Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
Won in the Trenches Wrote:I dont suppose you credit any of those turnovers to the defense do you?
As im sure the Pikeville fumble on the 10 should be credited to the Belfry D...
He wasnt looking for a way to say Pikeville should have won, mainly describing as to how Pikevilles D stopped Belfry better than Belfrys D stopped pikeville

I'm finnicky about certain aspects of the game, and two things I never thing should happen are offsides & fumbles.

But to answer your question, yes, the fumbles should be credited to the Pikeville defense.

Still yet, with or without penalties, the Belfry drives COULD'VE ended up the same.
Taking him out.. #2 played all night for the Panthers. IMO #2 should have been kicked out.. not taken out.. he didn't deserve to even be on the field with his actions!!!
Mr. Right Wrote:I'm finnicky about certain aspects of the game, and two things I never thing should happen are offsides & fumbles.

But to answer your question, yes, the fumbles should be credited to the Pikeville defense.

Still yet, with or without penalties, the Belfry drives COULD'VE ended up the same.

True. I guess we dont really know the effect of the penalties, but i think the 15 yarder on Belfrys first drive is what kept that drive alive...You never know though, they couldve gone for it on 4th and gotten it...
Won in the Trenches Wrote:No I mean are there any examples of what the COACHES did to show they had bad attitudes? I thought taking #2 out of the game for unclassy behavior would show how he wouldn't tolerate it...

Without going into detail, I just think he bitches and moans way too much (which leads the kids to bitching and moaning).

In short, he lacks the composure that kids in high school need to see. And the kids rant and rave on the sidelines like cheerleaders. Never been a big fan of that myself.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Taking him out.. #2 played all night for the Panthers. IMO #2 should have been kicked out.. not taken out.. he didn't deserve to even be on the field with his actions!!!

No no, he came out several times (maybe 3-4 times) for 2-3 plays at a time to try to cool his jets...
wooderson Wrote:Good luck to Pikeville the rest of the way. I promise you if they go on to greater things the rest of the year that they will look back on this game as a turning point in the season. I believe a bunch of Pikeville's kids grew into young men on that field tonight. It will only help them in the long run.

Good post and I think you are absolutely correct.
Mr. Right Wrote:Without going into detail, I just think he bitches and moans way too much (which leads the kids to bitching and moaning).

In short, he lacks the composure that kids in high school need to see. And the kids rant and rave on the sidelines like cheerleaders. Never been a big fan of that myself.

Hmm...interesting thought
Won in the Trenches Wrote:No no, he came out several times (maybe 3-4 times) for 2-3 plays at a time to try to cool his jets...

Not the first time I've noticed his attitude.

ANd I can't help but think that if he weren't the ballplayer he is, he wouldn't be on the team.

In fact, regardless of the ballplayer he is, he would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER play for Phillip Haywood.
Mr. Right Wrote:Really digging for a way to say Pikeville should have won, huh???

With or without Pikeville's unsportsmanlike penalties, whose to say Belfry stilll wouldn't have driven the ball down their throats? Most of the game Belfry drives were stopped by turnovers, so in essence they stopped themselves.

Final Score.......Belfry 24- Pikeville 20

CROW is now serving.

Don't have to dig.

CROW is serving whom?
What is CROW serving?
Mr. Right Wrote:Not the first time I've noticed his attitude.

ANd I can't help but think that if he weren't the ballplayer he is, he wouldn't be on the team.

In fact, regardless of the ballplayer he is, he would NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER play for Phillip Haywood.

Dont think Haywood could find a way to calm him down, or just that he wouldnt even try?
Did you guys see who got the "Catch of the week" >G< from Andrew Elkins!! fine job MEN!!!!
Rocky Wrote:Did you guys see who got the "Catch of the week" >G< from Andrew Elkins!! fine job MEN!!!!

That was a nice catch...I figured they would get the Drive of the Week too, with that long drive late in the 4th...

How did everyone feel the teams matched up Strength/Physicallity wise?
Well Trench, i thought it was kind of even actually.
It was a great game. One of the more exciting games in this rivalry in a few years. Both teams made several mistakes that they need to correct before they try to make any sort of run deep into the playoffs. Belfry just grinded it out longer than Pikeville. Both teams have a great season ahead of them. Good luck to both.
this was a great game that came down to the wire, good effort on both sides good win for the pirates..........good luck to both teams on the rest of their seasons
Belfry has a lot of power on the team,and i noticed P'ville did as well, I do have to say that i didnt see the power very well displayed from belfry as it should have been,Especially from the left side of offence.
Rocky Wrote:Belfry has a lot of power on the team,and i noticed P'ville did as well, I do have to say that i didnt see the power very well displayed from belfry as it should have been,Especially from the left side of offence.

How about #24 for Pikeville...hes a hard nosed kid who really impressed me
I kept my eye on him, with the right training he shows a lot of promise.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Dont think Haywood could find a way to calm him down, or just that he wouldnt even try?

From what I've seen.....He wouldn't make it through summer practice.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:How about #24 for Pikeville...hes a hard nosed kid who really impressed me

STUD.....He's going to be something to watch for the next couple of years.
Won in the Trenches Wrote:That was a nice catch...I figured they would get the Drive of the Week too, with that long drive late in the 4th...

How did everyone feel the teams matched up Strength/Physicallity wise?

Better than I thought, but I really felt like Belfry would have went more with their bigger D-Line than they did tonight.

But I'm not 2nd guessing or anything.
I'm a Pirate fan through and through, but I will call it the way I seen it. Belfry was lucky to walk away with the WIN. Pikeville ran all over Belfry's D, with the exception of a couple of stopped drives. #24 for Pikeville is a hard nosed runner as I have seen, almost unstoppable. Sloppy football from both teams which kept the game close and made it more interesting. Way too many fumbles for Belfry and many (3) if I'm not mistaken were lost in the open field. As for the remarks about #2 for Pikeville, I couldn't agree more from where I was sitting, he is out of control and has no sportmanship about him IMO. From what I seen he was asked by the coach to shake hands and he refused and walked to the sideline. The other players shaked hands and some even gave a congrats hug. I agree with Mr. Right, #2 would not play for Coach Haywood.
cobra67 Wrote:I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw that little display

No you were not the only one. I was there too and thats been the biggest upset/gripe of the whole night by MANY MANY people, very poor sportsmanship, very poor behavier, all night long.....people couldn't believe that it was allowed to continue again and again.
Belfry_99 Wrote:Taking him out.. #2 played all night for the Panthers. IMO #2 should have been kicked out.. not taken out.. he didn't deserve to even be on the field with his actions!!!

:thumpsup: I heard several people say that if it was their kid behaving that way and the coach wouldnt do something about it, they would drag them off the field theirselves.
Rocky Wrote:Did you guys see who got the "Catch of the week" >G< from Andrew Elkins!! fine job MEN!!!!

YES! CONGRATS G!! CONGRATS BHS!! WHAT A GAME!
Any stats on this game? How did Harmon do? I guess Belfry is not as good as they normally are. Belfry always gets better as the season goes, so I am sure Haywood will have them ready at the end. Congrats to Haywood moving up to 4th on the all time winning list.
First off, I would like to congratulate our boys for an outstanding showing of class, confidence, determination, composure, and sportsmanship. This is a direct reflection of Coach Haywood and his staff. One of the things that make me so proud to be a Belfry fan, is that no matter what stadium the team plays at, the first thing said by the opposing players, fans, coaching staff, is what a classy group of men Belfry has on their team.

Secondly, this was a great game to watch from a fans perspective. Both teams wanted the win badly! However, they both need to improve as the season progresses and quit making elementary mistakes!!

Now...and I know this isn't going to be well taken by some, but I have to say that I lost so much respect for the Pikeville football program last night that it isn't even funny. One thing that I could attest for over the years is that Pikeville, like Belfry, was a classy, well respected program...BUT all of that changed after watching the Pikeville coaching staff allow a player (#2) to act in the most unsportsmanlike manner I have witnessed in any game for the past 3 to 4 years. I witnessed it directly in front of me. Then...to beat it all... how would you expect a true coach to teach this same player sportsmanship...if you are the coach from Pikeville, you send him to the sidelines at the end of the game instead of making him be the first in line to shake the opponents hands..ridiculous!!
Not only that, but when an assistant coach is turning around with the players on the sideline and trying to taunt the visiting fan section, that was comical in my book. It was disappointing to me to say the least....acutally it was PATHETIC!!

You can't control the behavior of the fans, but a coach should be able to control his players and assistants.

Thanks Coach Haywood for making classy men out of our boys!!
Pirate Pal Wrote:First off, I would like to congratulate our boys for an outstanding showing of class, confidence, determination, composure, and sportsmanship. This is a direct reflection of Coach Haywood and his staff. One of the things that make me so proud to be a Belfry fan, is that no matter what stadium the team plays at, the first thing said by the opposing players, fans, coaching staff, is what a classy group of men Belfry has on their team.

Secondly, this was a great game to watch from a fans perspective. Both teams wanted the win badly! However, they both need to improve as the season progresses and quit making elementary mistakes!!

Now...and I know this isn't going to be well taken by some, but I have to say that I lost so much respect for the Pikeville football program last night that it isn't even funny. One thing that I could attest for over the years is that Pikeville, like Belfry, was a classy, well respected program...BUT all of that changed after watching the Pikeville coaching staff allow a player (#2) to act in the most unsportsmanlike manner I have witnessed in any game for the past 3 to 4 years. I witnessed it directly in front of me. Then...to beat it all... how would you expect a true coach to teach this same player sportsmanship...if you are the coach from Pikeville, you send him to the sidelines at the end of the game instead of making him be the first in line to shake the opponents hands..ridiculous!!
Not only that, but when an assistant coach is turning around with the players on the sideline and trying to taunt the visiting fan section, that was comical in my book. It was disappointing to me to say the least....acutally it was PATHETIC!!

You can't control the behavior of the fans, but a coach should be able to control his players and assistants.

Thanks Coach Haywood for making classy men out of our boys!!

Smile I am losing respect for the Belfry program because of posts like this.
hootie Wrote:Any stats on this game? How did Harmon do? I guess Belfry is not as good as they normally are. Belfry always gets better as the season goes, so I am sure Haywood will have them ready at the end. Congrats to Haywood moving up to 4th on the all time winning list.

Pikeville outgained Belfry 293-247.

Harmon 22 carries, 132 yards and a TD. Led all rushers.
Ted Honaker 100 yards and a TD.
Tim Honaker 34 yards and a TD.
Here is the tale of the tape
Pikeville-297 yds total offense
Belfry-249 yds total offense
Pikeville 3 forced fumbles all recovered by Pikeville
Belfry only recovered 1
So we kept the ball and contolled the clock and won the turnover battle so here is what got us beat.
11 penalties for 77 yards. 7 of those are D-lineman lining up off sides. Which a D-lineman should know where the LOS is in little league.
Special Teams
94 yd kick return by chapman in which #11 couldve stopped but chose to arm tackle instead. 1 blocked field goal and a missed extra point.
Im not making excuses for Pikeville with this cause quite frankly there is no excuse for that and we lost the game because of it.