Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin Co. 69 Pikeville 57
just heard this score....what does everyone think??
Listened to some of this game on the radio.Sounded like the ole Zebra's played apart in this one? Any truth to it?
haha your probably right
its hard to go down to Magoffin and get a fair called game
or at least thats what i have been told
"dirty30" Wrote:haha your probably right
its hard to go down to Magoffin and get a fair called game
or at least thats what i have been told

Where you there? lol
I didn't really think so....I thought that it was pretty well called...and yes that is from a fan of the losing team Big Grin

The story of the game though is that Pikeville lives and dies by the three....and by god they died with it tonight.....Seemed like they shot about 5 for 25+...wish I had the actual stats....

Magoffin Co. played great D and #12 made the FTs all night long....#23 (I think the star player) looked good but couldn't hit the free ones tonight....if she made her shots from the line then it would have been a bigger margin.
No i wasnt there but I know that its always tough to go to Magoffin and come out wiht a win!
Congrats to Magoffin Co.!!!
No, no part from Zebras..It was an exciting game to watch. I've never ever seen a game in Magoffin Co. like I have in other places where how you say "Home Cookin!"... I've never seen that at @ Magoffin Co. game or at least the one's I have seen myself. Pikeville did through up a good number of 3pointers.
Pike - 16 : Magoffin 18= 1st Quarter
Pike- 28 : Magoffin 43= Half time Score (I think, dont hold me to it)
Can't remember 3rd quarter but like it was said earlier Final score was Magoffin 69 - Pikeville 57... If I recall correctly Pikeville was outscored like 25-12 in the second quarter and didn't look back, although they lost a 20 pt lead to a 8 pt lead real quick, but held on for a 12 pt victory.
Magoffin is usually the worst place to play..
"Beef" Wrote:The story of the game though is that Pikeville lives and dies by the three....and by god they died with it tonight.....Seemed like they shot about 5 for 25+...wish I had the actual stats....

I agree with that. I wish they would know when they arent makin it to try and do something else. Thats just an opinion of past experiences. I dont know how or if they tried to do so tonight. But Good Luck to the Lady Panthers on down the road!!

How has Francisco been doing lately? I always thought she was a hard worker, who likes to shoot it up. Had any success in past games?
In my five years of high school basketball I don't think we won on the road to Magoffin Co...but I have a bad memory, too.
"Cali" Wrote:In my five years of high school basketball I don't think we won on the road to Magoffin Co...but I have a bad memory, too.

I dont think that we did either
I think everyone agreed on this game b-4 it was even played. I thought the zebras would have played apart in it but according to beef this was not the case and i would have to belive him. Pikeville was playing a very good team at a hard place to play. IMO Pikeville still could very well b the #1 team in the region at least #2
i think pretty much what happened was that pikeville flat out got outplayed!...no excuses just the better team won!

and if Pikeville doesn't work on their defense they won't beat magoffin county
Yea- I think Pikeville players focus a little too much on the offense. Need to have the D too to win big games.