Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia's Ortiz and Chapman - Is this still alive?
topnotch Wrote:My friend you just made my point, if they are allowed to practice during decision making lets say they are ruled ineligible, it didn't hurt other schools on their schedule, it hurt them for wasting training time that could have been spent on other players. Every rule they have are designed aganst the child trying to play, name me one good reason why they shoukd be banned from practice. ONE

Here's ONE: They are not part of the team! Two: They are keeping some other child ( your word not mine) from playing. Three: They are helping the elgible players get better by practicing ever day!

By the way if they did practice and I know they did, that would be considered and illegal scrimige ever time they practiced, thus should be enough to shut down the cordia program!
1 You are a father
2 opposing coach
3 you are aganst a child seekin to play (and being prepaired)
4 I have no problem with the way you feel, I am just different we both have our opinion.
topnotch Wrote:For the way they were done they deserve it.

Lol, I agree w/ letting the kids play. I've always said it that way and I will not change that. I'm glad that Chapman and Ortiz is playing because I truly believe they were lied to so they would come here and play. I DON'T like the way Cordia does it by disregarding all the rules in the league in which they play. I have no problem w/ ppl recruiting kids to play because it has been done this way forever and will continue until the good Lord comes back! In all the cases of the past transfers/recruits the PARENTS/LEGAL GUARDIAN has been in the district which they have filed for eligibility. The only exception is kids that have not entered Highschool and have not played varsity sports. PCC, KCC and most other schools in this region have found used those loops holes in the rules to help themselves get players. I'm not denying that. I cant think of the last time that any of those schools have file injucntions to play a kid!! Cordia is a different case IMO. Rod has came in and done anything and everything he can do to WIN! If the league rules says he can't do it he does it anyways. Cordia houses their recruits, feeds and clothes them and that's exactly what a prep school does. If that's the way you want to play then grow a sac and play prep school ball w/ the big boys. The sad thing is you still ain't the best team in your district!
Buford T Justice Wrote:Outsidelookingin any man that makes a statement like you have just made about combs being as good as anyone on the team don't know anything about basketball. If you can honestly not see that boy is not even in the same league as any of those other boys. That championship was televised on fox Atlantic and the broadcasters said he is just a freshman and just is not ready for a game like that. I don't know who your sources are but I can pretty much guess. He may turn out to be a good player but he is not there yet, not even close. He is not physically strong enough to play at an elite level, sure against some of the lower tier teams in the region he looks good but playing against major league teams he is just lost. I don't know what stat sheet you are looking at he is stat line you are looking at fritz played 21 minutes and combs played 11 minutes which in my opinion is 10 more than he deserved in that game he had 4 points on 2 of 7 shooting not even counting the ones that got knocked into the cheap seats. I know he shot 2 air balls I can remember and another bounced over the time clock on top of the goal. He had a rough game and I doubt any coach that had any other options would not have done the same. The kid has played good some games to be fair but his problem is not R R. He needs to stop listening to outside influences and just play ball.

You're a fool...Period!!! Austin Combs is the starting 2 guard for a reason, he went out midway through the 1st quarter with 0 turnovers and 4 pts(2 for 3 from the field and 2nd leading scorer at the time for Cordia)...and doesn't get put back into the game until late in the 4th quarter. He was not having a bad game, was not playing bad defense, was not turning the ball over...everyone around me at the game couldn't figure out why Rhodes took him out. Because he was handling the big moment so good for a freshman
Buford T Justice Wrote:No, I don't have anything against the combs boy or his family he seems to be a good kid just looking at things realistically. I too have heard talk from other coaches in the region and believe me no one and that includes al holland says he should be getting pt over those other boys. He is not strong enough to compete just yet. He does not have a good enough handle on the ball and can't create his own shot. Like I said he is just a freshman and just needs to do some work and he will be ok. Btw just who are all these coaches that are saying he should be playing. Name one and if you can honestly say he deserves more pt than tagaloa,Cunningham,frimprom,or chisom you are really out of touch.

LuLu can play better defense, but he is not the player Combs is. Combs has come up big in every big game they have played. And the biggest game of them all he rides the bench after a great 4 minute showing in the 1st. Frimprong is good, a better shooter than Combs, but still not a better player. Most of the people at Cordia, Lotts Creek, in that community will tell you he deserves every PT he gets
Crazy Horse Wrote:LuLu can play better defense, but he is not the player Combs is. Combs has come up big in every big game they have played. And the biggest game of them all he rides the bench after a great 4 minute showing in the 1st. Frimprong is good, a better shooter than Combs, but still not a better player. Most of the people at Cordia, Lotts Creek, in that community will tell you he deserves every PT he gets

And the sad thing is Combs wouldn't be playing at all if Alice hadn't stepped in and insisted he and Cornett start!!!
jammin' jamey Wrote:You were still wetting your bed and sucking your thumb when Torque invited[I] a few of his friends to be part of a FREE discussion website for high school sports. [/I]

Don't hurt yourself cutting those nails...Confusednicker:

Just giving you a hard time Jamey. Good to see you back.
Who will Cordia start tonight? Who will win?
I'm not sure it matters who they start. KCC wins by 7 or more.
So Combs has to take a backseat to the recruits and the Cordia faithful are happy with this? Anytime a new recruit comes in, someone has to sit down.
:hilarious:
Crazy Horse Wrote:You're a fool...Period!!! Austin Combs is the starting 2 guard for a reason, he went out midway through the 1st quarter with 0 turnovers and 4 pts(2 for 3 from the field and 2nd leading scorer at the time for Cordia)...and doesn't get put back into the game until late in the 4th quarter. He was not having a bad game, was not playing bad defense, was not turning the ball over...everyone around me at the game couldn't figure out why Rhodes took him out. Because he was handling the big moment so good for a freshman
:hilarious: Talk about a fool.
Did Combs really think he was gonna get a shot to play at Cordia this season? He should have seen that last year. He may start there by his senior year but no earlier! Not saying he isn't good enough but it's the case of being recruited over! That's the way it goes at prep schools!
I don't understand why you call Cordia a prep school. do they have courses past the 12th year" Fill me in.
topnotch Wrote:I don't understand why you call Cordia a prep school. do they have courses past the 12th year" Fill me in.

I just do that to get on the nerves of all the Cordia fans that think they are doing such a great thing over in Lotts Creek by taking care of all those kids they have came from such bad situations. Here's the deal, ain't nobody in their right mind buying that crap except some idiot judge from Franklin County! I don't think the KHSAA is always fair and seems like that are very selective and slow in making decisions but w/out them high school BBall would be a complete joke. You would have kids jumping from one team to another midway through the season and it just wouldn't work!! The only thing stopping them from being a prep school is offering 5th year of high school. They have dorms, credit recovery and they recruit for sports!! That's a prep school.
ballstar Wrote:I just do that to get on the nerves of all the Cordia fans that think they are doing such a great thing over in Lotts Creek by taking care of all those kids they have came from such bad situations. Here's the deal, ain't nobody in their right mind buying that crap except some idiot judge from Franklin County! I don't think the KHSAA is always fair and seems like that are very selective and slow in making decisions but w/out them high school BBall would be a complete joke. You would have kids jumping from one team to another midway through the season and it just wouldn't work!! The only thing stopping them from being a prep school is offering 5th year of high school. They have dorms, credit recovery and they recruit for sports!! That's a prep school.

Before we had the KHSAA we had what was considered the best high school basketball in the USA how on earth did we do it? Seems we are falling farther and farther behind other states. Ky boys played all over the USA and were the best. WHAT HAPPENED?
topnotch Wrote:Before we had the KHSAA we had what was considered the best high school basketball in the USA how on earth did we do it? Seems we are falling farther and farther behind other states. Ky boys played all over the USA and were the best. WHAT HAPPENED?

It must have been one heck of a ride across the USA on horse back because the KHSAA was started in 1917. I'm not hating on Cordia guys. Most everybody on here knows the way I feel about the kids playing. I want whats best for the kids and if thats playing sports then let them play. I DO NOT want kids to think its ok to cheat, lie and steal just to have something. I think Cordia has put these kids in a position that they will have to lie to a judge in the end or they will have the lawyers do it for them. I dont expect my child to EVER lie to me or anyone else for that matter. Most all of you on here think this is the end of this deal but its only the beginning. Look for KHSAA to make a serious statement!!
ballstar Wrote:It must have been one heck of a ride across the USA on horse back because the KHSAA was started in 1917. I'm not hating on Cordia guys. Most everybody on here knows the way I feel about the kids playing. I want whats best for the kids and if thats playing sports then let them play. I DO NOT want kids to think its ok to cheat, lie and steal just to have something. I think Cordia has put these kids in a position that they will have to lie to a judge in the end or they will have the lawyers do it for them. I dont expect my child to EVER lie to me or anyone else for that matter. Most all of you on here think this is the end of this deal but its only the beginning. Look for KHSAA to make a serious statement!!

Btw, I'm not saying my child is perfect and wont lie. I'm saying I will not be the one teaching him that's its ok to lie!
I saw the Hudson kid from Hazard play against Williamsburg in the state playoffs. I want to tell you he is a hell of an athlete, not only that but I got to meet him after the game he was also one of the most polite and just an upright youngster. He also is the only d1 college football sighnee in Eastern ky. so far, that I know of. I understand why he was so good, a friend of mine from Hazard who introduced me told me he was a first cousin to the Olinger kid who beat Williamsburg in the playoffs at Hazard last year. What I was wondering, is he as good in basketball as he was in football. I haven't heard anything is he playing BB?
topnotch Wrote:I saw the Hudson kid from Hazard play against Williamsburg in the state playoffs. I want to tell you he is a hell of an athlete, not only that but I got to meet him after the game he was also one of the most polite and just an upright youngster. He also is the only d1 college football sighnee in Eastern ky. so far, that I know of. I understand why he was so good, a friend of mine from Hazard who introduced me told me he was a first cousin to the Olinger kid who beat Williamsburg in the playoffs at Hazard last year. What I was wondering, is he as good in basketball as he was in football. I haven't heard anything is he playing BB?

He is a really nice BBall player. Has at least 1 D-1 offer in BBall for sure!
topnotch Wrote:I saw the Hudson kid from Hazard play against Williamsburg in the state playoffs. I want to tell you he is a hell of an athlete, not only that but I got to meet him after the game he was also one of the most polite and just an upright youngster. He also is the only d1 college football sighnee in Eastern ky. so far, that I know of. I understand why he was so good, a friend of mine from Hazard who introduced me told me he was a first cousin to the Olinger kid who beat Williamsburg in the playoffs at Hazard last year. What I was wondering, is he as good in basketball as he was in football. I haven't heard anything is he playing BB?

He is not in any way related to the olingers that must be a big lie hazard has cooked up to make theirselves look better than cordia. He in fact came from cordia hazard "recruited" him away from cordia but most everyone knows that story. He was a much better basketball player when he was at cordia than he is at hazard al has not done anything to develop him. Al is a good x and o man but his development skills are in question in my opinion. BTW when Hudson was at cordia cordia was 0 and 2 against hazard. Since he went to hazard cordia is 3 and 0 against hazard looks like Chris should have stay put.:biglmao::biglmao:
Buford T Justice Wrote:He is not in any way related to the olingers that must be a big lie hazard has cooked up to make theirselves look better than cordia. He in fact came from cordia hazard "recruited" him away from cordia but most everyone knows that story. He was a much better basketball player when he was at cordia than he is at hazard al has not done anything to develop him. Al is a good x and o man but his development skills are in question in my opinion. BTW when Hudson was at cordia cordia was 0 and 2 against hazard. Since he went to hazard cordia is 3 and 0 against hazard looks like Chris should have stay put.:biglmao::biglmao:

He might be 0 & 3 against Cordia but it has ZERO to do w/ Rod's skill in developing players. It has to do w/ his recruitment of players. Name 1 kid that Rod has developed??? Since you want to call Al out name one Rod has made!
Guys, this post is a general reply to the tone and tome of this season's basketball forums. First, allow me to establish my credibility. I have chosen this section because it has been centered on Austin Combs. (1) I am a direct descendant of Danger Nick Combs who settled Lotts Creek in the late 1700's.
Danger's daughter married my 7th generation grandfather, Richard Smith who was one of the first settlers on Troublesome. (2) I played varsity basketball in the 14th region from 1961 to 1965. (3) I am still a fan and have seen a number of games this year and last. I specifically targeted games that included Cordia, Hazard, PCC and Knott. My grandfather was raised on Lit
Carr and my father was raised in Hindman. I watch basketball mainly to see displays of courage during intense competition...now, to the reply.

There are many of you who know the game well enough to carry on debates
about strategy, individual skills and matchups. Some of you seem to know the game well enough to even further delve into the psychological aspects that
influence outcomes. By all means, you guys please dominate the conversation
with said knowledge. By not responding as to who plays or why they play you will be taking a giant step towards returning this message board to its original
purpose which is talkin' Ball. If the rest of the board members will then limit their posts towards further delineation of our knowledgable member's opinions, we will be on our way towards towards celebrating what the 14th
has been about since Carr Creek was runnerup in the Nationals:

Our fans and players know the game. That, my friends is who we are.

Whoever told you Hudson an Olinger was first cousin had way to many soda..Confusednicker:

ballstar Wrote:He might be 0 & 3 against Cordia but it has ZERO to do w/ Rod's skill in developing players. It has to do w/ his recruitment of players. Name 1 kid that Rod has developed??? Since you want to call Al out name one Rod has made!
you have no clue you may can question RR bench coaching which is not deserved but that is his biggest strong point is his development skills he does drills that is a lost art anymore. But hey al holland has recruited more than anyone and if he is so superior he should still be able to beat him. Every kid on the team is better because of him. Al's problem this year is he has too many people he has to play as opposed to people that can play.
Buford T Justice Wrote::hilarious:
:hilarious: Talk about a fool.

Well everything I have stated is proven by factual evidence, Austin's big time shot in big moments all season long proves I'm right. Austin was actually having a good game when he got put on the bench to never return, I'm sorry you feel differently but I can name 3 transfers that Rhodes has brought in, all guards, and Combs is better then those 3
Buford T Justice Wrote:you have no clue you may can question RR bench coaching which is not deserved but that is his biggest strong point is his development skills he does drills that is a lost art anymore. But hey al holland has recruited more than anyone and if he is so superior he should still be able to beat him. Every kid on the team is better because of him. Al's problem this year is he has too many people he has to play as opposed to people that can play.

Yea, I can tell how much he has worked w/ those recruits tonight. The kids he got this year and didn't have the time to work w/ them because they were ineligible at the time scored about 90% of the points tonight. Don't go there w/ me about what a player maker Rod is!! As I said b4, w/ all the recruiting they've done they are still 2nd in their own district and maybe top 4 in region!
Dude the only thing you have proven is your lack of knowledge of the game. Man I am a cordia fan through and through but if you believe that boy is as good as any of those other boys you are a mental case I guess if he had played the whole game we would have won. His mommy and grandpa have destroyed him he can't even hit an open shot now if they would just sit down and shut up,and leave the kid alone he would be fine . I know you are biased toward him and can't see the forest for the trees but you know deep down I and 98%of lotts creek agree with me with the exception of his family and believe I talk and know a lot of people on the creek way more than you.
I never once said he was the best player on the team , right now outside of Cunningham they don't have any stars in this region. Some future stars....YES!! Including Austin Combs!! But to say he shouldn't be playing is mental, I know for a fact and have heard it from the coaches mouth he is the hardest worker on the team. Everyone on the team calls him Mr. Clutch...he deserves all the PT he has been getting this season. I might not live on the creek, but I have friends up and down it, up kellyfork and every holler in between. I've kept up with that school and ball program ever since I left. I know my basketball, and he brings things to that team that some of them can't. Period!!

Austin was playing a great game against New Port when he was taking out, you can't argue that.
Felix Frimpong
JJ Catchings
Richard Chapman
Ajenee Chisolm
Josh Ortiz

I would be interesting to see which team would win

Austin Combs
Omar Kieta
Christian Cunningham
AJ Tagaloa
Justin Cornett

Fritz Lucien as a sub.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Felix Frimpong
JJ Catchings
Richard Chapman
Ajenee Chisolm
Josh Ortiz

I would be interesting to see which team would win

Austin Combs
Omar Kieta
Christian Cunningham
AJ Tagaloa
Justin Cornett

Fritz Lucien as a sub.

So, 9 of the 11 players are recruits & Cordia still #2 in their own district, lol. I think most ppl agree on his coaching ability but it may be time to question his recruiting ability as well.