Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mountain players going to the next level ?
What mountain players are being recruited by colleges,and which schools are their favorites?
I think Wes Woods out of Prestonsburg is going to EKU !
Howard of Leslie has had many offers. I'm not sure what he is deciding on though.
Brent Slusher from Bell Co going to Auburn
Daniel Pugh, the last I heard was getting looked at by some big name D-1AA schools like WKU and GA Southern.
blackcat_student Wrote:I think Wes Woods out of Prestonsburg is going to EKU !

even if they don't offer?
Glad to hear some mountain kids are getting some recognition by some big schools!
Isn't John Johnson from Valley going to UK?
Insight Wrote:Isn't John Johnson from Valley going to UK?

Probably only as a student
Think Tackett and Johnson of Johnson Central will end up anywhere?
PHSCARD Wrote:Probably only as a student

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:even if they don't offer?

I don't know
Yeah but he will NEVER play for them he"s not good at all.
For a player who is not good at all, he is being heavily recruited by several teams including U.K., W.K.U, and E.K.U. If only you was not that good. Remember these are kids we are talking about. Obviously some one thinks that he has potential.
What are the stats on John? Height, weight, 40time...etc?
Johnson is 6'4'' and weighs about 290. He can run the 40 in about 5.1.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:even if they don't offer?

I know they were looking at him at the end of his junior year, because one of there coaches came to the high school and I took him to Coach's room.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
When I played h.s. ball, we had a few boys getting recruited by UK. They seemed to be heavy after them and then when it came crunch time UK didn't have any scholarships left. Long story short, don't put any stock into it unless they are freaks of nature or something or they have a solid offer on the table.

He is being recruited very heavily. He will definitely end up at UK or EKU. He has also had some looks from colleges out of state but I believe he wants to stay in the bluegrass!!! But best of luck wherever he chooses to go!
PHSCARD Wrote:Probably only as a student

I just think that is is hilarious you guys on here can't give anyone credit. It is a honor to have the chance to go play for a D1 school. Ecspecially if you are from the mountains considering these kids hardly get any recognition. I know that 99% of you all hate everybody from Valley but give credit where credit is due. This kids a heck of a ball player...so once again goodluck John and don't let people on here bring you down...

:devilflam
seekingknowledge Wrote:For a player who is not good at all, he is being heavily recruited by several teams including U.K., W.K.U, and E.K.U. If only you was not that good. Remember these are kids we are talking about. Obviously some one thinks that he has potential.

100% AGREED!!!!!
ladycat2440 Wrote:I just think that is is hilarious you guys on here can't give anyone credit. It is a honor to have the chance to go play for a D1 school. Ecspecially if you are from the mountains considering these kids hardly get any recognition. I know that 99% of you all hate everybody from Valley but give credit where credit is due. This kids a heck of a ball player...so once again goodluck John and don't let people on here bring you down...

:devilflam

LOL...why would anyone hate people from Valley. There is all this talk year in and year out about kids going to these big D1 schools from the mountains. The only player to do so since Chase Gibson is David Jones I believe. Those kids had great speed and hands...they were play makers. I just know I played ball with a kid that was 6'4", 270lbs and ran a 4.7 40...UK passed him up after being "heavily" recruited. I hope he makes it, but I'll believe it when I see it.
IRISH4 Wrote:LOL...why would anyone hate people from Valley. There is all this talk year in and year out about kids going to these big D1 schools from the mountains. The only player to do so since Chase Gibson is David Jones I believe. Those kids had great speed and hands...they were play makers. I just know I played ball with a kid that was 6'4", 270lbs and ran a 4.7 40...UK passed him up after being "heavily" recruited. I hope he makes it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Same here. I played with a guy that was 6'3" 315 and they told him he was too small for a scholarship at UK but wanted him to walk on. All this after recruiting him all year. He ended up getting a full ride to marshall. Has 4 rings now and holds alot of the schools strength records. To bad he was so small though.
John Johnson is From Shelby Valley and will either be going to UK or EKU,I think his Girl Friend goes to EKU so that might be where he will go!
What position are "UK and EKU" recruiting him as?
U.K. and E.K.U. are recruiting him as an offensive lineman. U.K. told him he needed to keep his weight below 300 so I don't know about the player who was told he wasn't big enough. Western Kentucky (the team who is showing the most interest at this time) is recruiting him for defensive lineman.
Either way most offensive lineman and def. lineman are close to the 300lbs mark or over it. Maybe they want him to be a tackle on offense??? Western is a good school and they have recruited kids from around the area so I can believe that. Good luck to all seniors.
SunDoctor Wrote:Think Tackett and Johnson of Johnson Central will end up anywhere?
They have all the tools. Tackett IMO is a college level LB.
From what i seen tonight i was not impressed. The kid looks to have a good frame but i seen him on his back quite a few times. That being said i have known colleges to recruit soley on a kids frame and potential. As of right now i just don't see him as a D1 player. Even when i played at Morehead St. our smallest lineman were above 300lbs. one offense. The d ends was more This kids size. But i hope he does get a scholarship to a good D1 school. Its tough for eky kids to get recognized especially if their playing for a team like Valley. No offense but their not exactly getting their doors beat down by the media. Good luck for the rest of the season.
seekingknowledge Wrote:U.K. and E.K.U. are recruiting him as an offensive lineman. U.K. told him he needed to keep his weight below 300 so I don't know about the player who was told he wasn't big enough. Western Kentucky (the team who is showing the most interest at this time) is recruiting him for defensive lineman.

I believe it was his height more than his weight.