wrote:It goes no farther than a good cold drink on 4th street.And playing a little poker with his dad and BMR.He just wants back on the bench and back in good graces with his Paintsville drinking buddies.Good luck to the kid but his dad has alienated everyone toward him.

Hey get your facts straight. He lives on ****************
If anyone from Jenkins reads this thread please post if Paintsville is scheduled to play the Cavs this year. Thanks.
dns Wrote:Hey get your facts straight. He lives on ****************
I am not positive of the context of the street you used, but have to be sure it wasn't the street of a BGR member.

Be mindful of the rules, everyone. :Thumbs:
dns Wrote:Talked to some friends lastnight. This transfer goes way beyond football!:poker face:

Inform us how it goes way beyond football. Don't see him getting eligible because JC will fight it and matney will to
Panther Thunder Wrote:I am not positive of the context of the street you used, but have to be sure it wasn't the street of a BGR member.

Be mindful of the rules, everyone. :Thumbs:

Sorry panther. I meant Southside lane not 4th street!
Why are they going to fight it as many kids as they get from other schools
3sportfan Wrote:Inform us how it goes way beyond football. Don't see him getting eligible because JC will fight it and matney will to

No case!! Let them fight it.. His dad will have somethimg to say , when its time. But you just started posting on here to start trouble. I'll let it rest..
Tigers will be fine, the addition will add to their success and will help spur more kids in the younger groups to play. Paintsville will be a tough matchup for anybody this coming August
I think that if Paintsville wants to take the dostrict and make a run at region, they had better do it this year. The next several years, SHOULD, provide some epic battles between Pikeville and Raceland, in the region. Raceland's line will be young in '14, but all have bg game experience and big game wins. Pikeville is similar. In general though, I absolutely love the direction that district 7 is headed in. I think Chirico, Maynard, and McNamee are all three coaches with great attitudes towards teaching young men, not just on the field, but off the field as well. Looking foward to many great battles between these three for years to come.
I heard some outstanding news the other night. I heard that Paintsville will be starting a wrestling program!

Is this true?

If so I think it is a great step forward that will do nothing but help the football program!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
dns Wrote:No case!! Let them fight it.. His dad will have somethimg to say , when its time. But you just started posting on here to start trouble. I'll let it rest..
His dad always has something to say.Thats the whole problem.If he has something to say he had better be saying it so his boy doesnt miss his senior year of high school football.Its just sad that his dad cant keep his mouth shut and let his kid enjoy high school and football.Trying to transfer wont go as easily as his dad thinks it will.It will be a fight.
^^^i didnt realize he would be a senior. Knowing this, idk about the move. If he is eligible he is a major factor, but, i have never been a fan of "one and done" transfers. Foreign exchange students or legit parental job/moving circumstances, are one thing, but to go to a neighboring school for one year, i have always found a bit odd.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Great players want to play against the best! They only players that JC is going to lose to Paintsville are the players who already have Paintsville ties or the players that can't crack the starting lineup at JC. When a kid gets to play against Highlands he is getting to play in front of Football people that MATTER! When JC plays Highlands the stands are loaded with College scouts! Before JC's last game VS CCHS I talked to a D-1 Scout that had been to the JC VS Belfry game too. Paintsville had its first decent year in a coon's age, good for them! Beat the crap out of Jenkins next year Tigers show the state who great you are!

Paintsville's opponents had a 46% win/loss percentage last year with three wins playing up in classification. JC's opponents had a 51% win/loss percentage (not including wins versus the Canadian team, the home schooled kids from Indiana and Ironton), with two against a higher classified team. It appears to me that their is not much discrepancy in the strength of schedule between the two schools. Plus, Paintsville did not play Jenkins last year. If you are going to refer to yourself as honestjchsfan, then you kind of have an obligation to be factual.
"honestjchsfan", I do agree with your statement about more D1 recruiting exposure at Highlands' games. However, JC hasn't played Highlands in a couple years, have they?
Mountain Boy Wrote:Paintsville's opponents had a 46% win/loss percentage last year with three wins playing up in classification. JC's opponents had a 51% win/loss percentage (not including wins versus the Canadian team, the home schooled kids from Indiana and Ironton), with two against a higher classified team. It appears to me that their is not much discrepancy in the strength of schedule between the two schools. Plus, Paintsville did not play Jenkins last year. If you are going to refer to yourself as honestjchsfan, then you kind of have an obligation to be factual.

It's just my opinion, but this may be the dumbest post I've read on here.
Elmer Highstep Wrote:It's just my opinion, but this may be the dumbest post I've read on here.

How so? The post contained nothing but 100% statistical facts. Please do expound upon your very vague generalization.
Mountain Boy Wrote:Paintsville's opponents had a 46% win/loss percentage last year with three wins playing up in classification. JC's opponents had a 51% win/loss percentage (not including wins versus the Canadian team, the home schooled kids from Indiana and Ironton), with two against a higher classified team. It appears to me that their is not much discrepancy in the strength of schedule between the two schools. Plus, Paintsville did not play Jenkins last year. If you are going to refer to yourself as honestjchsfan, then you kind of have an obligation to be factual.

Elmer Highstep Wrote:It's just my opinion, but this may be the dumbest post I've read on here.

Mountain Boy Wrote:How so? The post contained nothing but 100% statistical facts. Please do expound upon your very vague generalization.

I have no dog in this fight, but I would say it has something to do with your bolded statement above.

I personally would cheer for Paintsville over Johnson Central because I am a Chirico fan, but to say there is not much discrepancy in the two's strength of schedule is just foolish.
Mountain Boy Wrote:How so? The post contained nothing but 100% statistical facts. Please do expound upon your very vague generalization.

What was vague about what I said? I think it was pretty clear. I stated my opinion and I moved on.
Elmer Highstep Wrote:What was vague about what I said? I think it was pretty clear. I stated my opinion and I moved on.

Clearly not. You attempted to discredit a valid statistically factual post with a very vague quip containing no facts to support your opinion because you cannot produce any. Now that makes for a dumb post...
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next