•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2014
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:I have no dog in this fight, but I would say it has something to do with your bolded statement above.

I personally would cheer for Paintsville over Johnson Central because I am a Chirico fan, but to say there is not much discrepancy in the two's strength of schedule is just foolish.

It is a statistical fact based on the won loss record of the opponents each team played last season. Perhaps the terminology "strength of schedule" was improper as compared with the formula used by agencies that rank schedule strength. I suppose I should have stated "won/loss percentage" instead. Any way, each school played basically the same level of opponents relative to its own classification. I am aware that JC's opponents are a stronger group of teams if you matched them up head to head.
Mountain Boy Wrote:Clearly not. You attempted to discredit a valid statistically factual post with a very vague quip containing no facts to support your opinion because you cannot produce any. Now that makes for a dumb post...
OK, Stephen Hawkins, maybe you should have spent less time in math class and more in English class(or better yet a football field). I prefaced my post by stating first, it was my opinion. Opinion is defined as:
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. In other words, my opinion needs no facts to back it up.
However, after carefully re-considering your argument I have changed my opinion. I now believe your post IS the dumbest post I have read on here.
I knew what you meant Mountain Boy. This thread isn't going to be for the weak of heart haha...

:popcorn:
I think kids should be able to play where ever they want to . If someone wants to transfer to another school I wish him luck. If they are not happy were they are then their performance will be less. I wish him well and hope he has a great senior year.
Elmer Highstep Wrote:OK, Stephen Hawkins, maybe you should have spent less time in math class and more in English class(or better yet a football field). I prefaced my post by stating first, it was my opinion. Opinion is defined as:
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. In other words, my opinion needs no facts to back it up.
However, after carefully re-considering your argument I have changed my opinion. I now believe your post IS the dumbest post I have read on here.

Thank you for clearly defining that your opinion means nothing.
Mountain Boy Wrote:Thank you for clearly defining that your opinion means nothing.

Ok Stevie, glad to see that you are starting to catch on. Opinions are the premise behind all of these message boards. Take a little shot of your favorite after shave, and it will calm you right down.

For the record, I think kids should play wherever their family thinks is best for them. Good luck to Joe and his Tigers.
Elmer Highstep Wrote:Ok Stevie, glad to see that you are starting to catch on. Opinions are the premise behind all of these message boards. Take a little shot of your favorite after shave, and it will calm you right down.

For the record, I think kids should play wherever their family thinks is best for them. Good luck to Joe and his Tigers.

Sound advice there "Sky Blue." I haven't had a decent drink since the Sundry Store closed.
Mountain Boy Wrote:Sound advice there "Sky Blue." I haven't had a decent drink since the Sundry Store closed.

Lol, :Thumbs:
Mountain Boy Wrote:Sound advice there "Sky Blue." I haven't had a decent drink since the Sundry Store closed.

I called Soap Blevins and he is on his way to settle this.
And please no wrestling team at Paintsville, it's hard enough to get kids to play now the way it is and from what I've heard there is zero interest in wrestling among the players and students.
Any JC fan that gets on here and complains about a boy transferring to Paintsville needs to take a step back and look at their own school. JC's previous top 2 RB's were transfers, one being the states all time leading rusher, JJ Jude. The other, Damien Belcher, who grew up in the Paintsville system, transferred to JC a couple years ago, and now transferred back to Paintsville. And there are plenty more to add to that list of transfers since the Matney era began.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
dns Wrote:No case!! Let them fight it.. His dad will have somethimg to say , when its time. But you just started posting on here to start trouble. I'll let it rest..

Not trying to start trouble. You are the one that said it goes way beyond football. I was just asking what you meant by that because I have heard a lot of reasons. As far as me saying they will fight it Belcher is their best running back so you know they are not going to let him go easy. Look at Paintsville fighting for Daniels to stay last year
TigerBlues Wrote:I called Soap Blevins and he is on his way to settle this.
And please no wrestling team at Paintsville, it's hard enough to get kids to play now the way it is and from what I've heard there is zero interest in wrestling among the players and students.

I have to disagree with ya on this one TB. Wrestling takes place after football season. And if you look at most of the schools with successful Football programs. They also have a wrestling program.
I see so many Good athletes (Football Players), just sitting in the stands during basketball and baseball season.
IMO, wrestling makes them tougher, both mentally and physically. Wrestle during basketball. Lift during Baseball. The Football Coaches need to get behind these boys and push them towards wrestling.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Redneck Wrote:Any JC fan that gets on here and complains about a boy transferring to Paintsville needs to take a step back and look at their own school. JC's previous top 2 RB's were transfers, one being the states all time leading rusher, JJ Jude. The other, Damien Belcher, who grew up in the Paintsville system, transferred to JC a couple years ago, and now transferred back to Paintsville. And there are plenty more to add to that list of transfers since the Matney era began.

Ok then describe Transfer to me or anyone else.JJ and his family moved to Johnson Co when he was in the 5th grade and played elementary football,basketball and wrestled.And played middle school football in 7th and 8th grade.Then he played 4 years of high school football at Johnson Central and was state wrestling champion at Johnson Central.Daymion also played 8th grade,Freshman,Sophomore & Junior seasons at Johnson Central.Then he is trying to transfer his Senior season.Maybe my description of transfer is different from yours.He would not be transferring at all if it werent for his dad seeing a glimer of hope in the Paintsville football program.The very reason he went to JC in the first place.Because Paintsville program was in such bad shape.You can mark it down Chirico will not play the right kid and he will be asked to leave soon enough.Which is a sad thing because He is one of the best motovators of kids.He gets a lot out of kids when there isnt a lot there.Any team would love to have Chirico on their staff.
[quote=Mountain Boy]Paintsville's opponents had a 46% win/loss percentage last year with three wins playing up in classification. JC's opponents had a 51% win/loss percentage (not including wins versus the Canadian team, the home schooled kids from Indiana and Ironton), with two against a higher classified team. It appears to me that their is not much discrepancy in the strength of schedule between the two schools. Plus, Paintsville did not play Jenkins last year. If you are going to refer to yourself as honestjchsfan, then you kind of have an obligation to be factual.[/QUO I don't know what your point is? When was the last time Paintsville beat a State champion in any class during a season? Last season JC beat class 3A State champion Belfry at Belfry! Last season JC played Belfry, Ashland and CCHS 3 of the most respected football programs in the history of Kentucky high school football, those 3 program have combined to win over a dozen State Titles! Just so you know JC BEAT 2 out of the 3! Who did Paintsville play that compares to those 3 programs!
Redneck Wrote:Any JC fan that gets on here and complains about a boy transferring to Paintsville needs to take a step back and look at their own school. JC's previous top 2 RB's were transfers, one being the states all time leading rusher, JJ Jude. The other, Damien Belcher, who grew up in the Paintsville system, transferred to JC a couple years ago, and now transferred back to Paintsville. And there are plenty more to add to that list of transfers since the Matney era began.

I am not complaining about Damien Belcher transferring! I hope he does great at Paintsville! What I did take issue with was the Paintsville fan stating more JC kids should transfer from JC to Paintsville to avoid Highlands! That's a pretty pitiful statement IMO!
OffTheHook Wrote:I have to disagree with ya on this one TB. Wrestling takes place after football season. And if you look at most of the schools with successful Football programs. They also have a wrestling program.
I see so many Good athletes (Football Players), just sitting in the stands during basketball and baseball season.
IMO, wrestling makes them tougher, both mentally and physically. Wrestle during basketball. Lift during Baseball. The Football Coaches need to get behind these boys and push them towards wrestling.

Wrestling also helps improve tackling.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Wrestling also helps improve tackling.

First, I'm not totally against wrestling. I'm just saying with the amount of kids we don't have the numbers as a class A school to compete. I may be totally wrong and have no clue about wrestling but OTH is right and I agree with with his post it makes them better with tackling and all that but we simply do not have the numbers. I would like the Johnson Central guys like Pulp who have the knowledge to post what it would take to be viable. I may be lost in this subject but I would want to hear their perspective moving towards this .
honestjchsfan Wrote:[quote=Mountain Boy]Paintsville's opponents had a 46% win/loss percentage last year with three wins playing up in classification. JC's opponents had a 51% win/loss percentage (not including wins versus the Canadian team, the home schooled kids from Indiana and Ironton), with two against a higher classified team. It appears to me that their is not much discrepancy in the strength of schedule between the two schools. Plus, Paintsville did not play Jenkins last year. If you are going to refer to yourself as honestjchsfan, then you kind of have an obligation to be factual.[/QUO I don't know what your point is? When was the last time Paintsville beat a State champion in any class during a season? Last season JC beat class 3A State champion Belfry at Belfry! Last season JC played Belfry, Ashland and CCHS 3 of the most respected football programs in the history of Kentucky high school football, those 3 program have combined to win over a dozen State Titles! Just so you know JC BEAT 2 out of the 3! Who did Paintsville play that compares to those 3 programs!

Of course a rebuilding Class A school with around 150 boys in grades 9-12 and around 25 players will not be scheduling traditional powers from Classes 3A and 4A. Likewise, they cannot ever play the state champion from a lower classification because only a handful of schools in the state are smaller. Hence there are no lower classifications. Relative to the classification of each school, their opponents were comparable. If you still don't get it, I do not believe there is any help for you.
Mountain Boy Wrote:[quote=honestjchsfan]

Of course a rebuilding Class A school with around 150 boys in grades 9-12 and around 25 players will not be scheduling traditional powers from Classes 3A and 4A. Likewise, they cannot ever play the state champion from a lower classification because only a handful of schools in the state are smaller. Hence there are no lower classifications. Relative to the classification of each school, their opponents were comparable. If you still don't get it, I do not believe there is any help for you.

I understand totally what you are saying! You made it petty clear that the small enrollment size is a great excuse for the lack of success! The difference is clear, Coach WB, BMR and Adkins never used any excuses! If you are really a Paintsville fan study your own history and help Stop the musical chairs that every coaching job at that HS has become!
If generally takes 4 years for a coach to get a system in place, get the right guys at the position coaching positions, then personel has alot to do with it. Chirico and Co over achieved last year. Next year is crucial. Not only for Chirico, but for Paintsville football in general. I expect a similar season, possibly one game deaper into the playoffs depending on what happens at Fairview and Raceland.
^^^^deeper
honestjchsfan Wrote:[quote=Mountain Boy]

I understand totally what you are saying! You made it petty clear that the small enrollment size is a great excuse for the lack of success! The difference is clear, Coach WB, BMR and Adkins never used any excuses! If you are really a Paintsville fan study your own history and help Stop the musical chairs that every coaching job at that HS has become!

One huge difference between the "glory days" of PHS athletics is that back in that time most of the best athletes in the school played all three major sports. These days it seems that the best athletes are more likely to pick one sport in which to specialize and work on all year. In such a small school, there are just not enough boys to support that and remain competitive year in and year out. The addition of other sports has somewhat added to the depletion of the roster of each sport as well. There are other factors that have contributed to the lack of success in recent years. These are two that stand out to me.
TomTebow Wrote:Ok then describe Transfer to me or anyone else.JJ and his family moved to Johnson Co when he was in the 5th grade and played elementary football,basketball and wrestled.And played middle school football in 7th and 8th grade.Then he played 4 years of high school football at Johnson Central and was state wrestling champion at Johnson Central.Daymion also played 8th grade,Freshman,Sophomore & Junior seasons at Johnson Central.Then he is trying to transfer his Senior season.Maybe my description of transfer is different from yours.He would not be transferring at all if it werent for his dad seeing a glimer of hope in the Paintsville football program.The very reason he went to JC in the first place.Because Paintsville program was in such bad shape.You can mark it down Chirico will not play the right kid and he will be asked to leave soon enough.Which is a sad thing because He is one of the best motovators of kids.He gets a lot out of kids when there isnt a lot there.Any team would love to have Chirico on their staff.
Transferring to me is probably the same as it is to anyone else, leaving one school for another. JJ and his family moved to JC when Matney moved JC, and there's not a thing wrong with that. As far as Damien goes, how do know that his dad had anything to do this decision.

honestjchsfan Wrote:I am not complaining about Damien Belcher transferring! I hope he does great at Paintsville! What I did take issue with was the Paintsville fan stating more JC kids should transfer from JC to Paintsville to avoid Highlands! That's a pretty pitiful statement IMO!
I agree, that statement shouldn't have been made, nor do I think it is accurate.
I don't see the big deal about it and why it's now 4 pages deep. Every year when our running backs graduate people get so tore up about not having any one. Every year they are replaced and the I doesn't miss a beat. It's the scheme people, someone else will be ready to step in and all will be fine. I'm ready for this crap to die, he should be playing where he wants end of story. Next guy up!
oh and JC never gets transfers
Belcher was declared eligible yesterday, or at least that's what I heard.
Talked to his dad YESTERDAY. He is offically a TIGER!!:redboxer:
Best of luck to Belcher at Paintsville.
Thanks PF. best of luck to JC also..
Open season on transferring.If you need to transfer now is the time.KHSAA is gutless and will do whatever any one wants.If Belcher can get eligible so quick then anyone that transfers can.No one from from JC must have opposed it.But that kind of figures.They could care less if he leaves or not.Got to make room for the new backs coming up.And man is there plenty of talent coming.Belcher probably saw the writing on the wall.One of these young guys was ging to take his starting position next year.With more heart an work ethic these young guys would be the starters.No matter who you are or what age you are.If you are the better player you would start in Matneys program.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next