Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
:Thumbs: I thought so too
congrats Belfry
This was a great game.
I was there.
Reading this website, I think some folks here may have been somewhere else.
This thread is about the Pikevill v Belfry game isn't it.
I cannot believe this thread has been allowed,since last night, to become a bash #2 and bash the Pikeville coaching staff.
Heck, there are even staffers joining in the bashing.
This game has become an ugly affair, according to some posts, by some folks that I think saw a different game than I did.

It was a great hard fought game.
You would think a web site like this would be able to talk about it rather than singling out high school kids.
There have been several uncalled for posts absolutely trashing #2...he's a high school kid.
Why can't people pat a few people on the back rather than try to tear down a teenager???
Congrats Belfry, Nice Game. Good Luck down the road!
Keep your heads up Pikeville, Nice Game. Good luck the rest of the year!!
belfry forever Wrote:I agree with Pirate Pal, last night I lost a lot of respect for Pikeville program. It is a shame that the actions of a few makes everyone else look bad.
(and last night, it was usually the same player who did this)
And after hearing what was said by some of the Belfry players on the field, I have lost respect for some of Belfry's players. Sad
Old Timer Wrote:This was a great game.
I was there.
I cannot believe this thread has been allowed,since last night, to become a bash #2 and bash the Pikeville coaching staff.
This game has become an ugly affair, according to some posts, by some folks that I think saw a different game than I did.

You would think a web site like this would be able to talk about it rather than singling out high school kids.
There have been several uncalled for posts absolutely trashing #2...he's a high school kid.
Why can't people pat a few people on the back rather than try to tear down a teenager???

#2 from Pikeville appears to be too good of a player to act as he did last night. I don't think anyone is trashing him-just pointing out the obvious-his conduct was terrible and no reason for it. He may be a "high school kid", but that does not excuse his behavior. If he doesn't act that way off the field, he shouldn't act that way on it. I don't know what was said on the field between the 2 teams, I only know what I saw from the stands.
Close game! Congrats to belfry!!!!!
Old Timer Wrote:This was a great game.
I was there.

:Thumbs: That is what I've wanted to say all day.:Thumbs:

:dontthink
I hope that the adults who have being saying all this trash
take a timeout to think about everything they have said on
this thread about kids. One more time KIDS! I've heard is said over and over on here about being able to voice your opinion, but when your opinion is to trash talk a KID that is NO CLASS AT ALL!!:dontthink
belfry forever Wrote:#2 from Pikeville appears to be too good of a player to act as he did last night. I don't think anyone is trashing him-just pointing out the obvious-his conduct was terrible and no reason for it. He may be a "high school kid", but that does not excuse his behavior. If he doesn't act that way off the field, he shouldn't act that way on it. I don't know what was said on the field between the 2 teams, I only know what I saw from the stands.
Maybe you should know both sides of behavior (comments made on the field)before making a snap judgement singling out a HS KID.
You're right being a "high school kid" does not excuse his behavior.
What is more sad though, is the behavior of the adults on this site trashing players, I wonder how many anonymous comments made here would be verbalized face to face.
Good job, Pirates
I wasn't at the game last night. I didn't see the late calls. But football is a contact sport. So thats that. I doubt anybody was intentionally trying to take anybody out. And I don't know what #2 did. But for all these people saying Haywood is so much better then the Pikeville coach and that this boy wouldn't play for Haywood just think of this...first of all...I don't remember ever watching a game anytime that Matt Maynard didn't try to fight somebody at some point during the game and he was Belfry's star last year. I watched David Jones get into a brawl in a basketball game one year but he suited up for Haywood for two years. I'm not saying that not taking the boy out of the the game or whatever happened is right..but I'm saying not to say Haywood is so much better then Pikeville's coach because he has never sat a kid for that has attitude problems..his best players over the past 3 or 4 years have all had attitude problems. If the kid has talent he plays. Attitude, grades..they don't matter as long as the kid is good. Now some people may try to argue this. I know you're supposed to get suspended at Belfry if you get into 2 or 3 fights in one year...David Jones got into numerous fights and did other things and he never got in trouble for anything. I'm a Belfry fan...I really am..but you all shouldn't be ripping Pikeville's coach when there's no better example being set over here. These are the facts...no matter what school. If the kid has talent..the kid is put above others. If a less talented kid had been doing whatever #2 was doing in the game..perhaps he would've been taken out. But the stars are the stars and they get star treatment. Now you can argue this all you want but I saw it for 4 years at Belfry and I know it's true and each and every one of you do too. Don't blame Pikeville's coach or the school or any of that when things are no different here.
Now..with that said. Great win for Belfry. Sounded like it was ugly at times. And I don't care whose defense played better or whose offense played better. Any team can play better then any team on any day. But the final score is what matters and Belfry picked up the win. Pikeville gained more yards then Belfry and except for special teams held them for fewer points..But special teams is part of the game too and Belfry was ahead when the clock said zero and thats that.
Coach Wrote:I wasn't at the game last night. I didn't see the late calls. But football is a contact sport. So thats that. I doubt anybody was intentionally trying to take anybody out. And I don't know what #2 did. But for all these people saying Haywood is so much better then the Pikeville coach and that this boy wouldn't play for Haywood just think of this...first of all...I don't remember ever watching a game anytime that Matt Maynard didn't try to fight somebody at some point during the game and he was Belfry's star last year. I watched David Jones get into a brawl in a basketball game one year but he suited up for Haywood for two years. I'm not saying that not taking the boy out of the the game or whatever happened is right..but I'm saying not to say Haywood is so much better then Pikeville's coach because he has never sat a kid for that has attitude problems..his best players over the past 3 or 4 years have all had attitude problems. If the kid has talent he plays. Attitude, grades..they don't matter as long as the kid is good. Now some people may try to argue this. I know you're supposed to get suspended at Belfry if you get into 2 or 3 fights in one year...David Jones got into numerous fights and did other things and he never got in trouble for anything. I'm a Belfry fan...I really am..but you all shouldn't be ripping Pikeville's coach when there's no better example being set over here. These are the facts...no matter what school. If the kid has talent..the kid is put above others. If a less talented kid had been doing whatever #2 was doing in the game..perhaps he would've been taken out. But the stars are the stars and they get star treatment. Now you can argue this all you want but I saw it for 4 years at Belfry and I know it's true and each and every one of you do too. Don't blame Pikeville's coach or the school or any of that when things are no different here.
I have not heard such things as this, so we will need conformation if such things took place.

And as said in this post, lest PLEASE not attack KIDS, in this thread. Enough has been let happen so far and NO more will be accepted!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Pirates. See you on the 13th.

GO CARDS.:thatsfunn
I can comfirm things I saw with my own two eyes and much more then that on alotta people. But you're right and I apologize. It won't happen again.
I can definitely say that the rivalry is back once again...that's for sure.

Thanks to everyone for the contributions and opinions, but the clock on this thread has struck midnight.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]