Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Your Favorite Chilli Recipe?
With today's cool weather it reminded me that it's getting to be chilli cooking time. What do you put in your chilli?
I never got into the chunks of meat. To me that was more of a stew. I had to have a ton of beans in mine. I guess that is forbidden in Texas, but I liked them. I always used ground beef, kidney beans, pinto beans, and chilli beans, tomato juice, onions, bell peppers, sometimes mushrooms, salt, pepper, and chilli powder. I never added water. If it need more liquid, i just add more tomato juice. When I put it in the bowl, I liked to put it on a layer of white rice and add American block cheese on top. I liked to eat it with saltine crackers and grilled cheese or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
First boil the ground beef and use a mixer to get it extremely fine . 3 cups of tomato sauce , 2 cups of water , 1/2 bottle of ketchup , 3 packs of seasoning and a 1/4 cup of chili powder , salt pepper .
Wildcatk23 Wrote:First boil the ground beef and use a mixer to get it extremely fine . 3 cups of tomato sauce , 2 cups of water , 1/2 bottle of ketchup , 3 packs of seasoning and a 1/4 cup of chili powder , salt pepper .

I have never tried the mixer trick. So you don't put onions or beans in yours?
Yes. The mixer gets the hamburger meat very fine.

Add whatever veggies you like, I use onion only. I used to add a bell pepper but I can't digest those anymore. lol Guess I make "old people chili". Then tomato sauce, 2 cans of dark kidney beans a and 2 cans of chili beans.

Spices include salt, pepper, garlic, smoked paprika and chili powder.

My husband loves for me to make grilled cheese and cut those into 1/2" cubes. He uses those like croutons.

It isn't safe to be in my house after he eats this stuff!!!
Westside Wrote:I have never tried the mixer trick. So you don't put onions or beans in yours?

Beans in chili 👀, me and my wife fight over this. SHe loves it and i never grew up with beans in chili. Onions every now and again, i kinda eat like a 4 year old so ..........
Chili purists never use beans in chili. THAT'S chili con carne. (with beans)

I love beans in the chili!
Granny Bear Wrote:Chili purists never use beans in chili. THAT'S chili con carne. (with beans)

I love beans in the chili!

I love beans in mine too unless its being made for hotdogs or is that called hotdog sauce?
Nit to get off topic, but Granny Bear, you mentioned during the first weekend of college football season, you were making beef stew. Would you mind sharing your recipe? When I get where I can eat good food again, I'd like to try it.