•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin coaching search
Corbin schedule for 2014?
jamesdeane Wrote:Wayne didn't stop Corbin the first game. They ran the ball up and down the field on them. The problem was Corbn couldn't stop them either.

1st half game one you are correct. The other 6 quarters they played Wayne defense stopped them. That was last year though...and time to move on.

I saw Corbin has a rough schedule not sure who they added for Trimble.
1.Pulaski Co.
2. SW Pulaski
3. Danville
4. Knox Central
5. South Laurel
jamesdeane Wrote:Wayne didn't stop Corbin the first game. They ran the ball up and down the field on them. The problem was Corbn couldn't stop them either.

Very fair and accurate calls there.

I think you know what I mean, though.

People can chuck it all over the place and nothing is ever said if they lose about their lack of running game.....however, let them be run heavy and their passing game automatically gets brought up.

For what it's worth, Corbin is about as difficult defensively to prepare for as anybody due to their number of formations. That alone, be it run/run, run/pass or pass/pass causes an awful lot of confusion for most.

Personally, I think Wayne County was just due...much like this UK team we have all been watching the last few weeks....finding a way.

Corbin has a very strong and proud tradition that will only continue to keep on keeping on and/or getting better.
What's the latest news on the coaching search? Timeframe?
bcpc Wrote:What's the latest news on the coaching search? Timeframe?

I've heard interviews have not even started yet. I also heard it will be a shocker and Tony Franklin's name was thrown out. He's wanting to come back to KY and be close to family. I hope that rumor is true. Can you imagine?
SEKYFAN Wrote:How did Coach Farris take that news?

He'll be manipulating people to the last minute to let him coach. I hope he is indeed gone. They need to remove him from middle school basketball as well. Corbin has several young teachers that would make great 8th grade coaches. It's time a new generation gets a chance.
This is the administration's chance to crumble the good ole boy system. Years of favoritism an nepotism can be over with the right hire. This community is screaming for a positive change and I just hope they don't choose an internal hire. Most of those guys are good men but they can't handle the job. Jewell and Farris will still have their thumbprints in the program if the hire comes from within. The kids and community are ready to rally behind the right person. There's more excitement about this program than ever before and I can't wait to see what happens. GoHounds!
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Corbin can compete with Belfry and Louisville Central right now, and to think otherwise is delusional.

Seriously???? So you are saying that Corbin is in the same conversation for the state title as Central and Belfry???:igiveup:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Seriously???? So you are saying that Corbin is in the same conversation for the state title as Central and Belfry???:igiveup:

Yes, IMO Corbin has the talent to be in the conversation with Central and Belfry for a state title.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Yes, IMO Corbin has the talent to be in the conversation with Central and Belfry for a state title.

Yes for one year. This is the year but if they don't do it this year they will not be in the discussion for some time.
There is one thing for sure, if they could get Dudley Hilton interested in the job they would become state title contenders pretty much immediately. Hilton has that kind of an impact on a high school program! Just ask the folks at Bourbon County! This guy is a once a lifetime kind of a coach, I would love to see him take this job, I believe everyone would have an eye on this program if he took it. So come on Corbin brass, dont be afraid to go after Dudley with some serious cash and commitment! Git r done!!!!
johnnyd Wrote:Yes for one year. This is the year but if they don't do it this year they will not be in the discussion for some time.

This without a doubt will be a senior oriented team. After this year the talent drops a little, but they should still be very capable of a post season run.
Dudley isnt coming.

Unless Corbin can pay him about 90K (which they can't), he will be at Pikeville.

Truth be told, even if Corbin was able to pay him 90K, it would negate his retirment he is also getting (almost posive. KTRS full pension retirees if they get back into the state public school system can only make an X amount percentage of their retirement).
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:There is one thing for sure, if they could get Dudley Hilton interested in the job they would become state title contenders pretty much immediately. Hilton has that kind of an impact on a high school program! Just ask the folks at Bourbon County! This guy is a once a lifetime kind of a coach, I would love to see him take this job, I believe everyone would have an eye on this program if he took it. So come on Corbin brass, dont be afraid to go after Dudley with some serious cash and commitment! Git r done!!!!

I understand that he is a part of the conversation, which kind of surprised me, although the timing could be off just a little.
johnnyd Wrote:Yes for one year. This is the year but if they don't do it this year they will not be in the discussion for some time.

They have a very good sophomore class and while the junior class does not have a lot of depth, they do have some very good linemen in that class. The 8th grade class is also very strong, and if the QB in that class continues to develop, he will be a special player.
jamesdeane Wrote:I don't know. But with coach Jewell moving on he had to see the writing on the wall. It was obvious to everyone but him that the game has passed him up.

I don't really think the game had passed Coach Farris up. He is old school, so dealing with today's parents and kids may have been a challenge for him though.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Dudley isnt coming.

Unless Corbin can pay him about 90K (which they can't), he will be at Pikeville.

Truth be told, even if Corbin was able to pay him 90K, it would negate his retirment he is also getting (almost posive. KTRS full pension retirees if they get back into the state public school system can only make an X amount percentage of their retirement).

I doubt the Corbin administration wants Dudley. He's a great coach but that's all. Corbin wants an educator as well. It's going to be a tough position to fill and will take a unique individual. A successful coach who is willing to teach, loves the kids and community, can handle the parents and pressure, and willing to stay a while.
SEKYFAN Wrote:I don't really think the game had passed Coach Farris up. He is old school, so dealing with today's parents and kids may have been a challenge for him though.

Willard's ego and stubbornness is his big challenge.
oldhound70s Wrote:I doubt the Corbin administration wants Dudley. He's a great coach but that's all. Corbin wants an educator as well. It's going to be a tough position to fill and will take a unique individual. A successful coach who is willing to teach, loves the kids and community, can handle the parents and pressure, and willing to stay a while.

you do realize this is a tough find. It's why I asked earlier in this thread what Corbin was going to offer: higher expectations and a harder job is not a good deal for any coach unless he loves the program.

Not trying to offend anyone but there are plenty of places this day and age that can win as much as Corbin without the pressure and daily expectations.
Cardfan1 Wrote:you do realize this is a tough find. It's why I asked earlier in this thread what Corbin was going to offer: higher expectations and a harder job is not a good deal for any coach unless he loves the program.

Not trying to offend anyone but there are plenty of places this day and age that can win as much as Corbin without the pressure and daily expectations.

You said it.
This job has not got the attention from potential Coaches the Corbin admin had hoped. Lots of tire kickers but they walk away. This is looking more and more like a in-house hire.
Cardfan1 Wrote:you do realize this is a tough find. It's why I asked earlier in this thread what Corbin was going to offer: higher expectations and a harder job is not a good deal for any coach unless he loves the program.

I agree completely. That's why I feel it's going to be a tough find/hire.
William Muney Wrote:This job has not got the attention from potential Coaches the Corbin admin had hoped. Lots of tire kickers but they walk away. This is looking more and more like a in-house hire.

I doubt anyone on here knows that for sure. I'd say it has a lot of attention.
oldhound70s Wrote:I doubt anyone on here knows that for sure. I'd say it has a lot of attention.

I have been told that they have gotten a better response than expected, and were kind of surprised at who has and who hasn't shown interest. They realized going in that the timing of when the job came open would be a detriment that would have to be overcome.

I couldn't even get a hint of any names from this person though, :HitWall: but got the feeling that it will be at least a couple of weeks away from being filled.
response is the tire kickers. Applications are the ones serious.
:Thumbs: I just don't believe its the job the Corbin Red Dawgs thinks it is. When you have to work under an administration that will micro manage you. Who wants that? Not to mention times have changed and so has the cupcake district that Corbin used to be in. The Fans expect to much to often.:igiveup:
Who all has been interested? Any Names?
King Leonidas Wrote:Who all has been interested? Any Names?

It's really been quite. I've not heard anything except crazy stories such as Tony Franklin. That's why I think it's going to be a shocker.
I think one of these guys will be the coach.

Justin Haddix { if thay want an outside coach }
Jody mouser { inside hire }
tommy Reid { inside hire }
Greg Duncum { inside Hire }

Holcomb stays at Letcher county.

:igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
oldhound70s Wrote:It's really been quite. I've not heard anything except crazy stories such as Tony Franklin. That's why I think it's going to be a shocker.

I want be shock if it's an inside hire.:HitWall:
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next