Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspended Bengals LB Thurman charged with DUI
CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Odell Thurman was arrested early Monday on a drunken driving charge.

Thurman, already serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, registered 0.18 percent on a blood-alcohol test -- more than twice the legal limit of 0.08 percent, police said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601900
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Never would have thought a stand up citizen like Odell Thurman would do such a thing! i mean, he plays for the Bengals!! They are the most disciplined team in the league.
corndog23 Wrote:Never would have thought a stand up citizen like Odell Thurman would do such a thing! i mean, he plays for the Bengals!! They are the most disciplined team in the league.

Just about every team has problems, not just the Bengals. And, if I had to guess, I'd say this is it for Odell, buh-bye now, thanks for coming
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Just about every team has problems, not just the Bengals. And, if I had to guess, I'd say this is it for Odell, buh-bye now, thanks for coming

I'd bet this isn't it for him. Unless Lewis has changed a lot Odell will be playing by season's end.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The NFL will be suspending for the year though, to my understanding. Good thing it's not up to the Bengals.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:The NFL will be suspending for the year though, to my understanding. Good thing it's not up to the Bengals.

"It's disappointing for me, it's disappointing for our program, all of our fans," Lewis said of Thurman. "He just obviously doesn't understand the privilege and the right to play in the National Football League. He will be dealt with very severely."

But since there has been only an arrest and not a decision by a court, any resolution may have to wait. But Lewis made it clear he's moving on beyond Thurman. At least for this season

That's from Bengals.com. Odd to see you doubting that the Bengals will handle this
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:"It's disappointing for me, it's disappointing for our program, all of our fans," Lewis said of Thurman. "He just obviously doesn't understand the privilege and the right to play in the National Football League. He will be dealt with very severely."

But since there has been only an arrest and not a decision by a court, any resolution may have to wait. But Lewis made it clear he's moving on beyond Thurman. At least for this season

That's from Bengals.com. Odd to see you doubting that the Bengals will handle this

The Bengals won't have to deal with this. The NFL says that he will be suspended for one calender year. At least that's what I can understand from it.

Why is it odd to see me doubting the Bengals handeling this? They really handled Chris Henry didn't they? And he had a angelic off-season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:The Bengals won't have to deal with this. The NFL says that he will be suspended for one calender year. At least that's what I can understand from it.

Why is it odd to see me doubting the Bengals handeling this? They really handled Chris Henry didn't they? And he had a angelic off-season.

All teams are dealing with situations like this and it is sad that all the Bengals haters just look for things about the Bengals to post on here. I poster a thread about a Pittsburg player and very few Pittsburgh fans had anything to say about this issues.
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
BelfryJustice Wrote:All teams are dealing with situations like this and it is sad that all the Bengals haters just look for things about the Bengals to post on here. I poster a thread about a Pittsburg player and very few Pittsburgh fans had anything to say about this issues.

No offense BJ but the Bengals have had waaay more problems than any other team in the past year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah Really...No other team in the NFL can even compare to the ongoing problems/issues that the Bengals are facing every other day/week!
How we forget so fast! Dallas had a team full of drug users during the 90's! The drug and alcohol problems are a part of our everyday life. Eastern Kentucky is fighting with this probelm on a daily basis. Money doesn't change a person it many times make the problem bigger. We should be on here talking about how we hope that he gets help for a very serious problems that effects so many in our world. I just don't think that it is fair to the other players that are not involved is this type of activity. We need to spend more time on the solution and less time pointing fingers. The NFL has been dealing with this for years and I don't see if going away anytime soon. How many of you have driven a car while drinking? I am no way saying that it is right, but it is very sad that someone with a great future will allow a substance to take it away from them. Abuse is a sickness that requires help!
BelfryJustice Wrote:How we forget so fast! Dallas had a team full of drug users during the 90's! The drug and alcohol problems are a part of our everyday life. Eastern Kentucky is fighting with this probelm on a daily basis. Money doesn't change a person it many times make the problem bigger. We should be on here talking about how we hope that he gets help for a very serious problems that effects so many in our world. I just don't think that it is fair to the other players that are not involved is this type of activity. We need to spend more time on the solution and less time pointing fingers. The NFL has been dealing with this for years and I don't see if going away anytime soon. How many of you have driven a car while drinking? I am no way saying that it is right, but it is very sad that someone with a great future will allow a substance to take it away from them. Abuse is a sickness that requires help!

Amen....... By the way, did anyone hear the full story? Apparantly Thurman's girlfriend went through the checkpoint and they stopped her and wouldn't let her drive. She calls Odell, he goes to pick her up at a checkpoint to find drunken drivers, and gets a DUI, how stupid can you be??????
Sickness is a sign of weakness that is taken advantage of also!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Sickness is a sign of weakness that is taken advantage of also!

It is always nice to meet a perfect person! :thumpsup:
Should be kicked off the team ! Waste of $$$ !