Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will UK's Basketball season go this year?
Do you think Uk will have a pretty good season, or a pretty bad one? Also has anyone heard of any big recruits by Uk? Let me know. :Thumbs:
I think we'll fair pretty well this year...I'm excited about them getting the opportunity to play in Maui again and I think if they get by Depaul and UCLA in the tourney then we'll win the whole thing....As for recruits, Tubby landed three four star recruits...Derek Jasper, Jodie Meeks and Perry Stevenson...First two being guards should have immediate impacts for the Cats..while Perry Stevenson may land himself in the starting lineup at the four, for his defensive skills...Put those three with two star recruit Porter, who can shoot the ball the Cats should be pretty balanced and contender for the SEC as always....GO CATS
I think they will have a alright season, but they wont go deep in the NCAA tournamant
Who will step up to fill Rondo's shoes in the pointguard and Leading defensive player?
TennisCAT23 Wrote:I think we'll fair pretty well this year...I'm excited about them getting the opportunity to play in Maui again and I think if they get by Depaul and UCLA in the tourney then we'll win the whole thing....As for recruits, Tubby landed three four star recruits...Derek Jasper, Jodie Meeks and Perry Stevenson...First two being guards should have immediate impacts for the Cats..while Perry Stevenson may land himself in the starting lineup at the four, for his defensive skills...Put those three with two star recruit Porter, who can shoot the ball the Cats should be pretty balanced and contender for the SEC as always....GO CATS

Hopefully you're right about this. I'm a Uk supporter all the way, and would love to see them come out with a great team and season!:1:
ur_#1_fan Wrote:Who will step up to fill Rondo's shoes in the pointguard and Leading defensive player?
Ramel Bradley will probably start the season off as PG...I've heard he plays under control now and IMO he is a decent shooter.............
'06 UK Starting Lineup IMO
C. Morris..Top 3 in the SEC w/ Carter and Orbzub coming off the bench..depth at center may surprise some folks this year..Woo needs to show his abilities in this coming season
PF. Stevenson...definately the weakest position for the cats this year
SF. Bobby Perry...gets to move to his original position now that Stevenson arrived..should start coming into his own this season
SG.Joe Crawford...another guy that should come into his own this season...showed signs of greatness towards the latter stages of last year
PG..Ramel Bradley...Might have to fight off Porter or Jasper for this spot..but I think being the most experienced will put him in the starting 5..
I think this season will be a mirror of last season with more than 10 losses.
Who cares,,,,its football season pal.
If Morris has a great season will he get called up?
Perry needs to step it up and be a big time player.
Whos the go to guy this year????
TennisCAT23 Wrote:Ramel Bradley will probably start the season off as PG...I've heard he plays under control now and IMO he is a decent shooter.............
'06 UK Starting Lineup IMO
C. Morris..Top 3 in the SEC w/ Carter and Orbzub coming off the bench..depth at center may surprise some folks this year..Woo needs to show his abilities in this coming season
PF. Stevenson...definately the weakest position for the cats this year
SF. Bobby Perry...gets to move to his original position now that Stevenson arrived..should start coming into his own this season
SG.Joe Crawford...another guy that should come into his own this season...showed signs of greatness towards the latter stages of last year
PG..Ramel Bradley...Might have to fight off Porter or Jasper for this spot..but I think being the most experienced will put him in the starting 5..

who is stevenson? I'm not sure I've heard of him. I'm sure ramel bradley will be in the starting five at least until he's beaten out of the spot. He pulled through for uk many times last year. I also agree that Bobby Perry is a decent shooter, but there is room for improvement.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:If Morris has a great season will he get called up?
Perry needs to step it up and be a big time player.
Whos the go to guy this year????
\

I would say that it will more than likely be Joe Crawford. IMO he is either one of or the most talented on the team, and tubby will probably be relying on him quite a bit this year.
i think they will have a decent season...with the three 4 star recruits uk should be ok
I think they will have a great year, I see them going deep in the tournamant this year. Morris will be the man this year also Crawford will be one of the leaders
CAM2006 Wrote:I think they will have a great year, I see them going deep in the tournamant this year. Morris will be the man this year also Crawford will be one of the leaders

I hope you're right about tourny play, and I definately agree about Morris and Crawford!
i thought the starting line up was going to be. pg-bradley sg-crawford sf-Perry pf-morris C-Carter. But mayb i was wrong.
I'm hearing from someone who's close to the program that Jasper and Meeks are going to be huge additions to the team this year and that fans are in for a pleasant surprise.:letsparty
Hey its just two weeks away from Midnight Madness!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I'm excited to see the Outcome of Midnight madness.
TennisCAT23 Wrote:I think we'll fair pretty well this year...I'm excited about them getting the opportunity to play in Maui again and I think if they get by Depaul and UCLA in the tourney then we'll win the whole thing....As for recruits, Tubby landed three four star recruits...Derek Jasper, Jodie Meeks and Perry Stevenson...First two being guards should have immediate impacts for the Cats..while Perry Stevenson may land himself in the starting lineup at the four, for his defensive skills...Put those three with two star recruit Porter, who can shoot the ball the Cats should be pretty balanced and contender for the SEC as always....GO CATS
Take away at least one star from each player because that is what he will bring to the floor. The talant never seems to produce for Tubby, but whose fault is that, I do not know.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I'm hearing from someone who's close to the program that Jasper and Meeks are going to be huge additions to the team this year and that fans are in for a pleasant surprise.:letsparty

It doesn't take someone close to the program to know that Jasper, Meeks, and Stevenson were all great pick ups for UK.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:It doesn't take someone close to the program to know that Jasper, Meeks, and Stevenson were all great pick ups for UK.
True.
But this guy has seen them play in pick up games, so it's kind of like hearing it from the horse's mouth.
However, I'm not totally sold on Stevenson being much help for the near future. That's not true with Meeks and Jasper.
The Cats will contend!!!!
ur_#1_fan Wrote:Who will step up to fill Rondo's shoes in the pointguard and Leading defensive player?
Hope its a guy who can shoot better than Rondo.I couldnt stand this guys attitude,,good ridance but good luck in Boston.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Take away at least one star from each player because that is what he will bring to the floor. The talant never seems to produce for Tubby, but whose fault is that, I do not know.
no way man...by saying that you're saying Porter will actually be a one star?? he didn't play AAU I think so he didn't get scouted too often by the big scouts...he's in contention for that PG spot on the team and can shoot the ball...the whole rating thing doesn't really matter anyway...Adam Morrison was not even rated on rivals.com..and look where he is...I think Tubby did a fantastic job in addressing our needs this season...and these guys will click IMO
Its gonna be a rocky year for the Cats. Alot of ups and downs and I hate to say all of this b/c like everyone else on here I am a die-hard UK bball fan. Tubby did a pretty good recruiting job and should get alot of production out of them, but he is still on the hot-seat as of now, but I really do hope they have a great season and they are liable to, but as of now its looking pretty rocky.
tubby has said that morris my be starting in the 4 spot some, leaving the lineup as:
PG: Bradley
SG: Crawford
PF: Morris
SF: Perry
C: Woo or Carter