Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia's Ortiz and Chapman - Is this still alive?
In all those cases you are talking about the parents or LEGAL guardians moved to the district in which the player/players filed for eligibility!! In not one of these cases are the kids housed in a dorm owned by the school. That's a prep school! I'm not gonna hate on them though. Lets just see how this plays out!
Ballers Wrote:Hahaha.
You make it sound like they are dealing drugs or committing a crime.
Give me a break.

It can happen!!!!! Some of y'all have no clue when it comes to these injunctions. Don't be surprised if it doesn't happen! I wouldn't be surprised what happens at this point considering Cordia has tried to make a fool out of the KHSAA and Tackett. At this point nothing would surprise me!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Here is the problem with the KHSAA. It is the same problem the NCAA has. They are not constant in their rulings. If the rules were the same for all schools I would not have a problem with it. The khsaa picks and chooses who they plan to enforce and who they ignore. Scott co can put articles in the paper and on the news such as the long kid who transferred from north Carolina, puts an article in the Lexington paper about how he was moving to Georgetown with his "mentor" and is allowed to play. The two boys that left Ashland and transferred to Thomas Moore said they wanted to move to bardstown to get more publicity. And last but not least the Johnson kid from perry central violated every law in bylay 6 the khsaa has was ruled elidigible. Pcc's own athletic director at the time randy Napier said " there is no way that boy will be elidigible". The khsaa has signed sworn statements from the supertendent from Sheldon Clark stating the reason he moved is he wanted to play in a state tournament. He also enrolls in school a couple of days after spurlock gets hired, not to mention him supposedly living in a house on lotts creek owned by an assistant coach. Don't get me wrong in what I am saying the kid is a super nice kid and is much more personable than the local kids and I think he should be allowed to play and I am glad he is playing, but why is it ok for one school and not ok for another. That is why the khsaa has problems in court because the courts sees they are crooked and have a agenda. I personally think all this is silly I think the khsaa should be disbanded what gives a bunch of adults the right to tell a kid he can't play a sport, a game come on people. The khsaa is a complete joke you have pricks sitting behind a desk in Lexington greatly over estimating their importance in society. By ruling these kids inelidigible the only thing they are doing is hurting kids. Let's just suppose emmanual owootoah did not get court order to play last year he would not be playing for Fresno st and getting a college education that he could never have gotten if he had not played. Guys in my life I have seen many bad things. When you are pinned down by gunfire or in a fight for your life you see that these issues are a silly joke. The khsaa in my eyes are not much better than a predator worthy only of being listed on the Kentucky sex offender registry because that is all they are doing is screwing kids.

If you tell yourself all of that bull#### long enough you may begin to believe it after a while.
The KHSAA has screwed so many kids that it is upsetting to me. The purpose of going to school is to get an education. Let the kids go to school wherever they want to in order to play sports. In the long run, it dont matter much none in way.
I can see a couple of kids coming in and I'd say just about every team has some, but I don't think you should be able to bring 7-10 each year. If a team wishes to bring that many every year then they should absolutely seek to be a prep school. I wouldn't have a problem with Cordia prep. At least try to be reasonable. Didn't the khsaa rule quite a few of your players eligible this year anyways? Be happy.
The other schools don't have dorms. There parents actually live and work in the county, no matter how they got there job and they pay taxes. Knott is poor and does well to educate there own, little a lone keep up kids from all over the world. Just to make Rhodes look like a real coach. He's playing cordia like a fiddle. He should be a music teacher because he can't coach.
From what I hear not sure how good Ortiz and Chatman is going to make the team. Round 1 versus Newport Central Catholic Republic Bank Classic was a double overtime loss by 1. Enter Chatman and Ortiz into the equation, Kieta, Combs, and Fritz spent the majority of the game on the bench watching Chatman and Ortiz strut their stuff and got beat by 10 + points and could have been 20. Sources that I have talked to seems to think they will not be as good as they had become, with Kieta, Combs and Fritz roles now being reduced. I guess when you bring in recruits you owe someone a favor or they would not be there. Combs is the only local boy on the team (that was getting significant playing time), he is as good as any other player on the team other than Cunningham. I think he was even the kid that hit the big 3 against Hazard in the Semi's. Now looks like he is headed for limited minutes.

Pressure gets to some people, Remember the last two free-throws in a Kentucky Uniform vs the Arkansas?? Deja vu
Outsidelookingin any man that makes a statement like you have just made about combs being as good as anyone on the team don't know anything about basketball. If you can honestly not see that boy is not even in the same league as any of those other boys. That championship was televised on fox Atlantic and the broadcasters said he is just a freshman and just is not ready for a game like that. I don't know who your sources are but I can pretty much guess. He may turn out to be a good player but he is not there yet, not even close. He is not physically strong enough to play at an elite level, sure against some of the lower tier teams in the region he looks good but playing against major league teams he is just lost. I don't know what stat sheet you are looking at he is stat line you are looking at fritz played 21 minutes and combs played 11 minutes which in my opinion is 10 more than he deserved in that game he had 4 points on 2 of 7 shooting not even counting the ones that got knocked into the cheap seats. I know he shot 2 air balls I can remember and another bounced over the time clock on top of the goal. He had a rough game and I doubt any coach that had any other options would not have done the same. The kid has played good some games to be fair but his problem is not R R. He needs to stop listening to outside influences and just play ball.
And what was the stat sheet on AJ Tagolua ?? I think when Combs went to the bench he was 2 for 3. And came in for clean up minutes in the second half. I am sure the announcer for Fox Sports Atlanta has watched the team all year and knows each players potential. Sounds as if you know more than the opposing coaches in the 14th. And speaking of major competition, I think KCC, PCC and Hazard is as good as anyone in the state. Sounds as if you must have something against the Combs boys family and friends.
I can tell you straight up the KHSAA holds Kentucky back so far in athletics, They are a bunch of old coaches moved to BIG LEX and have enough political pull with their self appointed so called board of directors to get appointed to some do nothing job set in their fancy offices and play favoritism to their special select schools that they have no clue what it is like for a pixx poor coach to corner what would have been a d1 star with the proper coaching and hold that youngster where he will never have a chance to full fill his dreams because he was held there by KHSAA someone said they should be arrested for child molestation. AMEN. Let the children play where they want to so long as they are not paid in any way cars, gas, apartments,any restitution, OF AGE, And academics. Be controlled by state and local school board rules.
No, I don't have anything against the combs boy or his family he seems to be a good kid just looking at things realistically. I too have heard talk from other coaches in the region and believe me no one and that includes al holland says he should be getting pt over those other boys. He is not strong enough to compete just yet. He does not have a good enough handle on the ball and can't create his own shot. Like I said he is just a freshman and just needs to do some work and he will be ok. Btw just who are all these coaches that are saying he should be playing. Name one and if you can honestly say he deserves more pt than tagaloa,Cunningham,frimprom,or chisom you are really out of touch.
Buford T Justice Wrote:No, I don't have anything against the combs boy or his family he seems to be a good kid just looking at things realistically. I too have heard talk from other coaches in the region and believe me no one and that includes al holland says he should be getting pt over those other boys. He is not strong enough to compete just yet. He does not have a good enough handle on the ball and can't create his own shot. Like I said he is just a freshman and just needs to do some work and he will be ok. Btw just who are all these coaches that are saying he should be playing. Name one and if you can honestly say he deserves more pt than tagaloa,Cunningham,frimprom,or chisom you are really out of touch.
I agree with your analysis of the game. Unfortunately Combs looked like a child playing with adults. NCC towered over Combs it was ridiculous but he was aloud to remain in the game. He was not able to contribute Pts and he could not handle the ball against NCC. He diffinitely does not have the experience to handle a big game like that. Its was the wrong game to allow him that experience. Why Frimpong or Catchings didn't play as much beats me. Both of these players have an outside shot that was missing and needed against NCC. But congratulations to the Cordia team for a good job at the All "A" Tournament.
My very point, point the finger at a kid that played 4 minutes in the 1st quarter. None in the 2nd. 45 seconds in the 3rd quarter. And was platooned the last 4 minutes of the 4 quarter. How about Keita?? He was good enough to get you to the State but played maybe 8 to 10 minutes in the finals. How could anyone with the right conscience bring two guys in that has been ineligible until January 28th and play them more than Lucern and Keita. How did they even know the teams plays and defenses. When you are ineligible you are not suppose to have any contact with the team until becoming eligible.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Cordia is playing by the law which in this case doesn't evidently go by the KHSAA rules. They will continue to get better and better as long as Coach Rhodes stays there. He has connections to players and coaches in areas that no one else from around the regions do. Anyone that does not think a coach from any school would not accept a player that could help them win is not looking at reality. If it bothers a school then avoid playing them. Teams in their district play them if they are seeded but if not then you would wait til the district or regional tournament. Surely anyone with basketball minds saw this coming a few years ago. Look at their schedule and see what teams played annually then and now do not. Recruiting has gone on before Rhodes was born and people knew of it, Great coaches win by having talented players and that's a fact. People in the 14th best hope Rod doesn't take an interest in baseball.

Rhodes hasn't taken interest in baseball, but the school has. I was told they have Dominican players ready to play baseball this coming year.
Confusednicker:That is what your problem is nobody is pointing the finger and saying combs lost the game just saying he just is not ready. Sounds to me like you have a different set of stat books than the team keeps.Confusednicker: everybody else in the gym sees it why can't you take off the goggles.
Was you in the gym? I thought watched on Fox Sports Atlanta lol Smile!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:Rhodes hasn't taken interest in baseball, but the school has. I was told they have Dominican players ready to play baseball this coming year.
I think you are hearing right
KCC has beat Cordia pretty good this year... But..
Hazard wants no part of Cordia.
PCC wants no part of KCC.
The region is leaning more towards PCC this year being at PCC.
If Cordia makes it there, PCC will have a game on their hands. Refs or no refs.
Ill get a kick just watching dunk after dunk on Johnson.
Jammin Jamey... Did you msg torque when bgr opened and just tell him you're a broadcaster to get that admin spot?
You don't know bout no 14th region bball buddy. Your from pikeville area.
Your region means about much as me cutting my toenails.
Ballers Wrote:Jammin Jamey... Did you msg torque when bgr opened and just tell him you're a broadcaster to get that admin spot?

He didn't say anything incorrect.
Cordia in fact has some Central American transfers that are going to play baseball.
Let's wait until basketball season is over before we start on Cordia baseball. However, you are somewhat correct about some new baseball players but they are from the good old USA. And don't question their heritage. I have a brother in law whose mother is from Puerto Rico. He was born, raised and has fought for the USA in Iraq. You telling me he's Puerto Rican and not American. He lives on Lotts Creek. He's a red blooded Creeker. And by the way, these boys meet the famous KHSAA rules because they have NOT participated in varsity sports anywhere which makes them eligible to play. But you all will find something bad to say about them and the program. By the way, listen to "The Outsiders" by Eric Church and you may get an idea about how you make these kids feel.
Ballers Wrote:Jammin Jamey... Did you msg torque when bgr opened and just tell him you're a broadcaster to get that admin spot?

You were still wetting your bed and sucking your thumb when Torque invited[I] a few of his friends to be part of a FREE discussion website for high school sports. [/I]

Don't hurt yourself cutting those nails...Confusednicker:
Ballers, come on son you know Corida aint got nobody thats gonna dunk on Johnson. I have watched Cordia play 5 games this year and have never saw them throw down a jam. Catchings done a baby dunk against Lex Cath. Johnson will have a field day against Cordia unless they put Cunningham on him. Cunningham is the only physical player on Cordia's team.
cksportsfan Wrote:Umm, the KHSAA did do something. TWICE.

-- Found them ineligible.
-- Heard their appeals. Said they were still ineligible.

Unfortunately for the KHSAA -- or the NCAA (remember when Louisville's Lasege went over the NCAA's head to get cleared by a court; or Penn State getting part of its football punishment overturned by a judge/court) or even the MLB (A-Rod getting injunction to play, which kept him from losing a lot of money) -- a court over-rules EVERYONE.

Even some of the most powerful groups in sports -- from the MLB down to the NCAA and even the KHSAA -- are POWERLESS if someone gets a judge/court to rule in their favor.

Not sure why this is the KHSAA's fault.

“We have received the restraining order issued by the Franklin Circuit Court, and will adhere to its requirements. That said, it is likely not possible for me to disagree more with the findings of the court in its order. While it is inappropriate for this office to discuss the specific circumstances related to the matters of these students due to privacy concerns, we look forward to further judicial review and consideration about this matter. Clearly, situations such as this were intended to be regulated and restricted when the member schools passed the rules governing eligibility, and when those rules were approved by the Kentucky Board of Education and the Kentucky General Assembly. We will vigorously move forward with efforts related to these cases.”

-Julian Tackett
KHSAA Commissioner
Julian Tackett you as usual didn't tell the whole story, your incompetent bunch of self appointed thugs could not or did not make a decision for 20 days after you received the request for elgibility, you are telling the concerned people that you all at the KHSAA are so stupid or the rules are so misunderstandable that it takes you 20 days for you to rule on them. THE TRUTH.. you guys with no reguard for the child do everything possible to RUN OUT THE CLOCK. Make the time it takes for you all to make your decision so long the season is over I would like for you to reveal your salary, expense account, budget, and who you answer to, We the concerned citizens of Ky should approach our elected state Representatives and ask for a total review. THANK GOD FOR THE COURT SYSTEM WHICH IS THE ONLY WAY I SEE TO DEAL WITH YOUR DICTATORSHIP By the way you treat each school differently.
That was 20 days on both, took 20 days to make elgibility decision next it was going to take 20 more days to decide on the appeal that is 40 days, the child can't practice all this time even if they decide it's OK at that point it will take additional days before they can actually participate. SEASON IS OVER DEAD ISSUE. STINKS
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:My very point, point the finger at a kid that played 4 minutes in the 1st quarter. None in the 2nd. 45 seconds in the 3rd quarter. And was platooned the last 4 minutes of the 4 quarter. How about Keita?? He was good enough to get you to the State but played maybe 8 to 10 minutes in the finals. How could anyone with the right conscience bring two guys in that has been ineligible until January 28th and play them more than Lucern and Keita. How did they even know the teams plays and defenses. When you are ineligible you are not suppose to have any contact with the team until becoming eligible.

And the most amazing part is that neither had practiced with the team!!! Can you believe that?
My friend you just made my point, if they are allowed to practice during decision making lets say they are ruled ineligible, it didn't hurt other schools on their schedule, it hurt them for wasting training time that could have been spent on other players. Every rule they have are designed aganst the child trying to play, name me one good reason why they shoukd be banned from practice. ONE
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:And the most amazing part is that neither had practiced with the team!!! Can you believe that?

I know! What's even more amazing is that they can be granted their appeal to play and be inserted into the lineup that very same night without missing a step.
Forecast for tonight's game:

Knott 62
Cordia 67

:closed:
zaga_fan Wrote:I know! What's even more amazing is that they can be granted their appeal to play and be inserted into the lineup that very same night without missing a step.

For the way they were done they deserve it.