Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KBA 8th Grade State Tournament
...coming up in 2 weeks.

Besides Southern Pulaski, who are the favorites?
From Central KY it has to be Scott County. From NKY it would have to be Ockerman or Conner I would think . I am sure some good teams will come from the Louisville area and Bowling green area.
wayne
Ockerman and Conner won't participate. I'm told that the kba is the same week as our regional.
hardcore1 Wrote:From Central KY it has to be Scott County

You can also include the following Central KY teams who have competed with and/or defeated Scott County:

Elkhorn
McNabb
Bryan Station
Clark Middle
Meece Middle played in the championship game last year and they have played Southern tough this year. I would expect they will be in the mix on Sunday afternoon.

McCreary County is suppose to be a really improved team this year, but I have not seen them play.

Northern Middle won the BCI state tournament, so they may be a tough out.
Although they didn't even win the Perry County tournament, East
Perry will be a bad draw for any team in the tournament. East is very tall and
Athletic. Very dangerous team especially for teams that don't know nothing about them.
Perry has a lot of talent. So far this year they haven't played up to their potential. Not for sure what the problem is there. The latter part of the season they haven't played as hard as they did in the beginning of the year. A team that is all hold backs besides one kid, should be playing better than they have here lately.
Fly By Night Wrote:You can also include the following Central KY teams who have competed with and/or defeated Scott County:

Elkhorn
McNabb
Bryan Station
Clark Middle

Two things all these teams are very talented and will compete. Secondly Scott County is undefeated this season, but these teams have competed with them.
I had heard that Bryan Station defeated Scott County. Is this not correct?
No Bryan Station nor anyone they have played has beat them. The Bryan Station game was canceled during the Snowcation we all had. Now I think that BS beat them last year, but that was without a couple of players that are now on the team, I think two new starters in Davis and Fryman, that did not play for SC last year. But as of today SC is undefeated this year.
Thanks for the information.

It will be interesting to see who will win the conference tournament among Scott County, Elkhorn, McNabb, and Clark Middle or possibly a dark horse team.
McMabb is solid. As is Elkhorn. When Clark is hot they can shoot lights out. Elkhorn and Scott have had 5 good battlea this season. So I agree going to be fun to watch
None of the Jefferson County teams can play because it's the same weekend as City Championship
Does any of Scott County's 7th graders play on the 8th grade team?
All three of the all tournament teams players from Scott Co. 7th grade team play on the 8th grade team. None of them start but Moreno is a contributor. The other two play some minutes.
Good luck to all those participating.
Christian County has not lost a game in 2 years... they have height. Athleticism. Great point guards and bigs. Their just exciting
Northern Kentucky wont participate, Jefferson County's out. What other regions will not get a chance to compete?
What teams are going down from the 14th and 15th region?
Heard there are already over 80 teams in the tournament, and there may be over 100 before the field is set. Gonna be some good basketball
raiderjack Wrote:Northern Kentucky wont participate, Jefferson County's out. What other regions will not get a chance to compete?

I hate this. Snow kept some of these schools home last year and now scheduling prohibits their participation.
Rw combs is pretty good they beat perry
Clark Middle (aka, Clark County) has Bowling Green at 5:30PM on Friday and Tates Creek at 8AM on Saturday for pool play.

They are posted here:

http://kentucky-basketball-academy.ezlea...ament.aspx
raiderjack Wrote:Northern Kentucky wont participate, Jefferson County's out. What other regions will not get a chance to compete?

Looks like Jefferson Co. decided to participate. Crosby, CAL, and JCTMS are all playing this weekend.
Knox?
Southern PC will win this easy. My god... They all play and most start varsity.
The question is? Who will be runner up ?
You can look at it like this, the runner up will be your true middle school champs. Just my opinion.
Southern Pulaski has to be the favorite to win this tournament but, don't think they will do it easily. Each year teams get closer to their level of play. It won't surprise me at all to see someone upset them. They can be beaten.
basketballdad Wrote:Southern PC will win this easy. My god... They all play and most start varsity.
The question is? Who will be runner up ?
You can look at it like this, the runner up will be your true middle school champs. Just my opinion.

Whoever wins the tournament will be the true middle school state champion.
I agree that southern is the fav. I think the 3 kids will miss the first pool play game because they have a varsity game that nite. I could be wrong. I t will not be easy for southern like some think. several teams will give southern their best shot. should be fun to watch