Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle county coaching vancancy
Who will Boyle go after now that coach French has resigned?
Boyle County athletic director Chris Lemonds is good friends with John Hodge of Bourbon County so he will be the first coach they contact. Whether Coach Hodge takes the job or not, who knows. This could be interesting.
I was told Friday that Hodge would be contacted if Larry left,and my source is pretty reliable he also said that he thought Chuck Smith probably would be asked about the job to see if he had any interest.
Regardless of whatever anyone thinks, John Hodge would be a great fit for Boyle County. Chuck Smith mentored him at Boyle County during his earlier coaching years. Not to mention, he learned a little from Coach Pardue and Coach French before taking the HC job at Bourbon County. He will bring a lot of energy and excitement to Boyle County if he is contacted and takes the job.
I would sure love to see Smith come back but I think Hodge will be the next coach at Boyle.
Why would anyone want to coach here. So they can watch the soccer team practice and play on the football field while they're rolling in mud... To much bs here that's why French left..
I'll be very surprised if hodge takes it....
What about Robbie Lucas from Somerset? Great coach and i believe he lives in the area.
Letton?
Jerry Perry?
Hodge?
Lucas?
Not the same job that it use to be! Any good coach would be crazy to take it! Coach French was 72-11, 4 perfect regular seasons in 6 years and they run him off! WOW
I think there was only one person Larry had problems with at Boyle, but I'm told that one person was one of the main reasons he left.
Hodge has a good thing at bourbon and an easy path to semi's in this alignment.
The talk in the Somerset area is Coach Lucas would love the opportunity to coach at Boyle!! He is a great coach!!! It also helps that he wants out of Somerset because he graduated all his studs this year!!!
William Muney Wrote:Hodge has a good thing at bourbon and an easy path to semi's in this alignment.

According to some in the 2015 realignment….. some have said that Boyle will be moving down to 3A with Bourbon County going to 4A.

The KHSAA recently released the 2013/2014 numbers
Boyle County 384 (This would have them in 3A)
Bourbon County 460 (4A numbers) some others Highlands, John Hardin, Johnson Central, Warren Central

Would make me think about the future.
Also….The KHSAA released a letter today that stated that a first draft of the 2015-18 alignment to the Board of Control will be released at its April meeting.
I would think the realignment stuff would play a factor on who takes the job. In saying that, I think Boyle can win in any class. Some are more difficult than others.
My No1 pick would be John Hodge, 2nd pick Lucas out of Somerset, but I really like Hodge. He has many connections with Boyle, he knows the program.
This just in, the Dud was in Perryville looking at houses for sale. Must be a done deal like Whitley was?????

Will mason get a shot at the HC postion?
William Muney Wrote:This just in, the Dud was in Perryville looking at houses for sale. Must be a done deal like Whitley was?????

Will mason get a shot at the HC postion?

I've been told that Mason is not coming back to coach football next year I think he's coaching softball at Center college and is going to concentrate on that full time.
Ive heard Mark Dixon from Hazard will be thrown into the mix.
Coach Mills from Bell ?
Guy Morris? :biggrin:
Will this cause any of the county kids to go to Danville? Just wondering.
Rebel55 Wrote:According to some in the 2015 realignment….. some have said that Boyle will be moving down to 3A with Bourbon County going to 4A.

Bourbon County 460 (4A numbers) some others Highlands, John Hardin, Johnson Central, Warren Central

Not so sure it won't be a wash either way. Granted 4A had those teams you mentioned, most notably the Bluebirds, but 3A is going to be absolutely loaded.
Tilghman
Fort Campbell
Caldwell County moving up
Bardstown
Etown will be locked and loaded foe the next few
CAL
Central
DeSales likely (last 2A in or 1st 3A)
LexCath

That's a whole lot of hardware right there, trips to the finals and /or knocking on the door of several. That's not all, and that's just those west of I-75
When you get to finals you get Belfry! And they are loaded for a while.
Cardfan1 Wrote:When you get to finals you get Belfry! And they are loaded for a while.

Yes but look what Johnson Central did to Belfry and what Covington Catholic did to Johnson Central my point is 3A maybe better overall but when it comes to the Elite Teams in 3A and 4A I Think 4A was a lot better this past season and probably will be in the near future, so I would rather be in 3A than 4A from a coaches standpoint.
I hope they keep all the current staff that's there! Best staff in the state!! Maybe Coach Mason or Hester will take it and keep it rolling!
Jack Lambert Wrote:Yes but look what Johnson Central did to Belfry and what Covington Catholic did to Johnson Central my point is 3A maybe better overall but when it comes to the Elite Teams in 3A and 4A I Think 4A was a lot better this past season and probably will be in the near future, so I would rather be in 3A than 4A from a coaches standpoint.

That was last year. 3A is no easy road, and will get tougher.
cardfan1 Wrote:that was last year. 3a is no easy road, and will get tougher.

Imo its that way most years.
William Muney Wrote:Hodge has a good thing at bourbon and an easy path to semi's in this alignment.

Rebel55 Wrote:According to some in the 2015 realignment….. some have said that Boyle will be moving down to 3A with Bourbon County going to 4A.

Bourbon will be moving to 4A in 2015 as their numbers are well into the next class on 2 year and 4 year averages. They have a good group of underclassmen but nothing like what they have had the past 2 years in Pope, Mitchell, Hopkins, etc. Their road is soon to get MUCH harder. Would not be surprised if Hodge isnt back at Boyle Co in the coming days.