Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Gas Prices
When gas prices started going up last year everyone was blaming President Bush saying he was in with big oil, but now that gas prices have gone down about $0.70 per gal. no one is giving the Pres. any credit for the drop in prices. Some are saying that the drop is due to the upcoming election. The man doesn't stand a chance either way.
I don't care who or what is causing the drop in prices.... I just thank god!! It's about time.... It's bad when you can vacation in Myrtle Beach in the dead of summer and get gas CHEAPER there than in Pike. Co!!!
Why is it bad that gas is cheaper there? There are costs to transport the gas to the stations causing the price to be higher in some regions than others.

But in Richmond, VA, gas is $2.19. How are the prices across KY?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old School Wrote:When gas prices started going up last year everyone was blaming President Bush saying he was in with big oil, but now that gas prices have gone down about $0.70 per gal. no one is giving the Pres. any credit for the drop in prices. Some are saying that the drop is due to the upcoming election. The man doesn't stand a chance either way.

He won't even run again, a president can only serve two terms (Constitution *I think it's the Constitution* says 4, but no president has ever run again after 2, kind of like tradition now)
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
--
BFritz Wrote:He won't even run again, a president can only serve two terms (Constitution *I think it's the Constitution* says 4, but no president has ever run again after 2, kind of like tradition now)

I don't think he was actually referring to standing a chance in an election, but rather standing in a good, positive light with the majority of people.

As for terms, you are limited to winning 2 elections, or a total of 10 years as President (you can pick up an additional 2 years if you were maybe a VP before and had to be a fill-in).
In Barbourville it's $2.09 per gallon.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Pburg its 2.36
its as low as 2.33 in paintsville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
BFritz Wrote:He won't even run again, a president can only serve two terms (Constitution *I think it's the Constitution* says 4, but no president has ever run again after 2, kind of like tradition now)

I was referring to a comment made on a radio show "That Bush was dropping gas prices to help the Republicans win or retain their current seats"
2.49 in Phelps... What I was referring to during the summer months was in July... gas was 2.99 a gallon here.. BUT in Myrtle Beach... A BUSY tourist area that could charge higher prices and get away with it... gas was only 2.69!!!
I can't believe it costs that much in EKY. It ranges from 2.02-2.05 all around Lexington.
I guess it just takes time to make it through the hills
My sis lives in Lex/Louisville area and she said that is almost 40 cents cheaper there!!
football05 Wrote:I guess it just takes time to make it through the hills

It shouldn't, there is a major refinery less than 3 hrs away......
well who knows JD I guess we r still getting screwed without the vasoline
$2.03 this morning in Lexington on Winchester Rd. $2.11 on Main St. in Richmond.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
The cheapest I saw was $2.02 yesterday in Lexington...
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was $2.34-2.36 in Pikeville.

Prestonsburg was usually higher than in Pikeville but the other day it seemed they were running even.

It was 2.11 at the Wal Mart in Richmond last night
2.38 to 2.42 here in Flatwoods. I can be to the Ashland Oil refinery in about 10-15 minutes from my house. Can't understand it costing more to truck it to Ashland than to Lexington but what do I know.
LOLOL... I agree Midee.... it doesn't sound logical!!!
In Louisville when I came back last night I saw it as low as 2.09. I normally stop off at the Pilot on exit 28 off of 64, they seem to have the lowest prices.
1.99 here in Lexington in several places today.
Last night it was $2.09 in Richmond... but it will probably go down more in the next couple days since it has in Lexington... it always does
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Went down to 2.39 in Phelps yesterday... YEAH... we are catching up with the rest of the state!!!!
It went up yesterday in Lexington to $2.22 but is still at $2.09 in Richmond. I am so mad about it!
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
Cali Wrote:It went up yesterday in Lexington to $2.22 but is still at $2.09 in Richmond. I am so mad about it!

Where in the world did it go up to 2.22? It's stayed at 2.01 in Central Lexington and is the same today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What I dont understand is, last basketball season we went to Ashland for a game. Gas was cheaper here in Pikeville than it was in Ashland. Isnt there a refinery in or right outside of Ashland?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
alfus21 Wrote:Where in the world did it go up to 2.22? It's stayed at 2.01 in Central Lexington and is the same today.

I saw $2.20+ at Mercer and Georgetown Rd on the way back from work.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What I dont understand is, last basketball season we went to Ashland for a game. Gas was cheaper here in Pikeville than it was in Ashland. Isnt there a refinery in or right outside of Ashland?
IT doesn't go straight from the refinery to the station. It first has to go to a middle man (most of the time) that then distributes to the stations. Also, supply v. demand takes effect everywhere along with "gas wars"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]