•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 2014
Dang, you guys are getting really excited. I guess this means that I can look forward to another preseason where we had a different thread on each individual player in the program. This time don't forget the towel boy.
Newjacket Wrote:Can't say that Skylar is already better. If he was then he would have started this year. He does have a different skill set that should give defenses fits. I know I live in the past talking about his middle school team, but people tend to think of his as only a wildcat option QB. He ran the same basic offense in middle school that the high school runs. He was a throw first QB and run 2nd. He will be a much better passer than people are giving him credit for. His arm isn't as strong, but he throws a much prettier and easier to catch deep ball than Dalton. Dalton will go down as one of the top 5 QB in the last 20 years at Williamsburg and he led us to our first state championship game, so I'm not trying to downgrade what he accomplished, just looking forward to the future.

As far as which freshman will have the most impact next year, I agree that Poore has the best chance, not only because of talent but mostly due to him being the more mature mentally and ready to listen to coach and do what is asked of him. The other two are more physically gifted, but have a lot of growing up to do before they will be ready to contribute.
What about the other two are more physically gifted,but have a lot of growing up to do before they will be ready to contribute,Do you know that over half of these junior started as a freshman and these other two are gifted sound like we have a good problem in Williamsburg :Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Dang 64, yall are gonna have to give the rest of us a fighting chance.
mysonis55 Wrote:Dang, you guys are getting really excited. I guess this means that I can look forward to another preseason where we had a different thread on each individual player in the program. This time don't forget the towel boy.

don't need to this season. We did that last year and we get all of those guys back.
HardToBeat Wrote:IMO.. Skyler is already better then Dalton.. Skyler was needed at receiver so that’s the reason he played that postion. Dalton has the stronger arm but that is the only thing he has on Skyler.. Teams are going to have to put more people in the box to be able to equal out Skyler's running ability. This will lead to more man coverage against a really good receiving core.. If Andrew comes back then we are a better team than we were last year.. Everyone is older and they know what they want. As far as the freshman.. I actually talked to one of the high school coaches and the player they think will get the most PT is the Poore kid..

Got to love them homers in the Burg,the fact is it took all those Corbin kids and I don't know what area claimed Sizemore since he has been around to go down there and put them on the map. The bottom line is if you have had all those great players and never accomplished anything,then they are a legend in their own mine. The only way the Burg is a better team next year is simple go down and win one more game being in Bowling Green till then this years team is the best team ever, Sizemore with all his accomplishments has proven his self a winner, and the best qb to play at that school till someone wins a championship and Iknow a little about the QB position and can tell you arm,legs,strength is only half courage,intelligence and leadership is just as important.Yeah this one is better,and if this one is healthy,and if this one had to play another position don't mean squat, like the old saying could've, should've but didn't.
All at once williamsburg has become a football town, after 80 years of not winning a region, semi final game and never getting to the state championship.Williamsburg has been the door mat in the district in every sport, as we refered to them the Loserville of the South, till they included these outside kids to get them over the hump. Will the Poore kid be a sophomore next year and what position does he play?
1/4bak Wrote:Got to love them homers in the Burg,the fact is it took all those Corbin kids and I don't know what area claimed Sizemore since he has been around to go down there and put them on the map. The bottom line is if you have had all those great players and never accomplished anything,then they are a legend in their own mine. The only way the Burg is a better team next year is simple go down and win one more game being in Bowling Green till then this years team is the best team ever, Sizemore with all his accomplishments has proven his self a winner, and the best qb to play at that school till someone wins a championship and Iknow a little about the QB position and can tell you arm,legs,strength is only half courage,intelligence and leadership is just as important.Yeah this one is better,and if this one is healthy,and if this one had to play another position don't mean squat, like the old saying could've, should've but didn't.
All at once williamsburg has become a football town, after 80 years of not winning a region, semi final game and never getting to the state championship.Williamsburg has been the door mat in the district in every sport, as we refered to them the Loserville of the South, till they included these outside kids to get them over the hump. Will the Poore kid be a sophomore next year and what position does he play?

Nobody twisted those boys arms to get them to Williamsburg. They came because of recent success and more importantly, style of play. Until Corbin and Whitley figure out that kids today like the spread offense and not the old grind it out style, they will keep coming.
Newjacket Wrote:Nobody twisted those boys arms to get them to Williamsburg. They came because of recent success and more importantly, style of play. Until Corbin and Whitley figure out that kids today like the spread offense and not the old grind it out style, they will keep coming.

Your name indicates that you have not always been a jacket, were you a red hound or colonel in the pastConfusednicker:
1/4bak Wrote:Your name indicates that you have not always been a jacket, were you a red hound or colonel in the pastConfusednicker:

I will say my son begged me to transfer to Williamsburg and he absolutely loves it. Would not go back to old school for anything.
Whitley will receive some transfers when they hire their new head coach
pjdoug Wrote:Whitley will receive some transfers when they hire their new head coach

After Christmas the new coach will be introduced and yes a new beginning for Whitley football and a lot of interested kids from both Corbin and Williamsburg may want to be part of this program and be coached by al legend. Corbin has large numbers and can't play enough to keep people happy, throw in the daddy factor and you could see kids heading south, Williamsburg will graduate a lot next year and without a good recruiter they should return to their old form in 2015.
Whitley doesn't need transfers to be successful.
They have to get a coach that will get more than 30 boys, half of which are freshmen out to play football. When you have a school with over 600 boys in it, numbers should not be a problem, and if it is a problem, that falls square on the shoulders of the coach and nobody else.

Wburg can keep there transfers, all Whitleys new coach has to do it get kids to play ball, and the rest will fall into place, and I think HE will....
Newjacket Wrote:The QB job is Skylar's. Little Sizemore won't start as a freshman. Truth is the only other possible person that could start is Skylar's little brother, Andrew. The job would be his if he hadn't sat out this year.

Think about this Newjacket

1.who going to replace Skylar 1000 plus yds at Receiver name just one
2.Andrew Griffith has he ever play qb I dont.you said the job would be his if he hadn't sat out this year.
3.Cameron Sizemore is a stud will be one of the biggest qb in 1A in the east comes from a family blood line of qb.The future is now Williamsburg will lose 17 senior next year. think about it when you call a kid little sizemore in the future.Player love to follow future stars just saying. Confusederiously:
Wow. Things are shaking up in the Burg. Gotta love it. Raceland is facing the same problems at QB...problem is, we are looking to replace leadership. Both guys capable of Running our offense are faster, taller, and have stronger arms. They better be faster too! They gery well coukd be runnig for their lives. The oline remains a large wuestion mark for the Rams.

Williamsburg's success laid in the QUICK hands of Sizemore and the years within the system. I know the kids at Wburg start learning the Franklin Ace package from an early age. The Z digs, Y slants, Mesh routes, the Shallow series. They rarely ran out of a pro set or under center. IMO they need to tet a kid in at QB that gives them the greatest chance to win in not only 2014, but years to come. Unless they just want to give this years jr class(next yrs sr class) a shot at revenge, if it were me and I had the opportunity, I would take my most prepared/Able young QB and let Griffith keep givig team fits on the outside.

Imo, if Wburg starts Griffith, they are priming to make a run and start rebuilding in 2015. If a young blood starts, they are building for something in the future. Kind of a dbl edged sword. That, to me, would be the hardest part of being a HS/College coach. Do you coach for the here and now? YES you gotta and wanna win games. But, sometimes you have to take a step back and look at whats best for the program as a whole.
Who plays QB will hinge on if Andrew plays next year and how much Camron grows...As good as Skylar is at WR, Andrew at 6-5 can be just as good...It's a lot to ask for Camron to start next year, as good as Dalton was he wasn't ready as a Fr...The chips will fall with Andrews decision...
In the last 10 years here is the ranking of the QB's in williamsburg.
1. Greer
2. Moses
3. Frazier
4. Sizemore
Also 64.. Didnt Sizemore's younger brother not even finish the season with the Middle school team? So you really think that he is going to be able to lead a high school team.. Come on man.. Just stop everyone knows you are there family..
HardToBeat Wrote:Also 64.. Didnt Sizemore's younger brother not even finish the season with the Middle school team? So you really think that he is going to be able to lead a high school team.. Come on man.. Just stop everyone knows you are there family..

HardToBeat Yes i i'm kin to the sizemore family and dam proud of it.I live in London kentucky.Ask the middle school coach what happen. :lmao:
Sizemore friend and proud of it.
64SUR Wrote:HardToBeat Yes i i'm kin to the sizemore family and dam proud of it.I live in London kentucky.Ask the middle school coach what happen. :lmao:

So your saying the coach was the one that made his QB stop playing the last week of the season and the first round of playoffs??? Yeah you do have a good point... :lame:
64SUR Wrote:Think about this Newjacket

1.who going to replace Skylar 1000 plus yds at Receiver name just one
2.Andrew Griffith has he ever play qb I dont.you said the job would be his if he hadn't sat out this year.
3.Cameron Sizemore is a stud will be one of the biggest qb in 1A in the east comes from a family blood line of qb.The future is now Williamsburg will lose 17 senior next year. think about it when you call a kid little sizemore in the future.Player love to follow future stars just saying. Confusederiously:

Everyone around the program knows Andrew was being primed to take over as QB next year when he was a freshman and before he got hurt. If that is news to you then you weren't paying attention. Replacing Skylar at WR is a problem, but we still have Shelton, Lowery and Rose-Creekmore. There are kids that can fill the other spot even if Andrew doesn't come back. If you think there is any chance little Sizemore starts at QB next year, you really have no clue.
I don’t know why everyone is worried about Andrew and Cameron. No one is even sure that either one of them will play. I have heard that Andrew wasn’t going to play and I have also heard that Cameron might not even be at Williamsburg. Guys let’s focus on what we know we got and go from there.
Newjacket Wrote:Everyone around the program knows Andrew was being primed to take over as QB next year when he was a freshman and before he got hurt. If that is news to you then you weren't paying attention. Replacing Skylar at WR is a problem, but we still have Shelton, Lowery and Rose-Creekmore. There are kids that can fill the other spot even if Andrew doesn't come back. If you think there is any chance little Sizemore starts at QB next year, you really have no clue.

News to me if he was getting primed at QB.I was paying attention never seen him on the field this year.Was he setting with you in the bleacher getting primed.Listen Newjacket i started this thread about williamsburg losing 7 senior.Now i wish some other :moon: hole would have step up and started a thread about williamsburg it took an outsider to do it from London Kentucky.From now on you will be Little Newjacket the primer :biglmao:
HardToBeat Wrote:So your saying the coach was the one that made his QB stop playing the last week of the season and the first round of playoffs??? Yeah you do have a good point... :lame:

Hell yeah HardToBeat or HardToUnderstand trying to move a qb week before playoff to a receiver.I Don't blame his Dad,this is not an x-box game where you can start over an play another game if it don't work.I blame it on the coach which maybe you.:HitWall:
Mr.November Wrote:I don’t know why everyone is worried about Andrew and Cameron. No one is even sure that either one of them will play. I have heard that Andrew wasn’t going to play and I have also heard that Cameron might not even be at Williamsburg. Guys let’s focus on what we know we got and go from there.

I agree, Andrew is still undecided and Cameron has logistics issues with Dalton being gone. The players coming back are more than enough to go all the way next year. Just like to speculate on what could happen if the cards play out right. Andrew is easily the best pure athlete at the school and it would be great to see him out there on Friday nights. Cameron could very well develop into an elite QB, but it won't be next year. As stated before, he has a lot of growing up to do, but most kids his age do. I'm sure he will figure it out. As far as what we know is coming back, it will be fun to watch. I'm hearing good things about attitude so far. Most everyone has been hitting the weight room hard getting ready. The oline should be much better. Dunn seems ready for a break out year. Hear he is skipping Bball to get stronger. Wilson will be an upgrade at the other tackle as he is bigger and stronger than kid he is replacing. Caddell and Lamoree will be back bigger and stronger and or course the big guy, regional player of the year, Chris Helton will be back to anchor the line on both sides of the ball. These guys will give whomever plays QB time to find a receiver.
I have asked a member of the coaching staff about the quarterbacks for next year, and I was told we have been trainning three kids to play qb for next year. Not all of them received game reps, but they did receive practice reps. AT this point I think any of the three could run reps at Quarterback. There is no use arguing the merits of Sizemore vs. Skylar, because it is not a competition. Williamsburg will be a good team next year!!!

As far as the talk about Whitley transfers, no Whitley transfer started for Williamsburg last year. I am pretty sure that some Williamsburg kids have transfered to Whitley. Who cares, one teams success never has affected the other.
64SUR Wrote:News to me if he was getting primed at QB.I was paying attention never seen him on the field this year.Was he setting with you in the bleacher getting primed.Listen Newjacket i started this thread about williamsburg losing 7 senior.Now i wish some other :moon: hole would have step up and started a thread about williamsburg it took an outsider to do it from London Kentucky.From now on you will be Little Newjacket the primer :biglmao:

Now that I know you are a Sizemore fan and not a Williamsburg fan, I will not have to worry about you next year anyway.
64SUR Wrote:Hell yeah HardToBeat or HardToUnderstand trying to move a qb week before playoff to a receiver.I Don't blame his Dad,this is not an x-box game where you can start over an play another game if it don't work.I blame it on the coach which maybe you.:HitWall:

It's a coaches responsibiltiy to do whatever is the best for the TEAM not individual players. The coach didn't quit on his player, the kid quit on his coaches, teammates, and community. Not to mention the parent quit on his son for allowing him to quit like that. That's great life lessons "when life gets hard just quit."
64SUR Wrote:Hell yeah HardToBeat or HardToUnderstand trying to move a qb week before playoff to a receiver.I Don't blame his Dad,this is not an x-box game where you can start over an play another game if it don't work.I blame it on the coach which maybe you.:HitWall:

Well i hope Coach Herron doesn’t do something that you all don’t like.. Sounds like it’s the parents way or the high way.. Any other Williamsburg fan like 64's outlook on TEAM..
South laurel @ north
Halls, TN home
Pike co. Central home
Harrison co. Away
Wayne co. Away
Campbellsvile home
Berea away
Lynn camp home
Pineville home

And an extra open game week 4 to fill
Skylar is the easy choice for qb. Just as strong an arm as Dalton with better accuracy, speed, and decision making. Only question is, if he plays qb who can step in for him at safety?
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next