•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
I heard an interesting name today, Mickey Wilson.
Who is Mickey Wilson?
Was told that the board was creating a home bound job for a coach if need to!
I bet they hire inside!
Duncum or Mouser
redstorm Wrote:Who is Mickey Wilson?

Head coach at Myrtle Beach High, who won the state title 2 or 3 yrs. ago with Corbin transfer Vinnie Hoover in the backfield. Hid dad was a Redhound back in the day and has some strong ties still in town.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I have very very very reliable connections. I didn't post this to waste my time not yours!! They have expressed concern and talked to Dudley. If you think other wise your mistaken. I don't think he's coming but that doesn't mean they are not talking. I was the first to post Dudley and Whitley talks and that was before Black was gone. Not trying to be rude or come across the wrong way but Corbin would give anything for Dudley. The only reason I don't see him coming is because his son. The reasons I do see him coming is because Corbin is a high profile job, they have a great feeder system that is already in place, he has coached with Roark at Bell, and the railroad still has plenty of money while the coal fields are broke!!! I don't see it happening but to say neither side is interested is absurd!!!

I didnt know you were so well connected. Maybe you could send some info my way....
No Everett Golson's in Corbin, or in much of KY for that matter.

The talent on that team alone would rival (or be better) than either one of our teams that the ENTIRE STATE puts together.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Head coach at Myrtle Beach High, who won the state title 2 or 3 yrs. ago with Corbin transfer Vinnie Hoover in the backfield. Hid dad was a Redhound back in the day and has some strong ties still in town.

Interesting possibility that I hadnt heard yet.
IMHO, Corbin needs to branch out and stay out of the in house hire.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Head coach at Myrtle Beach High, who won the state title 2 or 3 yrs. ago with Corbin transfer Vinnie Hoover in the backfield. Hid dad was a Redhound back in the day and has some strong ties still in town.

Watched his team practice the year Myrtle Beach High won the State Title. Was very impressed with the way practice was run.
:Thumbs::Thumbs:
They will hire in house when it is all said and done.

Wilson would be a interesting hire but don't think that style would be sucessful in Corbin. See Mike Whitaker years for reference. Corbin has good hard nosed kids but don't have elite athletes.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:No Everett Golson's in Corbin, or in much of KY for that matter.

The talent on that team alone would rival (or be better) than either one of our teams that the ENTIRE STATE puts together.

What's interesting is that V. Hoover was able to contribute so well there, but could not break into Corbin's starting backfield prior to transferring.
Go Big Red! Wrote:I have very very very reliable connections. I didn't post this to waste my time not yours!! They have expressed concern and talked to Dudley. If you think other wise your mistaken. I don't think he's coming but that doesn't mean they are not talking. I was the first to post Dudley and Whitley talks and that was before Black was gone. Not trying to be rude or come across the wrong way but Corbin would give anything for Dudley. The only reason I don't see him coming is because his son. The reasons I do see him coming is because Corbin is a high profile job, they have a great feeder system that is already in place, he has coached with Roark at Bell, and the railroad still has plenty of money while the coal fields are broke!!! I don't see it happening but to say neither side is interested is absurd!!!

Your source must be someone who loves Dudley b/c nobody on the committee has given that indication about Dudley. Time will tell.
William Muney Wrote:They will hire in house when it is all said and done.

Wilson would be a interesting hire but don't think that style would be sucessful in Corbin. See Mike Whitaker years for reference. Corbin has good hard nosed kids but don't have elite athletes.

I agree.

South Carolina in general is just in a different league compared to Kentucky.

I know a coach in Georgia, who has said if a coach can win in Kentucky, they can coach "the rest of us have it easy". South Carolina isn't too far off, if any from the high school football talent landscape.

For one, having a QB who went in and started at Notre Dame as a true freshman, leading them to the National Championship game would make a lot of things look good....practice included.
SEKYFAN Wrote:What's interesting is that V. Hoover was able to contribute so well there, but could not break into Corbin's starting backfield prior to transferring.

Night and day from top to bottom.

Guessing he couldn't break into the starting line up, you are probably talking about the year prior?
redstorm Wrote:Was told that the board was creating a home bound job for a coach if need to!
I bet they hire inside!
Duncum or Mouser

mouser 50% chance
haddix 35% chance
duncum 15% chance

Haddix would be the best IMO
William Muney Wrote:They will hire in house when it is all said and done.

He's actually won 2 state titles in his 4 years as head coach and has an overall record of 48-7. They do open it up more than Corbin does, about 50-50 ratio pass and run.
Interesting note.....
Some have been saying Chapman is leave Pike Central to join Haddix. If true, could it be that he might join him at Corbin? Also, could he be at Perry so when haddix takes the Corbin job, Chapman will get the Perry job??

Something to ponder.
Have they even Contacted Haddix? He seems to have things pretty good At Perry!
IMO Corbin has asst coaches that are as good as some that are mentioned on here.
Haddix is a fine person, but not impressed with his coaching record!
Bert Browne. Record 20 - 23-1
Justin Haddix record 26-20
Never finished runner up or district winner !
redstorm Wrote:Bert Browne. Record 20 - 23-1

Perry Central hosted home playoff games in 2013 and 2011. Might want to check on that last sentence.
^
ditto.
redstorm Wrote:Bert Browne. Record 20 - 23-1

You also might want to look at the history of the program and other factors.

He can coach.
Haddix is a good coach. If you can win at Perry you can win anywhere. I find it funny someone from Whitley is looking down on a Coach? No offense just saying.
There is not much news leaking out about this job search. Have they interviewed anyone yet?
SEKYFAN Wrote:There is not much news leaking out about this job search. Have they interviewed anyone yet?

They took 2 months to hire a girls basketball coach and that was a in house hire, I would be surprised if they have a coach before May 1st.
Corbin has a lot of good options and I hope they make the right hire. I don't believe they will settle.
SEKYFAN Wrote:What's interesting is that V. Hoover was able to contribute so well there, but could not break into Corbin's starting backfield prior to transferring.

he didn't meet the Jewell standards, couldn't play at Corbin goes to South Carolina and starts on a state championship team :please:
Corbin has lost a lot of good players over the past 5 to 6 years.
Very crucial hire for the Redhound people!
If they make a mistake on this hire, they will be a basketball ball school only!
Football will be a thing of the past!!!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next