Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Classic
Here is our preview and breakdown of the teams in the this week's WYMT Mountain Classic.

WYMT Mountain Classic
We only previewed the boys' tournament.

Here is the full schedule, per WYMT (girls included):

27th Annual WYMT Whayne Supply Mountain Basketball Classic
Host: Knott County Central High School - Hindman, Ky.

Girls
Monday, January 6th
6:30pm - No. 5 Harlan Co. vs. No. 6 Magoffin Co. - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

8:30pm - No. 1 Bell Co. vs. No. 9 Leslie Co. - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

Thursday, January 9th
5:00pm - Bell Co./Leslie Co. loser vs. Harlan Co./Magoffin Co. loser - Live at WYMT.com

Saturday, January 11th
6:45pm - Championship Game - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

Boys
Tuesday, January 7th
6:30pm - No. 2 Perry Central vs. Bell Co. - Live at WYMT.com

8:30pm - No. 6 Cordia vs. Lawrence Co. - Live at WYMT.com

Wednesday, January 8th
6:30pm - No. 1 Knott Central vs. Middlesboro - Live at WYMT.com

8:30pm - No. 7 Hazard vs. No. 10 Jackson Co. - Live at WYMT.com

Thursday, January 9th
6:45pm - Perry Central/Bell Co. loser vs. Cordia/Lawrence Co. loser - Live at WYMT.com

8:30pm - Knott Central/Middlesboeo loser vs. Hazard/Jackson Co. loser - Live at WYMT.com

Friday, January 10th
6:30pm - Semi-Final #1 (Perry Central/Bell Co. winner vs. Cordia/Lawrence Co. winner) - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

8:30pm - Semi-Final #2 (Knott Central/Middlesboro winner vs. Hazard/Jackson Co. winner) - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

Saturday, January 11th
5:00pm - Third Place Game (Semi-Final #1 loser vs. Semi-Final #2 Loser) - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com

8:30pm - Championship Game - Live on WYMT and at WYMT.com
At the bottom of the preview, you can check out my full predictions.

Let's hear your predictions for the tournament?
I can not wait for the excuses.
insideinfo Wrote:I can not wait for the excuses.

From...?
TriCountySports Wrote:From...?

From anyone in the 14th they have never just got beat by a better team. It's either the referee cheated, somebody was sick, didn't get to eat home cooking , and my all time favorite they cheated they out recruited us.
Well, Bell Co, Middlesboro, and Jackson Co all have a chance to beat a 14th Region team.
TriCountySports Wrote:Well, Bell Co, Middlesboro, and Jackson Co all have a chance to beat a 14th Region team.

Jackson has a small chance.But I think it will end up 14th region semi :Cheerlead
I think Jackson can beat Hazard, unless they have those German exchange students I heard about. Then it'll be tough.
TriCountySports Wrote:I think Jackson can beat Hazard, unless they have those German exchange students I heard about. Then it'll be tough.

Serbian exchange students 14th regions is tough but I like said a very small chance :rockon:
I enjoy your previews. Keep up the good work.
WYMT has decided to postpone the first night of the Mountain Classic.

As of now...
the girls games that were supposed to happen tomorrow will be split up and played before the boys games on Tuesday and Wednesday.

WYMT is taking it day-by-day and will make a decision tomorrow if any other delays are needed.
Safety first!
Scholarship ceremony is tomorrow night (pending weather).
Smart move by WYMT, miserable conditions outside.
Eastern Kentucky must have gotten a lot more snow than us. We barely got a dusting in the Louisville area.
blue1424 Wrote:Eastern Kentucky must have gotten a lot more snow than us. We barely got a dusting in the Louisville area.

Flat land vs hills. Road conditions that can be easily driven on in the flat are next to impassible when you add hills to the mix.

The temps are also going to be so cold that salt will not keep the roads clear, temps projected to be below zero for the times these games were scheduled to be played.
Altro Cat Wrote:Flat land vs hills. Road conditions that can be easily driven on in the flat are next to impassible when you add hills to the mix.

The temps are also going to be so cold that salt will not keep the roads clear, temps projected to be below zero for the times these games were scheduled to be played.

Yeah I understand that driving conditions are much worse in the mountains, but we didn't even get any snow on the roads here. It must have skipped over us and headed east. We did get all the cold though, right now the temperature is 0.
The biggest thing that has Eastern Kentucky isn't the snow...
it's the fact that the roads will be a solid sheet of ice by tonight and will likely be that way for some time.
blue1424 Wrote:Yeah I understand that driving conditions are much worse in the mountains, but we didn't even get any snow on the roads here. It must have skipped over us and headed east. We did get all the cold though, right now the temperature is 0.

I'm in Breathitt County and we got a pretty solid couple of inches here by the river, I'm sure the ridges and hilltops got an inch or two more as they always do.
Girls' games were postponed, but it looks like the boys schedule remains unchanged. We'll see if any changes are made tomorrow.
New schedule posted

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...53611.html
TriCountySports Wrote:I think Jackson can beat Hazard, unless they have those German exchange students I heard about. Then it'll be tough.

By the end of the tournament they will have some Russian exchange student they flew end just in case they need them.
insideinfo Wrote:By the end of the tournament they will have some Russian exchange student they flew end just in case they need them.

I'm not on here to start rumors. I am just posting what I heard. There may be absolutely no truth to it at all.
TriCountySports Wrote:I'm not on here to start rumors. I am just posting what I heard. There may be absolutely no truth to it at all.

I'm not bad mouthing you just making fun of the 14th. They had a thread back in the summer As The World Turns In The 14th. It was dead on. Read some of there thread it is as good of comedy as you can get. They just took one of there threads off today. Good stuff over there.
Jealousy will get you nowhere little info.
insideinfo Wrote:I'm not bad mouthing you just making fun of the 14th. They had a thread back in the summer As The World Turns In The 14th. It was dead on. Read some of there thread it is as good of comedy as you can get. They just took one of there threads off today. Good stuff over there.

I knew you weren't saying anything toward me. I was just clarifying.
There are no longer any consolation games for the boys tournament. First round losers are out for good.
Hauler Wrote:Jealousy will get you nowhere little info.

Jealousy LOL. I've got nothing to be jealous about I'm a Knox Central football fan and if our fans get on here making excuses I give them hell to. I do not believe in excuses they are only for losers
It just sounds old, guess I haven't been on here long enough to hear you talk about anything else.