•  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
Finding a good new coach is always hard but when you ran off the last one...near impossible.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Finding a good new coach is always hard but when you ran off the last one...near impossible.

That is something that has to be considered here as well. From an outsider's perspective Jewell did a heck of a job and had a solid record at Corbin. I am sure that questions about why exactly Jewell was let go came up in the interview process with Reid and Haddix. Plus outsiders have enough sense to know that Corbin won't compete for state titles every single year as some of those inside the program believe that they should. Maybe they were scared off by unrealistic expectations?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That is something that has to be considered here as well. From an outsider's perspective Jewell did a heck of a job and had a solid record at Corbin. I am sure that questions about why exactly Jewell was let go came up in the interview process with Reid and Haddix. Plus outsiders have enough sense to know that Corbin won't compete for state titles every single year as some of those inside the program believe that they should. Maybe they were scared off by unrealistic expectations?

I agree. If I were a perspective Coach I would be very leery of taking on that task. It seems as if many Coaches feel the same.
What in the world is going on there does anybody want it?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:That is something that has to be considered here as well. From an outsider's perspective Jewell did a heck of a job and had a solid record at Corbin. I am sure that questions about why exactly Jewell was let go came up in the interview process with Reid and Haddix. Plus outsiders have enough sense to know that Corbin won't compete for state titles every single year as some of those inside the program believe that they should. Maybe they were scared off by unrealistic expectations?

Jewell was not run off and there was not really any pressure from the administration on him either. He left to take an administrative job that pays a lot more

Most of the Corbin fans are realistic and don't expect championship teams every year, there are only 5-6 of those type teams in all the classes. They just want to be a part of the equation when people discuss the contenders and they also like to feel as though they are a part of them program.

Does anyone on here really know everything that has transpired and what is going to happen concerning this job. It's all conjecture from about 98% of the posters, with 1 or 2 having any real insight. It will all work out.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Jewell was not run off and there was not really any pressure from the administration on him either. He left to take an administrative job that pays a lot more

Most of the Corbin fans are realistic and don't expect championship teams every year, there are only 5-6 of those type teams in all the classes. They just want to be a part of the equation when people discuss the contenders and they also like to feel as though they are a part of them program.

Does anyone on here really know everything that has transpired and what is going to happen concerning this job. It's all conjecture from about 98% of the posters, with 1 or 2 having any real insight. It will all work out.

I am wondering the same thing SEKYFAN
There are more truths on this board than most think. Sounds as if they offered it to Reid and he doesn't have a certificate, Haddix is mad he had to go through process and that he was 2nd choice. Nothing out of the ordinary.
The job has been offered, the coach offered ask for some time to talk it over with family today and make a decision by in the morning. We will know tomorrow if they are opening it back up or if they have a coach.
D1Recruiter Wrote:The job has been offered, the coach offered ask for some time to talk it over with family today and make a decision by in the morning. We will know tomorrow if they are opening it back up or if they have a coach.

I wonder if they will go through the process again from the very beginning and take new applications. May be some coaches who didn't think they would have a shot at getting it who will now throw their name in the hat. Or maybe some that have reconsidered after not applying the first time. Could be very interesting.
Pepsi now says Haddix.
64SUR said it would happen. Have faith in 64.
Man I hope you 2 are wrong.
Reid if he can get certified.
If not, Teague im guessing...

I don't think Haddix has a chance.
I was hoping Hattix would stay at Perry. He seems very cocky. Would of loved to saw his face when our Class A Dogs beat him 50.
Dont worry son, if Haddix does leave Jeff Bull Norman will take his place. Where do you think Haddix gets all his offense from? Hazard may have 50 yards of offense but 50 points in far fetched.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:I was hoping Hattix would stay at Perry. He seems very cocky. Would of loved to saw his face when our Class A Dogs beat him 50.

Love to see your face when little ole Williamsburg beats hazard 2 yrs in a row. I will put you on notice right now Bulldogs4Ever. Now just remember this is just fun...Oh by the way call :headphone Corbin at 606-4HA-DDIX...Come an get some. Confusederiously:
E's Army Wrote:64SUR said it would happen. Have faith in 64.

If 64 said it. Then it is the gospel!!!!!
64 for member of the year!!!!!!
64SUR Wrote:Love to see your face when little ole Williamsburg beats hazard 2 yrs in a row. I will put you on notice right now Bulldogs4Ever. Now just remember this is just fun...Oh by the way call :headphone Corbin at 606-4HA-DDIX...Come an get some. Confusederiously:

Love it!!!!!
If I apply for a Coaching Job and go through the interview process and am not the 1st choice or the 2nd choice but am offered the job, I will take the job. Big deal you were not #1. The Corbin Job is a Great Job so take it and get on with doing the job you were offered. Good Luck to whomever get's the Corbin Job. It's a Great situation. Just go to work and get it done.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Reid if he can get certified.
If not, Teague im guessing...

I don't think Haddix has a chance.

Gut Haddix was offered the job last night. Where u been?
If Haddix don't take the job. I hope they offer it to Teague and he takes it. Either one and Corbin can't go wrong.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Jewell was not run off and there was not really any pressure from the administration on him either. He left to take an administrative job that pays a lot more

Horse crap. We have heard here for years how everyone here hated him and he needed to resign.
johnnyd Wrote:Horse crap. We have heard here for years how everyone here hated him and he needed to resign.

Jewell could have stayed as long as he wanted. He is one of the top teachers in the state and that carry more weight at Corbin now than being a good football coach.
insideinfo Wrote:Jewell could have stayed as long as he wanted. He is one of the top teachers in the state and that carry more weight at Corbin now than being a good football coach.

Yes but to say there was no pressure was on AT ALL is bull because I've heard parent after parent want him out. After a while when you listen to that stuff it wears you down.
johnnyd Wrote:Yes but to say there was no pressure was on AT ALL is bull because I've heard parent after parent want him out. After a while when you listen to that stuff it wears you down.

The parent might have been talking, but I know who has the final say and he was more than happy.
64 is right. I talked to Haddixs 6th cousin.. My money is also on Haddix.
How much does an asst principal make in Corbin? I would imagine it would be the same as a veteran teacher and head football coach.

A veteran successful coach like Jewell was probably should make more. If not...well I see why this is a struggle
Cardfan1 Wrote:How much does an asst principal make in Corbin? I would imagine it would be the same as a veteran teacher and head football coach.

A veteran successful coach like Jewell was probably should make more. If not...well I see why this is a struggle

AP pay is added onto your teaching salary like coaching is.

I'd say it's a 10K up in pay, and no message boards with wolves stirring crap over 9-10 win seasons.
Beautiful Friday in Corbin.Dang it's Late Goodnight BGR FANS Confusedleep:
This is the second time I've heard this tonight. The Corbin faithful should be real happy.
  •  Previous
  • 25(current)
  • Next