Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Weather
Lets here it.
Whats going on around the state....

Roads covered here. It came on quick.
Starting to get covered around 6:00 in Shelbyville. I hope they clear up by tomorrow when I head to Raceland to see my parents, then to North Carolina on Sat. I have had enough of this cold and snow, I am ready to go back to the mild winter of Eastern NC., where it will be 70 degrees on Sunday.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3-5" in Greater Cincinnati, was 34 at 8am, now 16 with single digit wind chills……wooo friggin who!

Stay warm and bring those pets and spouses indoors tonight Confusednicker: !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
15 degrees here now.
Half inch of ice, or so, under a couple inches of snow here. Roads are treacherous and the crews working them aren't doing much good. After all, you can't do a whole lot when the temperature is 12.
Within the last 30 mins we dropped from a balmy 5 to 3 degrees in NKY. Stay safe and warm today, going to be an arctic one!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The main roads are ok here in Perry, back roads is a different story.
Roads here are fine, but for the first time I had my pipes freeze last night.
It hasn't been this cold since I bought this house.
Hmmm...need to wrap your pipes!!

Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Roads here are fine, but for the first time I had my pipes freeze last night.
It hasn't been this cold since I bought this house.

Man you need to get that taken care of before the real cold stuff comes in on Monday. As granny said wrap them suckers good! Cause if they froze last night they will bust Monday or Tuesday.
If you can't wrap them you need to turn your water on a let it run all night so they don't freeze
Granny Bear Wrote:Hmmm...need to wrap your pipes!!

Wink

I love it when you talk dirty! I'll ask Mr's Dusty if she will help do just that, and I'll be sure to tell her it was your idea......

:hilarious:
Confusednicker:

I did wrap them.
My house is extremely close to the ground in some places, and I thought they were wrapped all over. My house is older, but completely refurnished with new floors, etc. but I guess they forgot to wrap the pipes toward the front of the house.

Needless to say, I wrapped them all today.
No pipes busted so im fine.
Prior to our -2 high for Monday in NKY were expecting 4-10 inches of snow based on storm track.

Expecting 1-6 down your alls way based on the track. You better do better than wrap those pipes. You better warm them as well!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Down here, you get the occasional car running into a light pole when its slick.
You got to have back up. I always have wood ready to go by the fireplace.
Looks like the real cold stuff is going to roll in first of the week. Everybody better make sure their pipes, etc. are taken care of before then. Well diggers, witches, and brass monkeys are gonna be in trouble!
^^
Confusednicker:

Talk dirty???? Well, let's see....wrap your pipes, plug up your holes, make it hotter Wink....protect the testicles of the brass monkeys and the breasts of the witch! Do not concern yourself with the buttocks of the well digger!

:lmao:

It's obviously much later than I've been up in years!!!!!
Good night folks.
If you think it cold now you haven't seen cold yet. I spent the better part of 11 years between Montana and Wisconsin. It gets cold there, I've seen it were the highs was -5 and the lows be around -40 without the wind chill. So trust me when I say this isn't that cold it not. But it is by Kentucky standards I guess!!!

Bring on the snow and the cold I love it!!!
^
Bring on the 75 degree weather.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Bring on the 75 degree weather.

Maybe in April?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^
Hopefully March
Could even be February, BUT better make sure you take some extra measures tomorrow or you'll have pipes bursting like popcorn on Monday morning!
^
:truestory:
Granny Bear Wrote:Could even be February, BUT better make sure you take some extra measures tomorrow or you'll have pipes bursting like popcorn on Monday morning!

With copper pipes the break doesn't occur until the thaw 1-3 days later. Unfortunately I've experienced this first hand and it is a pain in the arse between clean up, repair, dry wall, and finish work.

If folks just let their sinks, tubs, shower drip steadily they will not freeze. The uptick in this months water bill will be much more beneficial than the expense to have to clean up and repair a burst pipe.

Stay warm folks, just saw a report of -25 to -40 wind chills between early Monday and Wednesday. Coldest temps we've experienced in 20 years!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
^
If your pipes freeze, than thaw, and then freeze again, you are doomed. That's when that copper goes to crap.

You are right though. Got to let those faucets drip.
By this time tomorrow it's going to be a nasty day for those of us who have to work and drive in this stuff. Please everyone take your time and drive safe!!! Remember to give yourself a little extra time to get to where your going.
All joking aside, have a lighter, blankets, extra clothes, gloves, hats in your vehicles. Fill up your gas tanks today as well. Don't forget to pull wiper blades of the windshield before everything freezes tonight, unless you have garage of course…..lol

Frost bite at -40 takes less than 5 mins to exposed skin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Stupid weatherman
nky Wrote:Stupid weatherman

It's coming NKY, the cold that is. We dropped from 48-38 degrees in Northern Campbell County in the last hour.

Temps will be 70 degrees lower with windchill 24 hours from now!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Roads weren't as bad this morning as I thought they would be but the 10 minute walk into work was difficult...
I don't trust words, I trust action...