Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New Pikeville Soccer Forum
Since the other Forum got out of hand, I decided to start a new one.....
This one will be under close watch.
I believe that it is time to bring something to everyones attention, it seems that people are forgetting that belfry will be starting a soccer team next year, and this is bad for all of us pc and p'ville kids because belfry has withoutadoubt the best feeder programs for soccer in eastern kentucky, everyone that plays in their league will go to belfry,unlike the pcysa on this side of the hill, it is divided up among players from pikeville, shelby valley, and pike central. so look for belfry to become a very big threat, if not in their first year of competition, i really doubt it will be along time coming before we hail to the pirates.... some of the best coaches in the area are involved in the feeder programs like Luis Mendoza and Chadron Haridas who are two coaches that demand respect and are very disciplned, and we all know how the coaches in other leagues arond here are viewed, they are viewed as idiots and no one respects them. And it is rumored on that side of the hill that luis and chadron will be taking the BHS jobs. As for players, the school is full of athletes and i have friends at bhs who speak of a soccer revolution at the school, many new faces will be playing in the belfry area league this spring and with athletes it doesn't take long to become very affective on the pitch.
right now i do not see belfry as a threat in this area...this are my reasons why:
1) they have not played varsity soccer before, which is very very different from rec. league
2) im thinking they dont have a player, or players, that love the game and play at to the best of the ability b/c if so, they would have moved in recent years to a school that offered soccer- i know if i went to a school that didnt have soccer id go to one that did..im sure u would too
3) it'll take them a couple of yearsto build a program..as any other sport in their first year

but..i do think if they have good coaching that they will certainly be able to improve more rapidly then local teams, and if they can get the athletes ...they should be ok
I wish East Ridge would get a soccer team. I mean, we have a soccer field, so why do we not have a team?
Good question JS. The soccer field was completed before the football field, but it turned into the practice field.
"phs20white" Wrote:right now i do not see belfry as a threat in this area...this are my reasons why:
1) they have not played varsity soccer before, which is very very different from rec. league
2) im thinking they dont have a player, or players, that love the game and play at to the best of the ability b/c if so, they would have moved in recent years to a school that offered soccer- i know if i went to a school that didnt have soccer id go to one that did..im sure u would too
3) it'll take them a couple of yearsto build a program..as any other sport in their first year

but..i do think if they have good coaching that they will certainly be able to improve more rapidly then local teams, and if they can get the athletes ...they should be ok

Belfry may be a threat, but not in the near future...it takes teams time to grow, take Pikeville for an example.
"phsplyr17" Wrote:
"phs20white" Wrote:right now i do not see belfry as a threat in this area...this are my reasons why:

Belfry may be a threat, but not in the near future...it takes teams time to grow, take Pikeville for an example.
I would have to disagree there, at pc it didn't take but one year to become district runner ups. it took pikeville 4 years to win district. but arguing over things like this do not solve anything, i just love to see the game grow.
"FUßBALLLIEBE" Wrote:
"phsplyr17" Wrote:

I would have to disagree there, at pc it didn't take but one year to become district runner ups. it took pikeville 4 years to win district. but arguing over things like this do not solve anything, i just love to see the game grow.

I have a quick question for you??? How can it take Pikeville 4 years to win district when we have only had a team for 3 ? There is something with Pike Central and Math.
Just another point, it's first 2 seasons Pikeville played in a completely different district than last year, and no team in the 32nd could anywhere compete with the Paul Blazers' and Russells of 2 years ago.

So again, like most times, I disagree with you.
i dont c ER getting a team
Belfry will and will b good once they get one
ur right PHS pikeville did play in a harder district b-4 this yr
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:i dont c ER getting a team
Belfry will and will b good once they get one
ur right PHS pikeville did play in a harder district b-4 this yr

im intrested to see what they bring? is there anyword on HAZARD getting a team, i was glancing at the schedule from calvin, and i thought i saw them on there, i may be mistaken and somebody correct me if i wrong.

Pikeville will have a down year next year, but im eager to see them play.
I think Belfry will be good...
and u guys didnt see us as a threat either... but obviously we proved u guys wrong when we was robbed from 8 goals in one game because someones dad has to ref the games for them... is that how u guys are going to win district next year because that will be the only way u guys win district especially with the new challenge of belfry
"alleysplat" Wrote:I think Belfry will be good...
and u guys didnt see us as a threat either... but obviously we proved u guys wrong when we was robbed from 8 goals in one game because someones dad has to ref the games for them... is that how u guys are going to win district next year because that will be the only way u guys win district especially with the new challenge of belfry

what game are you talking about as?
belfry will be good next year
i wanna watch p-ville play next year after we lose these seniors i think that p-ville boys will really suck i mean we're losing some great plyrs.
the boys will not be any good next year with the exception of about 2 or 3 players.
go pikeville
were not goonna suck there gonna have me nxt year :twisted: PDT_Love_:
belfry will dominate next year
PHSplayer 17 i am talking about the game when one of ur players dad was coaching and counted like 8 of our goals offsides and if u guys didnt have that special help then we would have won by a large margin ... and oo yeh all of those other games where u had him reffing as well im pretty sure if we had special help we would have been winning as well
What happened to it?
the district champs next year will be Pike Central
"alleysplat" Wrote:PHSplayer 17 i am talking about the game when one of ur players dad was coaching and counted like 8 of our goals offsides and if u guys didnt have that special help then we would have won by a large margin ... and oo yeh all of those other games where u had him reffing as well im pretty sure if we had special help we would have been winning as well

When big rick burchfield was coachin, he was more strict on pikeville, not the other team. though every ref makes mistakes it goes both ways.
That is a generalization.
"Jesus Shuttlesworth" Wrote:I wish East Ridge would get a soccer team. I mean, we have a soccer field, so why do we not have a team?

Pike Central has had a tennis court since the school opened, and to this day I don't think I've ever see a game of tennis played on it.
they have a tennis team CTD
"VonWafer_FSU" Wrote:belfry will dominate next year

How do you know? Your not even from Belfry and theyve never had a team. Belfry like all teams will take a few years to be good.
that's true youknowwhoibe
take p-ville for example it's taken them 3 years to get to district champs
which i have to say was quite impressing for the guys and i believe they did a great job.
They played their heart out on that field.
everyone is a threat! Look at lcc last year and now new people every year!