• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Malaysian Flight MH 370
I was very surprised this mystery in avionics did not have its own thread. I'm taking a shot at it, as I have been glued to it 13 days ago. Currently 1,500 miles off the western coast of Australia nautically from Perth a commercial satellite has discovered potential debris from MH370. Almost two weeks and this is the first solid lead. I'm absolutely astonished by this story of mystery and heartbreak.
Tell me how, in this day and age, no one can tell for certain which direction the plane turned?? Baffles me!!
The sun should be up in a couple hours there and the storm is passing the search site. We should have a few clues around midnight tonight. I've lost so much sleep monitoring this I suppose I will again.
Odd how you can get so involved in a story. Tim McVeigh was that way with me; it was like watching a car accident and somebody was forcing me to watch.
Alien abduction. Beamed the plane up to the motherhood.
I hate getting involved in conspiracy theories...
but I just find it weird that this shenanigans can happen in this day and age.

We can track everyone of our employees and cars at work but a plane can just drop off the radar?
^^^
Whole heartidly agree!!! Since 911, we should know when any plane that's airborne drops their blue ice!!!!!
Yum blue ice is much better than that yellow snow
All I see on comments sections and news channels are wanna be experts telling us how this "can" happen so easily.

If its so easy, fix the dang thing already. They said they could turn off the transponders because if one were to catch fire from electrical problems, the pilots would need that ability. I just don't understand.

Personally, I think the plane has landed!
It's at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. Hope they get to the black box to find out what happened. Crazy that this can be a mystery in this day and age.
This honestly just makes me have an uneasy feeling in my stomach at the thought of how bad our world is getting. For a plane to go missing and we have no means of tracking it, just doesn't set easy with me!
Any theories about what happened? I'd bet that there wasn't a soul alive when the plane hit the water. Oxygen starved passengers lost consciousness because the pilots turned the cabin air off from the cockpit, (who knows what their problem was.) They then set the autopilot and turned off their own oxygen. That particular aircraft is supposed to be able to glide for a hundred miles so from 35,000 feet. So, hours later after the fuel ran out, they just glided down and into the sea.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If anyone is interested, you can go to tomnod.com and browse satellite images and join in on the live search for missing flight ML370. Its pretty wild stuff, people from all over the world are on the site going through the images, you can view live or view sets of imagery and pin drop your outline of potential debris and it will be examined by the experts, or so they say. I'm using it with my step daughter for geography lessons and history until she tires out me but it's a great tool to learn from. This is the site where the original photos were taken that gave the investigators their first potential lead.
Im curious as if some of these flight paths are true.
If they really did take a 90 degree angle, they would have flown back over land and could have landed somewhere if there was a problem.
The stolen passports thing would make anyone want to think terrorism right off the bat, but im not so sure that's its as uncommon as we think it is, especially in that part of the world.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im curious as if some of these flight paths are true.
If they really did take a 90 degree angle, they would have flown back over land and could have landed somewhere if there was a problem.
The stolen passports thing would make anyone want to think terrorism right off the bat, but im not so sure that's its as uncommon as we think it is, especially in that part of the world.

Gut I'm still blown away by the fact that aircraft went to 45,000 ft without stalling then falls to 23,000 ft, stabilizes and then goes on cruise control. All these pilots on TV say the plane should have broken apart due to the G's and sheer speed. It's 2:25am and I'm still watching this, crazy huh !
^
If they never find this plane, it will go down as one of those great mysteries.
Youd think theyd definitely find it, but at the same time, theres a whole lot of stuff we haven't figured out.
The mystery continues, five sonar equipped aircraft search the area and find nothing. What struck me the most was the quote from Poseidon 13 pilot Lt Commander Schantz " if there is anything floating in these waters we will find it" all five search aircraft are back in Australia as it is dark now on the western coast. They have two more days in reality to find and debris with the weather conditions being perfect for search, after that it's stormy weather again and very bad weather at that. Another bummer day for sure.
TigerBlues Wrote:Gut I'm still blown away by the fact that aircraft went to 45,000 ft without stalling then falls to 23,000 ft, stabilizes and then goes on cruise control. All these pilots on TV say the plane should have broken apart due to the G's and sheer speed. It's 2:25am and I'm still watching this, crazy huh !

I think you just answer to what happen TigerBlues. plane fell apart...just saying.
There are a ton of theories floating around from Aliens to Black Holes....The drastic changing of altitudes from 45,000 feet and down to 23,000 feet may have been means to disable the passengers if the oxygen was shut off.

IMO, the plans has crashed. No way it could have landed 14 days ago and not been spotted by now.
I don't trust words, I trust action...
^
I think there plenty of places it could be ditched by people with bad intentions.
TheRealThing Wrote:Any theories about what happened? I'd bet that there wasn't a soul alive when the plane hit the water. Oxygen starved passengers lost consciousness because the pilots turned the cabin air off from the cockpit, (who knows what their problem was.) They then set the autopilot and turned off their own oxygen. That particular aircraft is supposed to be able to glide for a hundred miles so from 35,000 feet. So, hours later after the fuel ran out, they just glided down and into the sea.

I'm inclined to agree with TRT on this theory. I prefer this to the fly under another plane theory and land in an "evil empire" country to use the plane as a future wmd.

And then NKY might have an angle on something. Imagine the shock if this plane landed in China 30 years from now as if nothing never happened. "Final Countdown" style.

Cue the Twilight Zone music:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Chinese satellite pinpoints a large piece of debris floating in souther Indian Ocean, 74ft x 43ft off the southwest coast of Australia. Oceanographers are detailing the potential path given the current and weather conditions in that part of the ocean. Take into consideration this , like the other satellite images this newest image is also four days old. Why it takes days to release this information is a mystery to me and just adds to more questions to the center of the investigation .
Spirit100 Wrote:I'm inclined to agree with TRT on this theory. I prefer this to the fly under another plane theory and land in an "evil empire" country to use the plane as a future wmd.

And then NKY might have an angle on something. Imagine the shock if this plane landed in China 30 years from now as if nothing never happened. "Final Countdown" style.

Cue the Twilight Zone music:

Cool trailer Spirit !
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If they never find this plane, it will go down as one of those great mysteries.
Youd think theyd definitely find it, but at the same time, theres a whole lot of stuff we haven't figured out.

Gut I think you are going to be right, with all the expert analysts I've watched over the past week and a half they all concur that if this aircraft went down in the southern Indian Ocean it will never be found. The area is so remote that if 10 countries combined their resources it would cost billions to each to sustain a full on investigation. That plane is over 4 miles down on the bottom and will stay there forever.
TheRealThing Wrote:Any theories about what happened? I'd bet that there wasn't a soul alive when the plane hit the water. Oxygen starved passengers lost consciousness because the pilots turned the cabin air off from the cockpit, (who knows what their problem was.) They then set the autopilot and turned off their own oxygen. That particular aircraft is supposed to be able to glide for a hundred miles so from 35,000 feet. So, hours later after the fuel ran out, they just glided down and into the sea.

After two weeks of watching around the clock and reading I am leaning with the "zombie" plane theory. Aircraft depressurized killing the passengers then the pilots turn the plane to go back to Malaysia their oxygen runs out but they place the aircraft on auto pilot and it crashes into Indian Ocean.
Most any theory will have its' validity.

Just so many questions!! I could buy the zombie plane theory if so much questionable activity hadn't been completed by the pilot beforehand. It may have gone badly, and ended in disaster, but I believe this plane was originally intended to survive.
Granny Bear Wrote:Most any theory will have its' validity.

Just so many questions!! I could buy the zombie plane theory if so much questionable activity hadn't been completed by the pilot beforehand. It may have gone badly, and ended in disaster, but I believe this plane was originally intended to survive.

Dukes coaching staff felt the same way yesterday and look what happened…

bad ump bump :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
One thing that was presented in a bit of a trivial light by the media, was the deal with the cell phones. If the two mysterious Iranians high jacked the aircraft, it would have been impossible for only two men to keep at least one of the 236 aboard from getting off a text or a call. No way stewardesses or knowledgeable passengers would not have been tipped off something was brewing so, awareness by all aboard would have happened early on.

If the pilots were responsible, which seems plausible since military radar picked up the aircraft at an altitude of 45,000 feet, they possibly could have caused unconsciousness to overcome everybody outside the cockpit. And, that would be especially true for sleepy passengers in the middle of the night. The combination of altitude (cell range issues) and lack of oxygen, would explain why nobody used their phone to send or receive any message. In my mind, whatever happened, happened in a way that prevented cell phone communication and that would mean everybody was unconscious for the entire 7 to 8 hours of flying time after the turn. Both pilots were devout Muslims and as such could not have committed suicide from what has been said. So, all that leaves us with would seem to be oxygen starvation, either due to rapid decompression or by some plot possibly gone wrong. Even at that, one would have thought somebody would have called or texted before the turn. The whole thing is too weird.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I forgot to mention the Chinese satellite image was 80 nautical miles from the 1st images released 2 days ago. The addition of this piece from the Chinese seem to predict the debris is from the airliner with the size of the debris and clearly puts MH 370 on the flight pattern predicted by the USA.
The Poseidon A-8 has taken off from the Australian air force base south of Perth to and will join assets later with China and of course Australian Royal Air Force to search this hot spot. I say if this search is unsuccessful you can forget it. There is a huge cold front moving in and if you have been following this day in and day out you understand this cold front is like a hurricane here in the USA. If we the (USA) would deploy drones I think we have a better shot at finding this aircraft . But really no country is going to expose their capabilities and this is what is killing this investigation. But in the end I say the USA finds it in later years with a submarine and we will never know
  • 1(current)
  • Next